Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-05-2012, 00:17   #31
Posy
Warm and cosy

Actually, House isn't dead- David Shore has confirmed that in a couple of interviews. He also mentions Foreman finding House's ID card and says that he believes Foreman is laughing disbelievingly because he figures out what House has done. It would make sense, since Wilson has obviously disappeared too.

I love the parallel with Sherlock Holmes to finish up with- like Holmes, House has 'risen' from the dead and come back to his friend.

I don't want to dwell on what House will do after Wilson dies- perhaps Wilson will seek the treatment that gives him longer to live. Maybe House will some back to Princeton at some point, or at least come out of hiding, act surprised that everyone thought he was dead, do his jail time and move on with his life. I was pretty devestated that they decided to kill Wilson, but at the moment House and Wilson are off having fun somewhere and that's what I'm focusing on.

The show definitely declined in the last couple of seasons- I lost interest for a while after 'Help Me'... but it's been a wonderful series with an amazing lead actor and I will miss it terribly now it is over.
Advertisement
28-05-2012, 10:14   #32
jordainius
Closed Account

It has been suggested by a poster that the ending is just the delusion of a terminal cancer patient and that House died; nonsense! That is delusional in itself by someone who can't bring themself to accept the ending!

No question of whether or not House actually died, the writers always maintained that the show was inspired by Sherlock Holmes and the fake death ending borrows directly from Sherlock Holmes.
28-05-2012, 18:39   #33
The Black Oil

Enjoyed the retrospective doc. Fun.
29-05-2012, 00:02   #34
Posy
Warm and cosy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordainius View Post
It has been suggested by a poster that the ending is just the delusion of a terminal cancer patient and that House died; nonsense! That is delusional in itself by someone who can't bring themself to accept the ending!

No question of whether or not House actually died, the writers always maintained that the show was inspired by Sherlock Holmes and the fake death ending borrows directly from Sherlock Holmes.
Yes, as I said in the post above, he's not dead- according to David Shore.
He knew people could interpret it differently but there's no way to really prevent that. Foreman knows House is alive because he finds the ID badge.
Apparently they seriously thought about killing off House, then considered House faking his own death. It was only then that David Shore says he thought about how it parallels the Holmes story. He said in an interview that it only occurred to him after they decided on the ending but that it's a really cool parallel.
He has also said that he wouldn't rule out a House movie one day but that it may or may not ever happen- and he's not sure how they'd fit Wilson into the equation if they ever do.
Still gutted about Wilson. SOB.

The Black Oil, I also enjoyed the Swan song. Thought it was great.
30-05-2012, 19:10   #35
The Black Oil

It was a bit odd, but I liked how it was mostly just Hugh going around with a camera. No overdoing it with endless clips of talking heads patting themselves on the back.

As for the finale, it wasn't a big TV moment a la Lost or The Sopranos, but I'm not bothered about that even though they made crappy creative choices in recent years.
Advertisement
31-05-2012, 15:04   #36
KoolKid

I though it was pretty lame. I had figured he wasn't dead. There was just way too much time left in the episode.
04-06-2012, 07:14   #37
Jacksquat

Just watched Swan Song. I thought it was a decent way to wrap up the show and give credit to everyone that worked on it. Really shows the scale of production that goes into these shows. Cue sad it's over feeling again
04-05-2013, 01:24   #38
Dr Silly Bollox MD
Banned

Laurie is on Graham Norton next Friday.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size