Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

23-07-2012, 11:36   #91
swiftman

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftman View Post
avoid the student village just across the road. spent a year there and well in the end i used to be paying for the air i used to breath
much better to rent elsewhere as you will get nicer and more fair landlords. student villages is only good if you want to fail exams and its your first time away from home and all you want to do is party.
i spent a year in one and they promise more than they give. 3nights a week i wouldnt get to sleep till 5am.

just checked and leaving results are out 15august so if your a mature student and already know you got your course then my advise is to start looking now.
might be hard during race week but the later you leave it the less houses there is.
Advertisement
23-07-2012, 11:47   #92
biko
Percolator

City -> School
23-07-2012, 11:51   #93
mikemac1

Ah I remember queing in the Sq on a rainy Wednesday afternoon with a few hundred other souls for the accomadation list

No daft.ie back then I tell ya!

Gleann Rua in Renmore has lots of rental proporties and some lovely houses.
The estate between GMIT and Flannerys is nice too, I forget the name

There are two close options for you

The student village across the road is convienant but run by sharks, you can kiss your deposit goodbye and they'll plunder it even if you were the perfect tenant

However, if you want to go with a student village Cuirt Na Rasai up in Ballybrit is nice, I stayed there a year
It's a bit further away, handy cycle, or steady 20 minute walk
Lovely flats and shops close by
Used to walk through Castlepark every night and no bother, the place has a reputation it doesn't deserve.

Last edited by mikemac1; 23-07-2012 at 11:53.
23-07-2012, 12:07   #94
mr.boombastic

Have accepted my place already so may aswell get cracking sorting out accomodation!staying well away from student villages, house share with professionals or other mature students would be ideal!!
Do you reckon its possible to arrange accomodation now with landlords for september, just presuming most would want to fill any vacant rooms immediately?

Apologies for the novicey questions & appreciate the tips
23-07-2012, 12:33   #95
Diabhal Beag
Known cowboy

Mod: GMIT
Welcome mb20064. Just going to merge this with the big thread.
Advertisement
23-07-2012, 18:46   #96
ben.schlomo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemac1 View Post
Ah I remember queing in the Sq on a rainy Wednesday afternoon with a few hundred other souls for the accomadation list

No daft.ie back then I tell ya!

Gleann Rua in Renmore has lots of rental proporties and some lovely houses.
The estate between GMIT and Flannerys is nice too, I forget the name

There are two close options for you

The student village across the road is convienant but run by sharks, you can kiss your deposit goodbye and they'll plunder it even if you were the perfect tenant

However, if you want to go with a student village Cuirt Na Rasai up in Ballybrit is nice, I stayed there a year
It's a bit further away, handy cycle, or steady 20 minute walk
Lovely flats and shops close by
Used to walk through Castlepark every night and no bother, the place has a reputation it doesn't deserve.
Belmont
28-07-2012, 15:01   #97
pizza_saur_rex

HOLLA!

I am a mature student (27) seeking accommodation as close to GMIT as possible (...lazy walker). Anyone know of any other mature students who are renting out a room, pm me please! THANKS
28-07-2012, 18:50   #98
mr.boombastic

Sorry to hijack your post pizza_saur_rex!!Also a mature student (27) returning to college in GMIT!Have been looking for accomodation last few weeks but based in kildare so still to get up to galway to view anywhere!anyone else looking for a lodger let me know...
29-07-2012, 16:11   #99
monster1

looking for a place myself up there, mature student too (27)
Advertisement
31-07-2012, 18:56   #100
red_poppy

Hey, Moving to Galway in September to start in GMIT. Looking for accommodation at the moment but am gearing more towards a house share rather than student accommodation as I'm 23 and there isn't much in the line of student accommodation that has interested me so far. Would like to get reasonably priced accommodation as close to college as possible but don't have a group to share with so if anyone is looking for flatmates pm me if interested.
07-08-2012, 19:43   #101
katmcf

Short Term Accommodation HELP !

Hi
I am doing my work placement in Galway from the end of August to December out the GMIT direction and I can't get anywhere to take me cause its only for a few months.. Anyone have any suggestions or know anybody who might be on placement too and want to swop?? Im a mature student and very tidy
Kat

Last edited by katmcf; 07-08-2012 at 19:45.
11-08-2012, 17:52   #102
Gary85

Hey im a mature student 26 goin to GMIT looking for other students to rent a house with. Have found a place already 5 min walk away but the landlords looking for a minimum of 2 people to rent to so anyone interested?
11-08-2012, 21:57   #103
katmcf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary85 View Post
Hey im a mature student 26 goin to GMIT looking for other students to rent a house with. Have found a place already 5 min walk away but the landlords looking for a minimum of 2 people to rent to so anyone interested?
Hey, Where is the house and what is the rent like? Id definatly be interested but it wud only be till dec
12-08-2012, 00:19   #104
monster1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary85 View Post
Sent ya a pm
14-08-2012, 22:31   #105
DaBomb

Single room available!

Hey my friend (Female) has a single room available near GMIT (5 minute walk) available if anyone is interested. It is €65 a week and this includes internet and bins. Its oil heated and has been newly insulated so shouldn't take too much! There are currently 3 girls in the house.

PM me if interested or you have any questions!

Last edited by DaBomb; 14-08-2012 at 23:04.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion