Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 deepmemory

Sounds a bit like The People Under the Stairs, though i haven't seen it in years so can't confirm the exact details you mention

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105121/
    I just checked the trailer on youtube, you are absolutely correct! Thank you very much. This thread rocks icon14.gif

• I saw "Snow White and the Huntsman" in the cinema the other day. There is one scene with Snow White and a large magical white deer, with un-normally large antlers, which is like the spirit of nature. This scene really reminds me of another film I've seen, but I don't know what. Possibly an animated film / not sure. Definitely seen a scene similar before.
    snow-white20.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

I saw "Snow White and the Huntsman" in the cinema the other day. There is one scene with Snow White and a large magical white deer, with un-normally large antlers, which is like the spirit of nature. This scene really reminds me of another film I've seen, but I don't know what. Possibly an animated film / not sure. Definitely seen a scene similar before.
    snow-white20.jpg

Kind of an obvious answer but are you thinking of Bambi? There's a strong visual fight scene in the movie with antlers butting etc that would stick with the viewer subconsciously. Then you've also got the silhouetted scenes of the father up on the cliff with his giant antlers too.

• No harm in being obvious. The more obvious the better. :)
    It's not Bambi I'm thinking of. All i can remember is that the deer was some sort of god/king? of nature. A magical & mythical creature.

No harm in being obvious. The more obvious the better. :)
    It's not Bambi I'm thinking of. All i can remember is that the deer was some sort of god/king? of nature. A magical & mythical creature.

Ok, I'll have another go. Herne the Hunter from a TV show called "Robin of Sherwood". He was kind of a pangan god of the forest in the show. Wore a big helmet with giant antlers. Other than that you've got that patronus thing in the Harry Potter movies.

After that I'm all out! :)

• Advertisement

• Thanks for all the help. I went through all my dvd's and found it. I was a little off. It was the forest sprit from the film "Princess Mononoke"
    forest_spirit%5B2%5D.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Hey folks, just wondering can anyone help me find the name of a film. It's about some oldish man who's son is killed/murdered, the father eventually tracks down and murder's his son's killer (I think). Pretty sure it was set in some American countryside type location. I thought the father was played by Tom Wilkinson but looking through his filmography on IMDB I'm not so sure. Any help is much appreciated.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Hey folks, just wondering can anyone help me find the name of a film. It's about some oldish man who's son is killed/murdered, the father eventually tracks down and murder's his son's killer (I think). Pretty sure it was set in some American countryside type location. I thought the father was played by Tom Wilkinson but looking through his filmography on IMDB I'm not so sure. Any help is much appreciated.

This maybe?
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0804461/

kitakyushu wrote: »

Cheers for looking but no that's not it (I defo remember Death Sentence as I thought it was terrible). The father was in his 50's or more, son was in his 20's or so. I think it was a rental from around 2005 but no idea when the film was actually made. Also looked at Jim Broadbent's films in case I was getting actors mixed up, nothing there rings a bell either. The film centered on the father dealing with the death and his marriage struggling I think (lot's of "I think"s sorry). It wasn't that Tommy Lee Jones one either, In the Valley of Elah.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭brian_t

Andrew76 wrote: »

"In the Bedroom" stars Tom Wilkinson

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_the_Bedroom

• Advertisement

brian_t wrote: »
    "In the Bedroom" stars Tom Wilkinson

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_the_Bedroom

Bingo! Thanks a lot. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭malene

Just wondering if u know what film I'm on about. It's French language (but could be Canadian as well).

Saw it years ago on C4 maybe. Husband has affair with young brunette, then near end, kills her, hides her behind wall of room that is being redecorated. The wall is plastered up. Then I think he feels guilt, goes back to get the body, makes hole in wall , body not there. Can't remember the restIt came out in the 80's I'd say and in colour. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭The Scawgeen

I'm looking for the name of a film from either the late 60's or early 70's. It was British made afaik and the entire cast were budgies. The voiceovers for the budgies had British accents. It was very entertaining as some of the budgies had hats and aprons and spectacles and some drove little cars. Any help in identifying the film would be greatly appreciated. T/A

Scawgeen

Hi all, I thought the name of the film was Bill and Coo, but on further investigation it's not the name of the film I'm looking for. Basically B and W film, British made and cast of birds (budgies)

T/A The Scawgeen

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

Hey i'm trying to find a german tv movie. I remember it was tg4 for a little while. It's a period drama set around the time of frederick the great of prussia, it's like a german version of the show 'sharpe' staring sean bean. I think it started with b but not 100% sure. I rememeber the main character was blonde too if that's any help.

• Hey i'm trying to find a german tv movie. I remember it was tg4 for a little while. It's a period drama set around the time of frederick the great of prussia, it's like a german version of the show 'sharpe' staring sean bean. I think it started with b but not 100% sure. I rememeber the main character was blonde too if that's any help.
    How about "1809 Andreas Hofer - Die Freiheit des Adlers"

or more likely "Bergblut"

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

How about "1809 Andreas Hofer - Die Freiheit des Adlers"

or more likely "Bergblut"

Cheers for the response but it is not either of these. The main character who i think the show is named after is an officer in the army and i think he gets involved with frederick the great's sister at one stage. It's been wrecking my head trying to remember it and find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭KenSwee

I once saw a movie with Keir Dullea in it I think,
    He was an alien on an Greek island?

Maybe im wrong but any help?

KenSwee wrote: »
    I once saw a movie with Keir Dullea in it I think,
    He was an alien on an Greek island?

Maybe im wrong but any help?

The Next One

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭KenSwee

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

Edit: found it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭redz11

I remember a movie I saw on video at a friends house, it was most likely sometime between 1990 and 1995 ... I think! :o

The main scene that I remember is a teenage boy, in his bedroom. And some sort of vortex opened up in the middle of his bed, and it sucked in everything in his bedroom, and him, too.

I'd know the scene straight away if I saw it again ... gave me nightmares for years! :o

I've a feeling it's a pretty mainstream movie, so hopefully someone here will know it!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 gzmdmc

deepmemory wrote: »
    I need help to identify a movie that I saw when I was child/teenage on a TV. The story is about a black male child that come to a house where it turned out to be a prison/lair for kidnapped children. The antagonist (child kidnapper) was the householder (either only a male or a couples of husband-wife (?)). Then either the black kid found out their secret so the antagonist trapped the black kid into their house and tried to kill him, OR the black kid discovered their house so the antagonist decided to kidnap/kill him (?). Either way, the black kid eventually got trapped into their house, so he tried to run away from the antagonist and find a way to get out of the house. Inside the house, the black kid was helped by a white female child (who had been kidnapped by the houseowner (?)). The female child was very agile - moving and crawling from behind house wall - helping the black kid. Probably the female child was kidnapped since baby, thus she grown up in the house and never leave the house so she was very adapted into the house environment. In the end, the bad guy was defeated and their crime was exposed.

I remember vaguely, the title or dialogue has words "born under star" or something like that. The words refer to the black kid whom his mother said he is a lucky child because he was born under ... star..., like that.

The movie is a colored film. The spoken language is english. The background of movie is in a modern city, not sure what country it is, but it's probably U.S. or it can be U.K. too. The 80% of movie scenes are happened inside the house. Unfortunately, I forget what year I watched the movie. The release year must be before 2008.

Would it be Wes Craven's 'People Under The Stairs'??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,663 ✭✭✭Worztron

French film. Possibly from the 1980s/early-1990s. At the end a guy rescues someone (woman?) in a car junk yard.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 32 gzmdmc

Worztron wrote: »
    French film. Possibly from the 1980s/early-1990s. At the end a guy rescues someone (woman?) in a car junk yard.

Maybe this?? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sympathy_for_the_Devil_(film)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,663 ✭✭✭Worztron

gzmdmc wrote: »

No, it was much later than that. Thanks though. ;)

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

redz11 wrote: »
    I remember a movie I saw on video at a friends house, it was most likely sometime between 1990 and 1995 ... I think! :o

The main scene that I remember is a teenage boy, in his bedroom. And some sort of vortex opened up in the middle of his bed, and it sucked in everything in his bedroom, and him, too.

I'd know the scene straight away if I saw it again ... gave me nightmares for years! :o

I've a feeling it's a pretty mainstream movie, so hopefully someone here will know it!
    The Gate?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 HellfireEire

Could it be Nightmare On Elm Street? There is a scene where the main male character is pulled down into his bed with his tv etc, killed and the room fills with gore.

Here is the link *Warning* violent scene
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz9DWbfmSbI

• Registered Users Posts: 47 ianhmoore

Does sound like the scene from Poltergeist. Where one of the kids is swallowed by the tree and while the parents are distracted trying to save him their daughter is left alone in the bedroom. Closet door opens up and everything (including her) is sucked into the closet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qweaPhmWqo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I think that might be Time Bandits when the kid gets sent off in time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Riskymove wrote: »
    I think that might be Time Bandits when the kid gets sent off in time

That's what I thought of too. But I was sure the op would have remembered the little guys coming out of the closet.

Advertisement