Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish UF Clubs

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭starringme

would anyone be interested in a UF club (or even some pick up games) around Castleknock? Obviously with the Phoenix Park etc there are ample places to train especially for anyone from the area whereas there are no real teams really convenient to the area at the moment.
    I used to have fairly regular pickup games in Castleknock but most of those who played have moved.

Alternatively, does anyone from the ck area go to the Herbert Pk training sessions on Sundays?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Drodan

jambolian wrote: »
    Hey guys, just coming into the scene now, played around in griffith and played a few in belvedere college, whats the story with newcomers, herb park on sunday? around 3, all welcome i suppose? thanks

Is there a Belvo school team now? Would save so much effort if someone already started doing it in the school. Myself and a few other OB's were thinking of going back and starting a team up for students considering Mary's n Gonzaga and the likes are teams.

Btw there's a posibility of a OB Ultimate team being set up soon, depending on numbers and if any of us can get off our asses to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

Never played the sport in my life but where there's an Old Belvedere team, there's an Old Belvederian right here willing to play for them. BELVO UBER ALLES!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭personguy

anyone up for throwing a disc around tomorrow any time?
    just one, or a group, i've just been so busy with work and have tomorrow off and would love to toss around for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I occasionally Frisbee with my friend Jade (BLoodRedRose) and we are looking to get into it professionally. Any advice?

I don't think even the best players in the world are professional tbh mate. Best you could hope for is doing a coaching course whenever they come around again or when the IFDA do up their own certification of it (which may be in the works I think) and possibly get paid to coach a few sessions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 killflys

west side ultimate / ultimate westside cowboys / the westies...not sure of the name yet...BUT...there are a group of us (5 definate) who are starting up a ultimate team for the west of dublin. the lucan / palmerstown / clondalkin / balleyfermot / (not dublin but close) lexlip / celebridge sort of area. we will be more then likely training in lucan or mabey the pheonix park depending where everybody is coming from. but as a new team we are looking for players of any ability at all to play. if your in a club or not come along! :D it will be great fun :D (men and women, any age are welcome)

no times as of yet, will make something definate in the new year though :)

email me if you interested @ cillianflynn@msn.com

hope to get a interest from a few people ;)

Cillian 'Ki-Ki' Flynn

You the new Coco Cillian? Who you setting the team up with? My gf is from Lucan, does that count?

Drodan wrote: »
    You the new Coco Cillian? Who you setting the team up with? My gf is from Lucan, does that count?

i quote this from a one maynooth lads...'well conor phealan is coco, and your the prodigy of conor phelan, sooo...we will get kiki on your jersey, alrite' never seen him play, but doubt i will ever be as good! javin li is the only that you would probably know, the rest are beginners stricly speaking, but play with maynooth, trinity and ucd. we are just interested in getting a local team, you interested?

Ah tis yourself. I've dropped up to one of your training sessions a couple times when bored.

I don't actually live any where near the west of Dublin, and I'd have to give first preference to OCS all the time, but I can helps ye's out and play from time to time when I can. Could do with getting more training sessions in too, we don't get many in blanch ye see.

apologies for the bad memory with names...but u the lad, glasses and smoker? and if not describe yourself!

well the more people the merrier :D more then likely wont be anything happening untill after xmas because a few of the lads are working and that but i will keep you notified! :) send me a email there with your number and that and ill let you know what the stroy is. would pheonix park be easier for you?

charity tourney on the 27th?

That's myself yeah, though not the usual way I get described but I'll take it! haha.

After christmas is when a few other clubs are starting back too. The Phoenix Park wouldn't be the most handiest of places but sure I can make it work, I've travelled further for a game. To Maynooth actually.

I'll PM you my details now sure. If ye loose them just ask Oisin or Jay, they have 'em too.

yeah thats grand! ill let you know what the story is anyway! hope to see you at one of our trainings/matches anyway! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Fergus_Nash

Hey everybody. For anybody down around Arklow in Co. Wicklow there's the Arklow Ravens club. Find us on Facebook by simply typing it into the search box :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 madmike1993

im on the dit team and im looking for a summer league team near me which would be south dublin/west wicklow or kildare wicklow border or even if anyone is interested in starting a team

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Tiernster7

Stupid question is Ultimate professional in any country?

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

They're trying out professional ultimate in the US currently, would you believe?
    http://theaudl.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Trick shooters69

Please watch my frisbee trickshot videos
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TrickShooters69

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 mikemurph43

Hiya guys! Just thought I should say that frisbee is hands down the most <snip> sport in the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

Hiya guys! Just thought I should say that "frisbee" is hands down the most <snip> sport in the world!

If you're going to try and troll at least put some effort into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭personguy

gearoidof wrote: »
    They're trying out professional ultimate in the US currently, would you believe?
    http://theaudl.com/

i thought that was already a thing..!?

i know there are official college teams, and i thought i remembered hearing about scholarships and player tradings..maybe i just misunderstood.

but yeah, i would believe. i've never met an irish person (friend or foe) who hasn't laughed at the combination of "frisbee" and "sport" in the same sentence, but i have taken people (men and women) who play rugby out for a few games and they've admitted it is a tough game, and they can see the "sport" in it, even if there isn't a ball.

in short, people who laugh at frisbee as a sport are usually people who have never tried to play frisbee as a sport.

similar to table tennis, from a personal standpoint; i thought of it as "an amusing past time" until i tried to play with people who really know their stuff. it really takes a great amount of skill, accuracy, grace, power, concentration. that's not to say it can hold its own against the power and skill involved in a great game of rugby or soccer, but it's generally worth allowing that games of skill can look very easy from the sidelines, and take on a new form once you get involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭jeepers101

Anybody know if there is a club in/near the Swords area?

jeepers101 wrote: »
    Anybody know if there is a club in/near the Swords area?

Fairly certain there isn't, most club's details on here. http://www.irishultimate.com/players/find-a-team/#Club

Nearest would probably be OCS or Jabba

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Odrevan

Tiernster7 wrote: »
    Stupid question is Ultimate professional in any country?

'Murica with the AUDL and MLU :) I've watched a couple of MLU games thanks to the live streaming on YouTube, worth a look!