Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

01-06-2012, 17:14   #3886
Duff

Send a message via MSN to Duff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
Close cydia from the switcher and start it up again, that usually sorts the requested modifications problem for me.
Once you done that, from cydias homescreen go to featured > Tools to start with. Is SBSettings on the list there for you?
What do you mean switcher? Also SBSsettings is there but it says it cannot locate the package and that I should install more sources?

EDIT: Got it sorted. Had to run rocky racoon. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by Duff; 01-06-2012 at 17:19.
Advertisement
03-06-2012, 13:10   #3887
biko
Percolator

Just broke my ip4 with absinthe, easiest brake yet.
03-06-2012, 14:36   #3888
beardo81

Hi, planning to jailbreak my IP4 on 5.1.1. Is there an unlock available for this yet does anyone know?
03-06-2012, 15:09   #3889
guil

Quote:
Originally Posted by biko View Post
Just broke my ip4 with absinthe, easiest brake yet.
Surely nothing has being easier than spirit on 3.1.3 I think
03-06-2012, 22:42   #3890
G-Money
Closed Account

I have a factory unlocked iPhone 3GS running the latest version of iOS. Is it possible for me to jailbreak it? I just looked at the thread and it's huge and will take ages to go through!
Advertisement
03-06-2012, 22:49   #3891
Simply Red
║█║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█║

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Money View Post
I have a factory unlocked iPhone 3GS running the latest version of iOS. Is it possible for me to jailbreak it? I just looked at the thread and it's huge and will take ages to go through!
You can yep, just download absinthe from here, very easy jailbreak to do
04-06-2012, 10:14   #3892
G-Money
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
You can yep, just download absinthe from here, very easy jailbreak to do
Thanks, that seems to have done the trick.
04-06-2012, 16:19   #3893
podge.243

Send a message via Yahoo to podge.243
Hi sorry for jumping in like this i was just wondering could an iphone 3 be unlocked from a bill to a pre-pay as my sister got an upgrand and i was thinking i could use her old phone any help will do thanks Paul.
04-06-2012, 16:50   #3894
podge.243

Send a message via Yahoo to podge.243
Thanks Basq em i'd say there's no difference to the phone as the day she bought it so it wouldnt have been jailbroken im no good with technology and the network was vodafone is there a shop that sets them up for pre-pay?
Advertisement
05-06-2012, 14:56   #3895
frank gallagher

Anyone having problems since the last jailbreak

Any time I add a theme or mod from Cydia it causes some apps not to load

Anyone else experiencing this
05-06-2012, 14:58   #3896
frank gallagher

Quote:
Originally Posted by guil View Post
I'll meet your spirit and raise you jailbreakeme.com
(2) thanks from:
05-06-2012, 15:22   #3897
guil

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank gallagher View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by guil View Post
I'll meet your spirit and raise you jailbreakeme.com
Lol that's the one I was thinking of
06-06-2012, 01:46   #3898
Stinicker

Help? Upgrade to iOS 5.1.1? Old Jailbreak Problem

Hi Guys,

My iPhone 4 is currently on iOS 5.1 and it has the old tethered jailbreak which I did with redsnow.

I tried to upgrade the phone to iOS 5.1.1 but it seems I cannot because I am jailbroken. I want to go untethered as it would save the hassle when the phone battery dies.

I read here a way to do it? However I am not sure if it is the right way to do it. I would in effect be downloading non-kosher iOS 5.1.1 into it, meaning I could never then truely revert the Jailbreak as the phone would be stuck with non-apple iOS 5.1.1 on it invalidating the warranty?

Rockyracoon doesn't work as I am on 5.1, so does it look like I will have to backup and restore, un-jailbreaking the phone before I can upgrade it to iOS 5.1.1 and subsequently re-jailbreaking using Absinthe to finally give me the untethered Jailbreak I desire?
06-06-2012, 11:15   #3899
Simply Red
║█║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█║

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinicker View Post
Hi Guys,

My iPhone 4 is currently on iOS 5.1 and it has the old tethered jailbreak which I did with redsnow.

I tried to upgrade the phone to iOS 5.1.1 but it seems I cannot because I am jailbroken. I want to go untethered as it would save the hassle when the phone battery dies.

I read here a way to do it? However I am not sure if it is the right way to do it. I would in effect be downloading non-kosher iOS 5.1.1 into it, meaning I could never then truely revert the Jailbreak as the phone would be stuck with non-apple iOS 5.1.1 on it invalidating the warranty?

Rockyracoon doesn't work as I am on 5.1, so does it look like I will have to backup and restore, un-jailbreaking the phone before I can upgrade it to iOS 5.1.1 and subsequently re-jailbreaking using Absinthe to finally give me the untethered Jailbreak I desire?
What happens when you try to upgrade to 5.1.1? Being jailbroken shouldnt have any effect on that
06-06-2012, 13:53   #3900
_Whimsical_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinicker View Post
Hi Guys,

Yes but that's not as difficult as you seem to think. Just backup and update in itunes and once you've updated rejailbreak.That what all of us have done. The Absinthe JB only takes minutes as opposed to the last ed snow one.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion