Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-01-2012, 20:38   #1
EoinOCall
Closed Account

Is Experience Necessary For Physio?

I was looking at universities for 2013 and am interested in doing physiotherapy.

Some of them have experience with physiotherapist as an entry requirement.

Do I have to do this for everywhere and is it just spending a week or two with a physio (I'll have to line something up over summer if I do).

Thanks, just need to clear it up as I don't want that to be a reason I don't get a course.
Advertisement
19-01-2012, 16:15   #2
JohnMearsheimer

It's probably good to have some experience regardless of whether or not it's a requirement. I'm applying for primary teaching in the UK and experience isn't a requirement for all the courses but I'm glad to have it.
02-08-2012, 19:18   #3
JackD9922

Experience is vital if you are applying to the UK for a BSc of Physiotherapy. You really really need it to stand a chance
03-08-2012, 09:49   #4
Vista255

what if you have a ITEC cert in Holistic Massage Therapy an worked with clients?
03-08-2012, 16:36   #5
JackD9922

No unfortunately that wont do, colleges require hospital work experience. I am sure your ITEC qualification's experience would be another thing to add to your PS but I certainly would be relying on it.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion