Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

18-06-2012, 19:37   #31
Chinasea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ruby View Post
These same people you call "teacher" were shoving men, women and children into the ovens by the million within living memory, oh sorry lets not talk about the war, anyway they learned their lesson the hard way economically and made some good decisions. Hopefully our politicians will do likewise, although there's a strong case to be made that we were doing alright until that fool Lenihan gave the blanket guarantee.
Oh yea, the pea brain elephant memory syndrome yet again. Yawn, cringe puke.

This thread is about the giant cac ca that is in Ireland's nappy now - ABSOUTLEY NOTHING to do with the history that you harp on about now.
Advertisement
18-06-2012, 19:41   #32
Doc Ruby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinasea View Post
Oh yea, the pea brain elephant memory syndrome yet again. Yawn, cringe puke.

This thread is about the giant cac ca that is in Ireland's nappy now - ABSOUTLEY NOTHING to do with the history that you harp on about now.
What, the history about the nazis, attempted genocide, concentration camps, gas chambers, hitler, those events that people still alive can remember and everyone everywhere will remember forever, long looooong after this minor financial spat is over, you mean? Quite the teacher.
Thanks from:
18-06-2012, 19:41   #33
Mickey H

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwavner View Post
I would get great pleasure in smacking Merkel with a sweaty sock right across that crazy face of hers.
Make sure the sock is full of pennies...
Thanks from:
18-06-2012, 19:50   #34
Ghandee
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey H View Post
Make sure the sock is full of pennies...
Misread that as penises lol.
18-06-2012, 19:54   #35
Shenshen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliden View Post
Maybe it's time they get sent the bill for WW2 seeing as they have all this extra money.
They have already paid that :

$23 bn to the allies
$450 mil to Israel (in addition to individual claims)
$3 bn to the World Jewish Congress for survivors in other countries

It also finished paying off reparations for WW I in 2010
(6) thanks from:
Advertisement
18-06-2012, 19:57   #36
Mickey H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghandee View Post
18-06-2012, 20:01   #37
Nodin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghandee View Post

Now thats just silly. Nobody is giving away bags of mickeys in a recession.
18-06-2012, 20:11   #38
peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by enfant terrible View Post
I wish she would just shut up and keep giving us money.
You and the rest of Europe

Merkel is absolutely useless in the current cisis, she either waffles on for hours without saying anything of substance or when she finally says something you can bet it's at the wrong time or in the wrong tone.

.....................................................................................................

FWIW, life for the average German is by no means as rosy as people here imagine it to be.
If you have a job, you're lucky to go home with half of your paycheck after taxes ...the average take-home pay in Germany is 17560 Euro p.a
http://www.focus.de/finanzen/steuern...id_736137.html

Pay rent and bills out of that and you're left with sweet f.a.

Worse if you loose your job and you're either forced to work in one of those new-fangled 400 Euro jobs (to keep you out of the statistics) or you end up on what they call "Hartz IV", the meanest, stingiest, most demeaning and intrusive form of "social welfare" there is ...scraping by at the absolute minimum and they'll have you begging for that.
18-06-2012, 20:35   #39
hooradiation
Closed Account

Quote:
I know she's a large lady but I wasn't referring to her by the plural, rather to the Germans, as the context of the discussion clearly shows.
So the upshot of all this is that your post was the puerile bollox it originally appeared to be and your unrepentant about that.

Fantastic, glad we took the time for you to demonstrate that.
Advertisement
18-06-2012, 20:37   #40
OldmanMondeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwavner View Post
I would get great pleasure in smacking Merkel with a sweaty sock right across that crazy face of hers.

Stoopid Frauline.
So what your saying is you would give her one....Durty boy....
Thanks from:
18-06-2012, 20:43   #41
BIG BAD JOHN

I don't have a problem with the bigger EU states providing leadership in difficult circumstances.
My problem is that, in my opinion, Merkel is not showing leadership and has a huge aptitude for saying absolutely the wrong thing. To be politically incorrect, she's the kind of person who, on meeting a cripple, will talk about feet.
Thanks from:
18-06-2012, 20:43   #42
Pottler
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliden View Post
Maybe it's time they get sent the bill for WW2 seeing as they have all this extra money.
They've been paying billions in reparations ever since it ended. Boring listening to all the song singers on here farting about how Germany is having a go at poor Ireland. Bit like listening to someone whinging about having to repay "dem bastreds" in the credit union after they've pi55ed the loan they got up a Spanish beachfront wall. We made a fcuk of the economy, we're still making a fcuk of it and until we stop making a fcuk of it, chances are we might be in for a few lectures from people who bailed us out and are still bailing us out.
(5) thanks from:
18-06-2012, 22:02   #43
Cool_CM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooradiation View Post
Wait, Angela Merkel participated in the genocide of about six million people in 1940's Germany?

Astounding!
I know she's a large lady but I wasn't referring to her by the plural, rather to the Germans, as the context of the discussion clearly shows. Your attempt to sashay off into a "these are not the same people" side alley and mug the discussion with mind yawningly hackneyed perspectives has instead resulted in a swift lesson on how to engage politely with other people on the internet, in particular since the German anti-inflationary measures responsible for much of their current well being are rooted in the Weimar republic which in fact predates the horrors of the holocaust.
Yes, the Weimar Republic did predate the Holocaust. Your knowledge of German history and economics is clearly far superior to that of everybody else.

I thought that the basis for their current well being, without getting historical, is the fact that they generally save more money than us?

I spend most of my day trying to convince Germans that they should take nicer hotel rooms over basic ones and they will almost never pay over the odds unless it is for breakfast. They are generally a lot better with money than we are.

Also, didn't most of our credit come from German savings that weren't being spent?

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm in no way an expert on the matter though you clearly seem to be and I am eager to learn.
18-06-2012, 22:13   #44
Zebra3

Quote:
Originally Posted by who what when View Post
I've said it before and i'l say it again. There's something in those German jenes that make them hell bent on world domination. They found out the hard way that they couldnt do it through war so now they're trying economics instead!
The German are hardly unique in trying to take over the world.

The Brits raped their way around the globe and the French and the Spanish had a pop at it too.

The Americans have taken the mantle since WWII.
Thanks from:
18-06-2012, 22:16   #45
BIG BAD JOHN

Whilst I am greatly disappointed with Angela Merkel, I have no argument with the German people as such and don't think references to WW2 have too much relevance.
It's about her lack of leadership and her shooting off at the mouth (like her comments on Greece today) before getting her brain in gear.
She may be the political head of the most successful EU nation (and they largely deserve to be that) but the whole point of the EU project is based on mutual respect and she was quite disdainful (IMHO) towards the Greek people today after their putting their heads on the block in yeterday's election.
And this was not an aberration. She cannot seem (metaphorically speaking) to be able to pass someone lying on the ground without giving them another kick.
If she cannot say something positive, she might be better saying nowt.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion