Pokemon League: Freeze Season Thread - Page 2 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

21-06-2012, 16:57   #16
popzmaster

Send a message via MSN to popzmaster
Delighted to announce we had a grand total of 9!!!! people show up to League on Tuesday, equalling our record attendance from our last league season way back when, and I can safely say it can only be up and up from here on in. Pat yourselves on the back likes! Also our pack should finally be here next Tuesday so people can see our cool new shiny things we can earn.
I might even have to dip my toe back in the murky stagnant water of facebook to update about the league there too.

Exciting stuff eh???
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
21-06-2012, 17:33   #17
cloud493

It was! I shall defeat that espeon next week!
21-06-2012, 23:23   #18
Angron
Blood for the Blood God

I'll try and show up again when I have some cards to play with, or at the very least have my DS
25-06-2012, 12:10   #19
cakemonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by popzmaster View Post
Delighted to announce we had a grand total of 9!!!! people show up to League on Tuesday, equalling our record attendance from our last league season way back when, and I can safely say it can only be up and up from here on in. Pat yourselves on the back likes! Also our pack should finally be here next Tuesday so people can see our cool new shiny things we can earn.
I might even have to dip my toe back in the murky stagnant water of facebook to update about the league there too.

Exciting stuff eh???
hey, me and my friend were going to go to the league on the tenth of july. id that okay? and will you host pre-releases? thanks!
27-06-2012, 13:01   #20
cloud493

My new deck cleaned up yesterday only one loss. Got some pics I could bring onto the thread?
Advertisement
27-06-2012, 22:02   #21
Just Like Heaven
Closed Account

Is there any new rules/rotations in operation?

Assuming it's the new black and white rules I can brush those up, but if there's a rotation, I don't know if I can even make up a deck

And to play do you have to join the leauge or can I just pop along every now and again? (Which will be as often as I can though!) I can join too, so long as i'm not expected to make every meeting.
27-06-2012, 22:22   #22
Buzzthebatgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by fewtinsoffroth View Post
Is there any new rules/rotations in operation?

Assuming it's the new black and white rules I can brush those up, but if there's a rotation, I don't know if I can even make up a deck

And to play do you have to join the leauge or can I just pop along every now and again? (Which will be as often as I can though!) I can join too, so long as i'm not expected to make every meeting.
Popzmaster has the final say on this (and feel free to tell me to butt out since I don't live in Dublin ) Leagues are usually just come and play, no pressure to come every week, when you can is fine. Of course the more you come, the more games you play and the more stamps you can earn to get prizes

I have no idea on the house rules. I can confirm there will be an official TPCi TCG "rotating out" of the HGSS cards, but I think that happens after Worlds, so September time? Unless you want to partake in current tournaments, don't worry about it. The new rotation will have cards from BW onwards.

The BW sets have a few new things (PokePowers/Pokebodies are now called Abilities, the return of EX Pokemon), the main thing is that the starting player can now play Trainer [item], Trainer [Supporter], and Trainer [Stadium] cards on the first turn.

Hope that helps
28-06-2012, 13:49   #23
wedgelington

thought my fellow leaguers would find it interesting that most gamestops over dublin are currently having massive sales and they do sell pokemon cards in alot of them, believe you can pick up a tin for around 8 euro, not 100% on the prices but my friend said he was in there recently and thats the general price range
28-06-2012, 22:05   #24
cloud493

Not in gamestop swords/henry street/the one off henry street/stephens green/clare hall.
Advertisement
28-06-2012, 22:16   #25
wedgelington

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud493 View Post
Not in gamestop swords/henry street/the one off henry street/stephens green/clare hall.
well that sucks but i can pretty much guarentee they sell them in gamestop bray and the're having a sale, sorry if you happened to head out to all these shops :s
29-06-2012, 10:53   #26
cloud493

29-06-2012, 12:45   #27
Angron
Blood for the Blood God

Espeon strikes again!
30-06-2012, 13:58   #28
cloud493

Did indeed, just not against me 4 games, didn't draw espeon once.
30-06-2012, 15:20   #29
Angron
Blood for the Blood God

Finally bought a deck, got the Zoroark one so whenever I next get down I can actually take part Granted I'll probably be a bit hopeless until I get used to it all again.
02-07-2012, 18:30   #30
cloud493

People should totally come to this tomorrow I mean more people.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion