Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

01-06-2012, 19:17   #766
thegreengoblin

It seems the Great One has banned people from wearing Slash t-shirts at GNR gigs LOL. What a sap. I'd love it if if he saw some lad with long curly black hair in the crowd and yelled out 'I'm taking you to the floor mother****er!' before leaping on him.

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses...medium=twitter
Thanks from:
Advertisement
01-06-2012, 19:26   #767
lord lucan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreengoblin View Post
It seems the Great One has banned people from wearing Slash t-shirts at GNR gigs LOL. What a sap. I'd love it if if he saw some lad with long curly black hair in the crowd and yelled out 'I'm taking you to the floor mother****er!' before leaping on him.

This came up before iirc,maybe 2/3 years ago in the US. I thought it was one of them silly urban myths tbh.

Edit: It was Canada 2 years ago. http://www.tmz.com/2010/01/24/slash-...ng-shirts-hat/

Last edited by lord lucan; 01-06-2012 at 19:28. Reason: Found article
01-06-2012, 19:29   #768
gnfnrhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord lucan View Post
This came up before iirc,maybe 2/3 years ago in the US. I thought it was one of them silly urban myths tbh.
Longer than that. I think it first came up with the original return in 2001/2002.
06-06-2012, 15:59   #769
Furious-Red

Quote:
Local police are reporting that Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose was robbed of three gold-and-diamond necklaces worth $200,000 after the band's recent show in Paris.

A spokesman of local police stated Rose was fuming after the theft during a private gathering after the band’s show.
http://www.alterthepress.com/2012/06...-in-paris.html
06-06-2012, 16:03   #770
rednik

Pity they didn't get his watch, just to see what time it is set for !!!.
Advertisement
09-06-2012, 14:41   #771
CodyJarrett
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreengoblin View Post

Would well believe that security were instructed in that regard, as he has had fans thrown out of gigs before for wearing Slash t-shirts:

09-06-2012, 15:29   #772
Motley Crue

Send a message via Skype™ to Motley Crue
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplashed View Post
Would well believe that security were instructed in that regard, as he has had fans thrown out of gigs before for wearing Slash t-shirts:

In fairness this clip is over 10 years old at this stage, so he might not be so inclined to make such a public statement, at least not to an audience member during a gig
21-07-2012, 18:56   #773
ozzy jr

Appetite for Destruction 25 years old today

(2) thanks from:
22-07-2012, 00:44   #774
Itssoeasy

Ron doesn't sound happy if his tweets are a true reflection of his feelings. He sounds pissed off.
Advertisement
22-07-2012, 00:46   #775
gnfnrhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itssoeasy View Post
Ron doesn't sound happy if his tweets are a true reflection of his feelings. He sounds pissed off.
I refuse to use twitter. What's it about?
22-07-2012, 01:53   #776
Itssoeasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnfnrhead View Post
I refuse to use twitter. What's it about?
@bumblefoot: Success without a feeling of integrity, or happiness, is not success. To me. We all have to re-evaluate our compromises once in a while...

@bumblefoot: Crew working dangerously nonstop due to added show. Not ok with that... (Hey, if anyone has a prob with my honesty *UNFOLLOW* me.)

@bumblefoot: Wow. Diverted without info (or gear or clothes or sleep) to play a wedding in France. Yep. Guess it's not *one show left*...

@bumblefoot: One. More. ****ING. Show. One more.

Last edited by Itssoeasy; 22-07-2012 at 01:57.
(3) thanks from:
22-07-2012, 02:03   #777
gnfnrhead

He was having trouble with his back before the Euro tour started, wasn't he? Can't imagine he is too happy with shows getting added with probably no notice. I'm guessing he was planning on some down time to let his back recover from such a long tour.
22-07-2012, 05:56   #778
Bluefoam

My spidey senses tell me that Axles HR department might be busy finding another contract guitar player...

BTW. Getting G'n R to play at your wedding is a good idea, but I was able to find another cover band for allot less money for a 30th birthday party recently...
22-07-2012, 08:37   #779
Motley Crue

Send a message via Skype™ to Motley Crue
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnfnrhead View Post
He was having trouble with his back before the Euro tour started, wasn't he? Can't imagine he is too happy with shows getting added with probably no notice. I'm guessing he was planning on some down time to let his back recover from such a long tour.
A lot of the pain in his back is gone now, thankfully he was able to see a doctor when he was in the UK, and was given a successful course of treatement which greatly helped his recouperation - he left the UK feeling 1000% better then when he came in

Ron's problem is his honesty, he's a genuinely nice guy, and when you've been on the road for almost three months living out of suitcases - despite how much high profile and comfort this kind of tour brings - you're gonna be slightly pissed off if there is one more show or if you get diverted to France or something.

In any case, GNR "fans" also hold a large percentage of people who just cannot take bad news in any form, anything which even slightly casts a negative comment over the band is attacked...which is completely unfair and totally unrealistic, because not everything is rosey in the GNR world.

In any case, last show in Spain today, cannot believe the European tour is almost over. Feels like so long ago now when I saw them in Dublin and the UK earlier this year....

For me, one of the highlights of this tour has been Izzy's appearance in the 02 to perform 14 Years

22-07-2012, 23:30   #780
ahsured

Does anyone remember those bootleg guns and roses tapes during the 80s
I think I bought one called good or somefink
You could buy them on any corner of the capital,the same guy
used to travel the country selling those necklases with skulls
crosses etc on them.

Is he still around

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline