Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

21-06-2012, 14:18   #31
MonaDD

Just bought them from a hair extension place in Grafton Buildings on South Anne Street- 21.99.

Do NOT buy them from http://www.velcrosleeprollers.com/

I ordered them from that site originally and was told they deliver within 3-5 working days. 6 weeks later I was still waiting, and all my contact with customer service (emails) had been ignored. Eventually complained on Twitter and they rang me. They were sooooo ignorant and patronising on the phone and not willing to admit the fault was with them. He was very rude about his Irish customers, so I had to just get a refund.

Delighted I found them somewhere else!
Advertisement
30-06-2012, 23:56   #32
tinat1

Extra large sleep rollers

Hi .. just got the new ones delivered to me today -- had the ones in pink bag they were good -- but a little too small - so came across this crowd in Dublin - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Velcro-Sponge-Sleep-Rollers-Dublin/330947846961918
-- think this is there website http://www.mysleeprollers.com

They deliver extra large rollers 20 rollers for 25 euros - which i was happy with considering buying them online before got me stung!..and anywhere that said they had them seemed to be always out of stock!.... anyone else tried these ones -- will let you know how it turns out tomorrow - hair very damaged from ghd - so need new alternatives cheers
30-06-2012, 23:58   #33
tinat1

[QUOTE=MonaDD;79326474]Just bought them from a hair extension place in Grafton Buildings on South Anne Street- 21.99.

Do NOT buy them from http://www.velcrosleeprollers.com/

I ordered them from that site originally and was told they deliver within 3-5 working days. 6 weeks later I was still waiting, and all my contact with customer service (emails) had been ignored. Eventually complained on Twitter and they rang me. They were sooooo ignorant and patronising on the phone and not willing to admit the fault was with them. He was very rude about his Irish customers, so I had to just get a refund.

Delighted I found them somewhere else! [/couldn't agree with you more I had same experience -- they were disgraceful and I only got a response when i took to twitter - shouldn't have to come to that!]
Thanks from:
01-07-2012, 10:45   #34
Tabitharose

millies.ie are stocking them now
01-07-2012, 12:53   #35
abrr1000

I saw them selling in a chemist on baggot street. Tempted.
Advertisement
01-07-2012, 13:08   #36
tinat1

well ladies -- just took them out -- hair is fab -- think the trick is damp hair and mousse will try post a pic - I have Kim Kardashin hair wooo hoo - think the bigger ones I got yesterday are definately better for volume -- good luck. this crowd i got them off deliver
01-07-2012, 13:50   #37
PlayGirl

Can you get these on or very near Henry St anywhere?

Also my hair dries naturally quite thick, curly and a bit frizzy, would I need to blow dry straight before putting them in? Thanks
01-07-2012, 14:01   #38
MonaDD

Yup, that's how I eventually got a response too! Disgraceful service! Glad you found better ones elsewhere!
01-07-2012, 14:46   #39
fiona-f

Never heard of these before but they sound fab. Quick question though, how does the top/roots of your hair look when you've used them? While I'd.love Kate Middleton curls, I fear I might end up with Princess Anne roots.as well!
Advertisement
01-07-2012, 16:47   #40
tinat1

[QUOTE=fiona-f;79499224]Never heard of these before but they sound fab. Quick question though, how does the top/roots of your hair look when you've used them? While I'd.love Kate Middleton curls, I fear I might end up with Princess Anne roots.as well!looks great - i just followed the viddo on the girls facebook page that i bought them off and it just gives a great lift to my otherwise dead hair!!]
01-07-2012, 16:51   #41
tinat1

[QUOTE=PlayGirl;79498572]Can you get these on or very near Henry St anywhere?

Also my hair dries naturally quite thick, curly and a bit frizzy, would I need to blow dry straight before putting them in? Thanks[ I washed and dryed my hair as its frizzy -- i then filled a spay can with some water and dampened hair and put some mousse or my friend put hair spray in - I live in town and i think this crowd are based in \phibsboro but they delivered to me for 25 - good luck - lets know how you go i will try get my pics up later http://www.facebook.com/pages/Velcro...30947846961918http://www.facebook.com/pages/Velcro...30947846961918]
01-07-2012, 21:32   #42
tiredcity

If people are having problems sourcing them I got some Boots own brand sleep rollers a few weeks back because they were cheaper and they're brilliant! Work best with slightly damp hair and a little mousse. Also seen another version in Terrisales.
Thanks from:
05-07-2012, 22:47   #43
PlayGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinat1 View Post
I washed and dryed my hair as its frizzy -- i then filled a spay can with some water and dampened hair and put some mousse or my friend put hair spray in - I live in town and i think this crowd are based in \phibsboro but they delivered to me for 25 - good luck - lets know how you go i will try get my pics up later http://www.facebook.com/pages/Velcro...30947846961918
Thanks

just wondering how exactly you order from these guys? just facebook mail them? cant seem to see a website link, or any pricing details, on their page (i think fb may have recently changed how people can view shop pages tho)..

If anyone knows somewhere else to buy them in city centre it would be great, my GHD's broke so need something new
06-07-2012, 16:52   #44
Tabitharose

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayGirl View Post
If anyone knows somewhere else to buy them in city centre it would be great, my GHD's broke so need something new
millies.ie & beautyemporium.ie both have them, I ordered mine from beautyemporium.ie €22.49 delivered 2 days after I'd ordered - happy out (going to try them over the weekend)
07-07-2012, 09:47   #45
CherrySue

I bought them for €20.49 from Cloud10Beauty.ie and used them for the first time last night. My hair took 12 (Just below shoulders, average thickness) and they seem to have worked BUT when they say call them 'Sleep' rollers? They're anything but, absolute torture - I spent the night tossing and turning trying to get comfortable and when I did doze it was to dream about taking them out.

Can't see myself using them again unfortunately, the pay off just isn't worth losing a nights sleep for.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion