Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

25-05-2012, 11:40   #1
Grendels

Library with a separate sci-fi / fantasy section

Does anyone know of a library in Dublin that has a separate sci-fi/fantasy section? I've gone to a few, but they didn't have the fiction books organised into genres.
Advertisement
25-05-2012, 12:48   #2
hooplah

As far as know Coolock library does. Not sure how handy that is for you
28-05-2012, 00:16   #3
AhInFairness

Did you try the Central Library in the Ilac Centre? I'm almost sure they have them separated out.
28-05-2012, 10:08   #4
hooplah

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhInFairness View Post
Did you try the Central Library in the Ilac Centre? I'm almost sure they have them separated out.
No, I'm afraid they don't. They do have a science fiction bookclub though which the op might be interested in. Even if you don't want to head along the list of titles they have read might give you some ideas on what to read next.
Thanks from:
28-05-2012, 16:56   #5
dots03

I was in Blanchardstown library at lunch time today and perused a pretty decent (and separate) Sci-Fi\Fantasy section...also included lots of graphic novels.

If it's near you it's well worth a look.
Advertisement
30-05-2012, 21:04   #6
Grendels

Thanks, everyone. City center or south Dublin would be handiest for me. As it seems libraries with separate sci-fi sections are in short supply, though, I might have to venture further afield.
30-05-2012, 21:59   #7
Lector

Whitechurch in Rathfarnham has its sci-fi/fantasy books in a separate section. It's not *very* big, though.
31-05-2012, 00:11   #8
hooplah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendels View Post
As it seems libraries with separate sci-fi sections are in short supply, though, I might have to venture further afield.
You could just browse as well.

I know any of the public libraries will have a decent ratio of sci-fi in with the rest of the fiction because they're a popular read.

Book covers aren't as cliched as they used to be but publishers use design to sell to genre fans. You'll find it easy enough to identify the different types of sci-fi by cover and title.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion