Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

29-06-2012, 11:58   #3706
SarahBeep!

I have been inspired by you Honey.......to get up and go across the road to Superquinn and get a hot chicken roll
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
29-06-2012, 13:30   #3707
Links234
ლ(ಠ_ಠლ)

So, I'm still terrified of public toilets...

There's a couple of places around town I'll go to where I feel safe enough, but they're few and far between. This is actually kinda getting bad to the point where I was out for a few drinks the other week, needed to use the toilet, but held it for over 2 hours until I went home. Sometimes when I'll be out, I'll ask my girlfriend to come with me if I need to go, but she gets kinda pissed off at that and tells me I just have to learn to get on with it. I wish I could be as confident as her, but I just can't do it, so sometimes holding it feels like my only option. I know that rationally there probably isn't gonna be a problem, recent times I've gone to the ladies room, other women have just smiled at me, but I'm still very afraid. I was hoping that once I get a new passport and that I'll have ID to back me up, this won't be such a problem, but now I'm not so sure that having ID is gonna make the fear and panic go away and that it'll still be something I'm going to struggle with for a long time. What's even worse is that I'm on medication that makes me need to use the toilet more often.

*sigh*
29-06-2012, 13:32   #3708
boneyarsebogman

Send a message via MSN to boneyarsebogman
I was relaxing on my bed earlier when I realized I had gotten a missed call from an English number and that they had left a voicemail; was from a company in London saying they had seen my CV online and that they were looking for PHP developers. Sucks as I've no experience in PHP. Still, was rather cool that I sort of got headhunted.
(2) thanks from:
29-06-2012, 13:35   #3709
Bubblefett

Trying to get together a survival kit for my dad for going into hospital next week- anyone any suggestions??
So far I've got a crossword book and I'm going to bake him chocolate cherry cookies... now I'm stuck. He has an ebook so books are out :/
29-06-2012, 13:35   #3710
Fluorescence
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Links234 View Post

There's a couple of places around town I'll go to where I feel safe enough, but they're few and far between. This is actually kinda getting bad to the point where I was out for a few drinks the other week, needed to use the toilet, but held it for over 2 hours until I went home. Sometimes when I'll be out, I'll ask my girlfriend to come with me if I need to go, but she gets kinda pissed off at that and tells me I just have to learn to get on with it. I wish I could be as confident as her, but I just can't do it, so sometimes holding it feels like my only option. I know that rationally there probably isn't gonna be a problem, recent times I've gone to the ladies room, other women have just smiled at me, but I'm still very afraid. I was hoping that once I get a new passport and that I'll have ID to back me up, this won't be such a problem, but now I'm not so sure that having ID is gonna make the fear and panic go away and that it'll still be something I'm going to struggle with for a long time. What's even worse is that I'm on medication that makes me need to use the toilet more often.

*sigh*
I hope you don't mind me saying, but I don't think you need to be too worried about running into trouble when using the ladies' restrooms. From the pictures you've posted up here, you look very feminine Definitely more so than I do, and I don't worry about bringing my passport to the toilet to prove I'm female (though perhaps I should )

If you act like you've a reason to be there, no one will doubt you!
Advertisement
29-06-2012, 13:43   #3711
Honey-ec
Closed Account

Exactly what Fluorescence said. I don't think any woman would bat an eyelid at you if they saw you in a ladies loo anywhere.
29-06-2012, 13:45   #3712
WesternNight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Links234 View Post

*sigh*
Having seen your pictures in KYL, I'm fairly sure you don't have to worry about anyone thinking you're anything other than a woman. Hell, you're more feminine looking than I am! So, if it's the fear of having someone question you about whether you're a woman, I don't think you don't have to fear that.

It would never have occurred to me that anyone would ever have to worry about having to bring ID to the toilets with them. That makes me sad.
(3) thanks from:
29-06-2012, 13:57   #3713
Novella

Send a message via Skype™ to Novella
Note to self : Do not Facebook stalk. It never ends well.
29-06-2012, 14:02   #3714
ihsb
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novella View Post
What did you find? Stalking sucks But is somehow unavoidable.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
29-06-2012, 14:11   #3715
Links234
ლ(ಠ_ಠლ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluorescence View Post
I hope you don't mind me saying, but I don't think you need to be too worried about running into trouble when using the ladies' restrooms. From the pictures you've posted up here, you look very feminine Definitely more so than I do, and I don't worry about bringing my passport to the toilet to prove I'm female (though perhaps I should )

If you act like you've a reason to be there, no one will doubt you!
I know that I shouldn't be worried, but I still can't get over being so afraid. and it's not really all in my head though, because people I know have had issues in toilets in Ireland before, some lesbian women I know have had other women scream at them because they look boyish, and I know one woman who was shoved out of the toilets at one point. it's worse then if you're transgender, 'cos what if you run into someone who really has something against trans people? I'd just die if someone tried to kick up a ****storm like this over me: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6094782.stm

I know I shouldn't be so afraid, but public bathrooms still look like this to me:

sorry for the moan
29-06-2012, 14:15   #3716
bluewolf
being awesome

Send a message via MSN to bluewolf
ive never seen anybody yell at anybody in a bathroom

go in and yell right back
nobody is going to beat you up...

yer wan is a former showgirl anyway what would she know
(2) thanks from:
29-06-2012, 14:17   #3717
Fluorescence
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

That's the thing though - I don't think anyone would be able to tell you're trans unless you went around with a sign on your forehead. I don't think I've ever noticed a trans person in a women's bathroom, and I must have run into at least 1 in my lifetime.

I'm sorry to hear your friends have had trouble though. That's really disgusting. I weep for humanity at times, I really do
Thanks from:
29-06-2012, 14:17   #3718
Stench Blossoms
I don't actually smell

Quote:
But but but....that's the whole point of facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewolf View Post
ive never seen anybody yell at anybody in a bathroom

go in and yell right back
nobody is going to beat you up...

yer wan is a former showgirl anyway what would she know
Oh I've yelled at people in the bathroom. But only because I'm bursting to go and they skip the que
Thanks from:
29-06-2012, 14:31   #3719
Novella

Send a message via Skype™ to Novella
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihsb View Post
What did you find? Stalking sucks But is somehow unavoidable.
Oh ya know, I was doing a bit of peeking at the ex! I know, I know! And he'd just re-added a girl who was really mean to me when we were together. It sounds totally pathetic and I'm not upset or anything like that. I dunno, I guess I'm disappointed or something.

Next time I look at his page, I give everybody permission to slap me.
29-06-2012, 14:36   #3720
ihsb
Closed Account

Quote:
Oh ya know, I was doing a bit of peeking at the ex! I know, I know! And he'd just re-added a girl who was really mean to me when we were together. It sounds totally pathetic and I'm not upset or anything like that. I dunno, I guess I'm disappointed or something.

Next time I look at his page, I give everybody permission to slap me.
No I can get that. If my OH was to let people back in if we break up it would be a major stab in the stomach.

WHAT A JERK!
Thanks from:
Thread Closed