Food delivery driver's wage - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

02-07-2012, 15:29   #1
squishykins

Send a message via Skype™ to squishykins
Food delivery driver's wage

I'm just wondering how do delivery drivers get paid here in the city centre? Google reveals nothing, so is it a base wage or a certain amount per delivery or what? And how much would an average driver make per night?

Thanks in advance
Advertisement
02-07-2012, 15:33   #2
Charles1412

Send a message via Skype™ to Charles1412
Re Wages

I did it a few years ago for a pizza store and there was no basic pay it was something like €2 per delivery and then tips
Thanks from:
02-07-2012, 15:38   #3
squishykins

Send a message via Skype™ to squishykins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles1412 View Post
I did it a few years ago for a pizza store and there was no basic pay it was something like €2 per delivery and then tips
So was it worth it financially for you? I'm assuming the place was busy!
02-07-2012, 16:49   #4
Charles1412

Send a message via Skype™ to Charles1412
Wages

I think it was around €50 on a quite night and up to €100 on a Friday or Saturday for 6 hours approx
02-07-2012, 17:53   #5
CyberJuice

if im not mistaken i think majority of them do cash in hand,the small chippers/chinese places..i know they did it this way at least 8 years ago, the big chains will tax you

they dont pay for your petrol and you get a small amount per delivery u make and u keep tips,its worthwhile on weekends but can be slow during the week,alot of the chinese places will have chinese drivers so not much chance to get a job there,your best bet is chippers
Advertisement
02-07-2012, 17:53   #6
ben36

Every place differs.Where i work we get €35 for 7 hours plus €2 a delivery,average 30 a night and then whatever tips.Usually come home with €120-€170 on any given night.

A lad i know works for a well known pizza place in Finglas and they don't pay an hourly rate but pay €3.70 per delivery.
03-07-2012, 03:32   #7
arleitiss

guys would you say it's easy to find this type of job? or will pretty much any take away accept me once I walk in as long as I have full b category + car + insurance?
03-07-2012, 21:08   #8
January

Send a message via AIM to January Send a message via MSN to January Send a message via Yahoo to January
One thing you have to remember when you're doing this type of job is the possibility of having to change your insurance to a different category. Social, Domestic and Pleasure will not cover you if you have a crash and you've been doing deliveries for somewhere. They can charge you extra for changing category.
Thanks from:
03-07-2012, 22:03   #9
kceire

I worked for a local Curry Shop in Finglas. Friday night 5pm to 12am, got €70 plus tips plus meal at end of night.

Also worked in Dominos Finglas, got €5 per hour, plus 1.50 per delivery plus tips plus meal at end of night.
Advertisement
03-07-2012, 23:02   #10
Nodster

I know my motorbike insurance has a 'No fast food delivery' clause
04-07-2012, 02:34   #11
Vitamin T

I worked for Domino's and we just got €3.70 per delivery and then tips (which had gotten awful towards the end of my stint there!). I ended up leaving to find another job because I found it wasn't worth my while financially. They kept putting too many drivers on which meant you were only doing maybe 2 deliveries per hour so getting approx. 7-9 euro per hour and then still having to pay for your petrol at the end of the night!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion