Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

19-07-2012, 01:09   #901
mystic86

Hi,

Can somebody recommend an Irish bar that will be showing the Kerry v Tyrone game (on TV3) on Saturday, in the Waterloo area or surrounding areas (I'll be finished at BFI Imax in Waterloo around 3 and the games throws in at 5).

Thanks
Advertisement
19-07-2012, 01:16   #902
Opinicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystic86 View Post
(I'll be finished at BFI Imax in Waterloo around 3 and the games throws in at 5).
You going to see TDKR in IMAX too? A few of us are heading over for the olympics and have tickets booked for it.
19-07-2012, 01:17   #903
mystic86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opinicus View Post
You going to see TDKR in IMAX too? A few of us are heading over for the olympics and have tickets booked for it.
Yup, when ye going to see it? Any idea of Irish bars in Waterloo-ish area?
19-07-2012, 08:56   #904
Opinicus

Quote:
Yup, when ye going to see it? Any idea of Irish bars in Waterloo-ish area?
We have tickets for the Sunday 29th night time screening. It was the only one left with decent seats when I was booking. Can't wait. So tempting to go to the cinema here but I must be strong!

No idea on the bar front sorry. If the worst comes to the worst you can probably watch the match on aertv.ie as long as you can find good wifi (hotel maybe), I wouldn't fancy the data roaming charges otherwise.
19-07-2012, 12:31   #905
Lapin

Can't think of any pubs around Waterloo that might be showing the match but there are a few a 10 minute walk (or short cab ride) across the river in Covent Garden that might.

Try The Harp in Chandos Place, or further up the street in Maiden Lane is The Porterhouse. Ring them in advance as they mightn't have it either but may be able to let you know of other pubs in the area that do. (Assuming the person you talk to has actually heard of Kerry or Tyrone !)

You'll have plenty of time to get the tube from Waterloo to Kilburn. A five minute walk from here is The Kingdom and they will definitely have it with a good atmosphere.
Advertisement
19-07-2012, 12:50   #906
Louche Lad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapin View Post
Try The Harp in Chandos Place
Alhough the Harp is an excellent pub for real ale (I've been there many a time), they'll definitely not be showing it as there's no TV.
Thanks from:
19-07-2012, 13:12   #907
Lapin

Cheers Louche. I was only in there once.
Agree about the ale, keep meaning to call back.

Just thinkng about it now, I'm not sure if the Porterhouse has a tv either, but as I said, someone there might know somewhere else in the area showing the match. The Kingdom is a dead cert though.
19-07-2012, 16:48   #908
Fratton Fred

The Porterhouse has tv's and puts the RTE coverage on so they might show it.
19-07-2012, 17:29   #909
TigerTim

Hi All,

Going to London at end of October. Any recommendations on reasonable hotel rates fairly close to city centre for 2 adults & 3 kids.

Thanks,

T.
Advertisement
22-07-2012, 20:48   #910
Jorah

Quote:
Originally Posted by schemingbohemia View Post
Yeah that's hilarious why not just pay your fare and not be a muppet?
I was only going one stop.
27-07-2012, 15:37   #911
Lapin

Quote:
Hi,

Can somebody recommend an Irish bar that will be showing the Kerry v Tyrone game (on TV3) on Saturday, in the Waterloo area or surrounding areas (I'll be finished at BFI Imax in Waterloo around 3 and the games throws in at 5).

Thanks
How did you get on ?

Did you find a place to watch the game ?
12-08-2012, 12:55   #912
paddylonglegs

5 star london. Similar to The G, galway.

Planning an anniversary trip in London. Stayed at The G in Galway last year and loved the high-end style with a bit of fun and quirkiness to it. I know the G might be called a boutique hotel, but I consider boutique to be just another word for tiny. We prefer the larger anonymous hotels as the small ones can be just a bit too personal.

Any recommendations for a similar style hotel in London? Would be nice to be close to London centre but its not too much of an issue. While we're there we'll be lookign out for decent restaurants and probably go to the theatre. I'd also like to nerd up on some history and art galleries

Thanks all

Last edited by paddylonglegs; 12-08-2012 at 12:58.
12-08-2012, 16:04   #913
Kento

I'm going to London on Tuesday and want to see Wicked the musical in the Apollo Victoria. I've heard you can get cheap tickets on the day of the performance in the West End. Is this risky? Would I be better off just getting the tickets from ticketmaster in advance or would it be relatively easy to get them on the day? Any advice appreciated!
13-08-2012, 18:00   #914
Lapin

If the show is on Tuesday, you have a much better chance of getting tickets on the actual day than you would on a weekend.

Here is a reply I gave to a similar thread recently. I hope its is of help.

Try
http://www.officiallondontheatre.co....-tickets/tkts/

Failing that, there is a green kiosk on the corner of Coventry St and Whitcombe street outside Pret A Manger and opposite KFC, McDonalds and the new M&M Store that sells last minute tickets for West End Shows.

Its about half way between Piccadilly Circus and Leicester Square and only a couple of minutes walk from either of those tube stations.

I got tickets there a couple of times and never had a problem although I have heard some negative stories but I don't know how true they are.

Here is a handy guide to places selling tickets for West End Shows.
Shop around and don't allow yourself to get ripped off.

Enjoy the show !
15-08-2012, 23:51   #915
Fratton Fred

High end? London?

Err, the Ritz, The Dorchester?

High end in London doesn't come cheap.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text