Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

30-05-2012, 11:46   #451
JustinDee
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftleg View Post
His wallet buddy;
he gets paid by the you know who fu so he's hardly going to slate anything to do with this and considering his position neither would I;
wallet wins any day hands down;
I'm a competitive soul. Always have been. My own experience in both codes of rugby shapes my view (seen as optimism here). Nothing else. I just don't share everything here on the internet.
Remember, as I said before, every opinion I post here is mine. No-one else's.
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
30-05-2012, 11:57   #452
Foxtrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinDee View Post
I'm a competitive soul. Always have been. My own experience in both codes of rugby shapes my view (seen as optimism here). Nothing else. I just don't share everything here on the internet.
It’s an opinion that has clearly been coloured by the groupthink that is obviously rife within the IRFU organisation. At times you can actually be an example for the posters who claim “the blazers” are out of touch with the general Irish supporter, who buy the tickets to pay their salary.
30-05-2012, 12:02   #453
JustinDee
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxtrol View Post
It’s an opinion that has clearly been coloured by the groupthink that is obviously rife within the IRFU organisation
Utterly unqualified and way off the mark. Actually pretty silly to say given the massive and diverse array of folk you're lumping into one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxtrol View Post
At times you can actually be an example for the posters who claim “the blazers” are out of touch with the general Irish supporter, who buy the tickets to pay their salary.
Subjective and obviously posted by someone who doesn't know me.

Argue over this if you want. I'm not going to waste a second more on this bilge.
That's the polite sound off anyway.
30-05-2012, 12:05   #454
totallegend
Closed Account

Quote:
That's a fair point. But what I think you don't understand about the mentality of most of us on here is that we're all competitive souls; we want our national team to be competitive, to challenge for titles on a regular basis and we believe we have the players to do it. What riles us up is seeing that opportunity to compete being squandered by what we regard as poor coaching, tactics and team selection.
Thanks from:
30-05-2012, 12:07   #455
leftleg

Quote:
Again Justin I wasn't having a go at you, in fact i was defending where I felt your opinion, which is absolutely your own opinion, might be coming from. Just putting that out there btw.
Advertisement
30-05-2012, 12:15   #456
Foxtrol

Quote:
Utterly unqualified and way off the mark. Actually pretty silly to say given the massive and diverse array of folk you're lumping into one.

Subjective and obviously posted by someone who doesn't know me.

Argue over this if you want. I'm not going to waste a second more on this bilge.
That's the polite sound off anyway.
Bilge? If it is fair to question a fan of a province for their bias I can’t see any issue in questioning the bias of someone who consistently defends the company he works for and his colleagues, despite them many times being in the wrong. In your posts I have seen in the last 24 hours you have defended the Barbarians match being played in Gloucester, the lack of TV coverage, the size of the Irish squad, the fact that Gilroy didn’t make the squad, Marshall getting only 3 minutes and that’s without even looking at your post history. From that small sample I don’t think it is unfair to question whether you are affected by groupthink.
30-05-2012, 12:20   #457
Teferi

Quote:
My own experience in both codes of rugby shapes my view (seen as optimism here).
I apologise for accusing you of optimism Justin, I won't do it again.

Your views shaped by both codes is wrong and has been for 3+ seasons now. The wait and see approach has failed. Kidney has failed. His selection policies have failed.
30-05-2012, 12:21   #458
Tox56

I dont mind having someone here who provides an alternative view, it wouldn't really be interesting if everyone agreed on everything, and having someone to balance things up stops things going a bit over the top on certain issues.
30-05-2012, 12:24   #459
Scioch
Closed Account

You should get drunk before ya post Justin, your way too measured and conservative in your points for some random fan on the internet.

We need passion man !! unbridled rage !! "God damn it I made the IRFU !!" type stuff.
Advertisement
30-05-2012, 12:58   #460
.ak

Anyone hear about rumors that Dr. Phil and ROG got in a punch up?
Thanks from:
30-05-2012, 13:14   #461
CatFromHue

While it would have been nice to get the win I'm not too disappointed as that was a strong BaaBaa team. This was more of an A game for Ireland than anything so results wouldn't always be the main thing here.

Of course not having seen it it can be hard to gauge but we now have Cave, Zebo, Gilroy, Tuohy, POM, Henry, Sherry, Wilkinson, and Fitzpatrick all getting game time in an Irish jersey and showing what they can do. As well as ROG and Murray getting in some extra match fitness.

I would have liked Marshall to have gotten alot longer than 3 mins as it does like he is very much the third choice scrum half and won't be playing again until October unless injuries force it.
30-05-2012, 13:16   #462
irishbucsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by .ak View Post
I think everyone would love to see that. Great rivalry.
30-05-2012, 13:18   #463
Banbridgeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by .ak View Post
Aye I heard rog got the stuffing knocked out of him after a few awry comments to contepomi after the game.
30-05-2012, 13:21   #464
.ak

Friend of mine does some work for the IRFU and he mentioned it to me in passing, apparently Filipe got some serious slaps on ROG. Surprised it wasn't picked up on.

Was it after the match in the tunnel or something?
30-05-2012, 13:34   #465
bilston

We have video evidence that the game actually happened, albeit it's a shaky camera effort from a supporter and it's Mike Tindall scoring a try as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG5qrAyjLV4

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion