French Open 2012 - Page 15 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-06-2012, 15:02   #211
RosyLily

Hate that the match ended on a double fault from Djokovic! Would have preferred a rally or even a brilliant return of serve! Djokovic will dream of that DF tonight.

Delighted for Nadal though; he has been immense all tournament. I won't rule out him winning 8 French Open titles.

Excited for Wimbledon!!
Advertisement
11-06-2012, 15:11   #212
walshb

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcityblues View Post
I want a break from Nadal/Djokovic GS finals, until at least the Aussie next year. 4 in a row is enough, IMO.
I think they match up great and make for great tennis. Keep it coming!
11-06-2012, 15:43   #213
jupiterjack

Heres hoping that these two meet in wimbledon final in few weeks time for another cracker, felt Nadal needed to win this one to stop Djokovic having the indian sign over him in major finals now its all to play for..
11-06-2012, 16:01   #214
walshb

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosyLily View Post

Delighted for Nadal though; he has been immense all tournament. I won't rule out him winning 8 French Open titles.
8? I would say 10! He is only 26, and is still very very strong!
11-06-2012, 17:18   #215
jcf
Banned

Black Black day for tennis

Excited about Wimbledon ??? why ???

I'll save you some time:Nadal will win it, Guaranteed - DONE DEAL

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Advertisement
11-06-2012, 17:59   #216
KINGVictor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiterjack View Post
Heres hoping that these two meet in wimbledon final in few weeks time for another cracker, felt Nadal needed to win this one to stop Djokovic having the indian sign over him in major finals now its all to play for..

It might turn out that way, but are we getting over excited and excluding someone here? I certainly don't think Federer's career has ended just because he lost at the Semi-Finals at RG.

I still think he can get to the final at Wimbledon and even win it still, it is where he is most comfortable out of all the Grand slam courts. It is true that Nadal and Novak seem to be widening the gap between them and Fed, but if he is having a good day, he can still beat both players at crucial stages. The odds favour a Nadal-Novak final but I wont discount Federer's chances just yet, and lets remember that Berdych, Del Potro, Tsonga are not coming to Wimbledon as onlookers.

It will surely be an interesting tournament.
11-06-2012, 21:37   #217
KINGVictor

Just saw this doubles match on youtube; featuring Nadal/Novak vs Pospisil/Raonic. Quite interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YSMx...eature=related

I also watched the Finals of the US open 2010. I really couldnt see any difference in Novak's game- he still plays the same till now. I think it is his self belief and tenacity that has made the difference tbh. He was just as petulant as he is till date but unlike Murray that he shares that same quality with, he doesnt let it affect his game as much as it used to.
11-06-2012, 21:53   #218
walshb

I would say the big differences in Novak's game from 2009 and 2010 compared to 2011 and 2012 is his court coverage and speed around the court, plus his power and shot strength. He hits harder and heavier. That is why he can hold his own and boss the rallies vs. Nadal.
11-06-2012, 23:37   #219
Rob2D

Y'know I heard an interesting fact the other day. Apparently Federer only needs 3 or 4 more wins at RG'13 (which he'll probably do) to hold the record for most ever match wins at the tournament. I wasn't able to find who's record he would break though. But then again I didn't look too hard.

That'd be a nice little consolation prize for him if you like. Although Rafa will probably overtake that someday too.
Advertisement
13-06-2012, 22:22   #220
RosyLily

Greg Rusedski believes that Nadal would have been destroyed mentally if he lost FO final

Agree? Disagree?

I'd be incline to agree with GR. Roland Garros is Nadal's territory, his own and nobody else's. He's only been beaten once in 8 years - an incredible stat!!

If Djokovic had won the title, I think we might have seen a completely different Rafa Nadal afterwards.

Don Budge, Rod Laver, Novak Djokovic Nah, not this time kid!
14-06-2012, 12:02   #221
walshb

The loss would have been four straight slam final losses to Novak. Very tough statistic to shake for Nadal. And, Novak kinda blew it in the 4th set, and the rain delay helped Rafa more. Novak as in a groove, fired and on a roll at the time. That was halted and a new day began on the Monday.
14-06-2012, 21:30   #222
Rob2D

I thought this thread was locked Rosy?
16-06-2012, 21:20   #223
RosyLily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob2D View Post
I thought this thread was locked Rosy?
Popularity brought it back.

People Power.
16-06-2012, 22:43   #224
KINGVictor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosyLily View Post
Popularity brought it back.

People Power.
Lol I thought u got fed up with the bickering. I was surprised that the Wimby and USO threads of last year are still open while the FO thread that ended just last monday was closed.

P.S I think it might be time to open the Wimbledon thread for 2012, its just 9 days from now.
17-06-2012, 14:55   #225
RosyLily

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGVictor View Post
Lol I thought u got fed up with the bickering.
Pretty quiet on the bickering front this French Open. I didn't get to go bold

Quote:
I was surprised that the Wimby and USO threads of last year are still open while the FO thread that ended just last monday was closed.
There was no racquet sports mod at that time so they stayed open.

Quote:
P.S I think it might be time to open the Wimbledon thread for 2012, its just 9 days from now.
8 days now!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion