Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Forum Closed  

24-05-2012, 11:46   #1
Branch

2 weeks trip around British COlumbia

HI,

I just wondering has anyone got advice is where to stay while doing a road trip around B.C around Vancouver? I'm looking for cheap/reasonable places to stay. I done something like this in New Zealand and campsites used to have small lodges which were cheap and you could use the sites facilities. Is there stuff like this in Canada?

All I can find are camping or motor home parks and expensive B&Bs/ Hotels. Anyone been over there that can advise?

I'd be looking at booking as you go rather than having a plan of places to stay before we go there.
Advertisement
24-05-2012, 15:46   #2
JohnMearsheimer

Nelson, Golden and Kelowna are really nice. Lake Louise, Canmore and Banff in Alberta are worth visiting too, they're not too far from the BC border. If you're camping remember not to leave any food out in the open....you don't want to attract any bears. It might be handy to have some bear spray as well just in case. If there's a few of ye, renting a RV could be worth looking into. BC is choked with them in the summer.
24-05-2012, 15:56   #3
InTheTrees

Here's a unique place. I found them when I was doing research on eco cabin construction.

They're wooden spheres suspended from the forest canopy and joined by walkways. They're on Vancouver island BC. We're down in Seattle and its on my list to visit.

I'd love to construct something like it in ireland. I'm not sure what Galway planning dept would say though...

http://www.freespiritspheres.com/
25-05-2012, 11:38   #4
Branch

Emmmm not sure about RV's (I'm used to driving something smaller) but they could be the most economical transport though! As for them spheres they do look class now. I think I better go for one night at least something different!
25-05-2012, 15:23   #5
InTheTrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branch View Post
As for them spheres they do look class now. I think I better go for one night at least something different!
Promise me you'll tell me how it goes if you do?
Advertisement
25-05-2012, 15:28   #6
InTheTrees

Here's the BC ferries schedule. Its well worth getting over to Vancouver Island. Victoria is the Provincial capital and is quite scenic.

http://www.bcferries.com/schedules/a...hedulepdf.html
Forum Closed