Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie) - Page 107 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

13-07-2012, 16:44   #1591
brian_t

Quote:
Originally Posted by flanree View Post
I've had this idea for a film plot for years but I thought this thread would be a good place to check if it has been made before to any extent?

Concept:Main character is a talentless loser type who relies on google for any information and always tries to make a quick buck avoiding making any effort. He gets sent back in time accidentally to the mid 20th century. The film follows him desperately trying to recreate successful ideas of the latter 20th century that haven't yet happenned in a vain attempt to cash in. Being a talentless philistine with no resources he fails spectacularly to: recall key details of major events, recreate classic works of various artforms, reinvent great inventions etc. I would see it as a comedy but it could go down the road of him redeeming himself by averting some final disaster (perhaps by accident).

Two films have hinted at aspects of the idea, both of which honestly came out after I thought of it: Forrest Gump and more so Be Kind Rewind. Have there been any films made closer to the above plot?
Timecop and Time Chasers both deal with people going back in time to profit themselves only to be stopped by other time travellers. I would imagine that there would be several others I can't think of at the moment.

To be honest I don't think that the two examples you give do even hint at that kind of plot or have any kind of time travel - but it has been a long time since I've seen them.
Advertisement
14-07-2012, 17:39   #1592
danger_mouse_tm

Send a message via MSN to danger_mouse_tm
Does anyone know the name of the American 80's movie in which a couple rent out a room in their home to a tennant from hell who drives them to the point of almost leaving there house. But they discover that this guy is a wealthy con man who has done this many times before in order to get the house. The bad guy is quite famous but I can't remember his name....
14-07-2012, 18:10   #1593
kitakyushu

Quote:
Originally Posted by danger_mouse_tm View Post
Does anyone know the name of the American 80's movie in which a couple rent out a room in their home to a tennant from hell who drives them to the point of almost leaving there house. But they discover that this guy is a wealthy con man who has done this many times before in order to get the house. The bad guy is quite famous but I can't remember his name....
Pacific Heights
16-07-2012, 19:45   #1594
DazMarz
Meet The New Boss

I'm fairly sure it's The Last of the Mohicans, but just want to be sure. It's a film that has a scene in which a man has his heart cut out of his chest while he looks on in horror, as the man who cuts the heart out says something along the lines of "We will wipe your seed from the earth" or something. The man getting disheartened () is dressed in what looks like American colonial uniforms or possibly British redcoat uniform, and the killer is a Native American warrior.

Cheers.
16-07-2012, 19:49   #1595
Mickeroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazMarz View Post
I'm fairly sure it's The Last of the Mohicans, but just want to be sure. It's a film that has a scene in which a man has his heart cut out of his chest while he looks on in horror, as the man who cuts the heart out says something along the lines of "We will wipe your seed from the earth" or something. The man getting disheartened () is dressed in what looks like American colonial uniforms or possibly British redcoat uniform, and the killer is a Native American warrior.

Cheers.
Yep thats Last of the Mohicans without question.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
19-07-2012, 16:40   #1596
Josey Wales

I have very little to go on here but I'll try anyway.

There is a large conference table where all the people sitting there have had the water extracted from their bodies. All that is left is a pile of dust on each seat.

At the end I think a machine is used to add water back to the dust to recreate the people.

Any ideas what this could be?
19-07-2012, 16:46   #1597
kitakyushu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josey Wales View Post

There is a large conference table where all the people sitting there have had the water extracted from their bodies. All that is left is a pile of dust on each seat.

At the end I think a machine is used to add water back to the dust to recreate the people.

Maybe I'm way off but I reckon that's the 1966 Batman movie (or one of the episodes of the show anyway).
(2) thanks from:
19-07-2012, 16:46   #1598
westies4ever
Closed Account

Quote:

I think thats an old Batman movie from the 60's with Adam West?
Thanks from:
19-07-2012, 17:18   #1599
Josey Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by westies4ever View Post

Wow. I always thought that I hadn't seen that. I must check it out.
Advertisement
19-07-2012, 21:51   #1600
westies4ever
Closed Account

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by westies4ever View Post

Wow. I always thought that I hadn't seen that. I must check it out.

I just remember the weapon in it was the dehydrator! And the conference room was the world trade centre. Haven't seen it for years. Hope I'm not on the wrong track.
Thanks from:
19-07-2012, 23:19   #1601
Blue850

Quote:

Tank Girl
20-07-2012, 08:30   #1602
redz11

Quote:
Originally Posted by redz11 View Post
I remember a movie I saw on video at a friends house, it was most likely sometime between 1990 and 1995 ... I think!

The main scene that I remember is a teenage boy, in his bedroom. And some sort of vortex opened up in the middle of his bed, and it sucked in everything in his bedroom, and him, too.

I'd know the scene straight away if I saw it again ... gave me nightmares for years!

I've a feeling it's a pretty mainstream movie, so hopefully someone here will know it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellfireEire View Post
Could it be Nightmare On Elm Street? There is a scene where the main male character is pulled down into his bed with his tv etc, killed and the room fills with gore.

Here is the link *Warning* violent scene
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz9DWbfmSbI
Yup, that's the one!

Thanks - I knew it was a well-known one alright.

Will probably get nightmares again now after watching that!
23-07-2012, 01:52   #1603
iDann

Hey,
I can remember the name of this film, but here how it goes..
Some man ends up in a parallel universe/reality and everything is different , I think his wife doesn't know who he is or something like that, but he does something anyway, that puts out some alert through out the city to kill him or catch him, so he goes on the run and he meets this other girl who's in the situation , think she was Asian and they make some portal/machine thing to go back to the real world.
Its really bugging me that I can't remember the name, its years old I'd say, must deffo have been on Irish TV.

Thanks.
Thanks from:
23-07-2012, 02:07   #1604
dunworth1

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDann View Post
Hey,
I can remember the name of this film, but here how it goes..
Some man ends up in a parallel universe/reality and everything is different , I think his wife doesn't know who he is or something like that, but he does something anyway, that puts out some alert through out the city to kill him or catch him, so he goes on the run and he meets this other girl who's in the situation , think she was Asian and they make some portal/machine thing to go back to the real world.
Its really bugging me that I can't remember the name, its years old I'd say, must deffo have been on Irish TV.

Thanks.
first thought is that it might be "the one"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0267804/
Thanks from:
25-07-2012, 23:55   #1605
malene

I'll throw this one out again.

Just wondering if u know what film I'm on about. It's French language.

Saw it years ago on C4 maybe. Husband has affair with young brunette, then near end, kills her, hides her behind wall of room that is being redecorated. The wall is plastered up. Then I think he feels guilty, goes back to get the body, makes hole in wall , body not there. Can't remember the rest. It came out in the 80's I'd say and in colour. Thanks.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion