Hi all, I've come across the following passages in the Quran that appear to inconsistent or a contradiction ?
What are the Muslim explanations for each of these ?
2:23.If you have doubts about our revelations to our servant (Mohammad) call on your martyrs (Shohadaikum).
- Should it be call on your partners (Shorakaikum) as no one would call on the dead people to witness anything ?
86:7 human sperms originate from between the back and the ribs
- Yet we know sperms originate from the testicles ?
4: 78, 79. Verse 78 says that all actions good or evil come from God while the verse 79 says that good comes from God while evil comes from humans ?
37:139-145 Jona ( Younis) was ejected from the belly of the whale, while in 68:48-49 Jona was not ejected. Which is it ejected or not ejected ?
2:6-7 God blinded the unbelievers as he closed their hearts, their vision and their hearing. Why would God, who wanted everyone to believe, do that ?
2:10 The kuffars are sick in their hearts and God increased their sickness.
- Is that logical that God would increase their sickness instead of healing them ?
2: 264 God does not guide the Kuffars.
- But why ? who needs guidance the believer or the unbeliever?
4:88 Do you want to guide those that God had misled?
- Why would the all loving God mislead his own creatures?
6:149 If God wished He would have guided all of you.
- It seems God did not wish to guide all, why he did not want everyone to believe ?
13: 33 If God misleads his creature no one can guide them.
- Why would the most merciful mislead his creatures, and also not want anyone else to guide them. ?
14:4 God misleads whoever He wants and guide whoever he wants.
- Is God selective in guidance?
91:8 God inspires humans their good and evil.
- If God, in His unlimited capability, inspires good and evil for all beings, have we any other alternative when God has already inspired it ?
- Does Repentance means anything when such a decision of God has already been made ?
18:83-86 Zu-El Qarnin found out that the sun sets in a hole of murky water. How does the sun which is so much larger than the earth set in a murky hole on the same earth ?
Such a statement is attributed not only to Zu-Al Qarnin, in holy hadeeth Mohammad (PBUH) also confirmsmthe setting of the sun in a hole of murky water to Abu-Darr ?
23:12-14 in Quranic embryology a stage is reached when it becomes bones then the bones are dressed with flesh.
- Yet in the womb, flesh and bones are developed simultaneously ?
17:1 Mohammad visited Al-Masjid Al-Aqsa.
- Yet there was no Masjid Al-Aqsa nor any other masjid during the life of Mohammad.
Islam entered Palestine after Omar Bin El Khattab conquered Palestine after the death of the prophet. Al-Masjid Al-Aqsa was built almost sixty years after the death of Mohammad by Marwan bin Abdelmalik ?
23:14 blessed Allah the best of all creators.
- How many creators do we have?
88: 20 The earth has been flattened.
- Is this not a contradiction to science ?
5: 73 He blasphemes who says that God is one of three gods.
- Yet Christianity does not claim that there are three gods.
Why does Mohammad (PBUH) seem confused about the trinity belief which describes God as one, with three different personalities ?
31:10 God created the heavens and supported them with invisible pillars.
- What are these invisable pillars and where are they ?
71:15-16 God created the seven stories heavens and made the moon as a source of light in these heavens.
- Yet the moon is not a source of light, it merely reflects sunlight ?