Cork GAA Discussion Thread - Page 82 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

22-05-2012, 00:45   #1216
D'Agger

Quote:
Originally Posted by teednab-el View Post

They actually mightn't
On a phone so can't find a bigger picture sorry!
Advertisement
24-05-2012, 19:32   #1217
IsMiseJoe

Can anyone tell me when the potential Cork/Kerry Semi-final will be played and where it is likely to be?
24-05-2012, 20:47   #1218
ShamoBuc

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsMiseJoe View Post
Can anyone tell me when the potential Cork/Kerry Semi-final will be played and where it is likely to be?
Sunday 10th June 2.00p.m. ...down the Páirc
Thanks from:
27-05-2012, 17:55   #1219
ShamoBuc

So, Kerry in 2 weeks, no surprise there. They will of course benefit from the runout, even though they were far from convincing.

Tip in the hurling, who got a right scare from Limerick and I reckon we will have a right crack off them.
27-05-2012, 19:26   #1220
teednab-el

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamoBuc View Post
So, Kerry in 2 weeks, no surprise there. They will of course benefit from the runout, even though they were far from convincing.

Tip in the hurling, who got a right scare from Limerick and I reckon we will have a right crack off them.
Tipps record in Pairc Ui Chaoimh is shocking. Think they have only won twice in 80 years in Championship hurling and 2008 been the most recent. So I fancy our chances when we meet them. They weren't that impressive today but can improve.
Advertisement
27-05-2012, 19:43   #1221
Rebel1977

Quote:
Tipps record in Pairc Ui Chaoimh is shocking. Think they have only won twice in 80 years in Championship hurling and 2008 been the most recent. So I fancy our chances when we meet them. They weren't that impressive today but can improve.
How many times in last 80 years have Tipp played in Cork ? Tipp were off form last day we met them in cork, some lucky goals from o halpin
27-05-2012, 20:39   #1222
ShamoBuc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel1977 View Post
How many times in last 80 years have Tipp played in Cork ? Tipp were off form last day we met them in cork, some lucky goals from o halpin
I don't care what Tip were that day. Cork played them off the park and if they didn't change their tactic of dropping the ball onto Ó'Halpín's head at the edge of the square, to driving it into the corner, Cork would have won by more than the 10points they did win by!

However, that result will have no meaning in the next game, but I have seen enough of both Cork and Tip this year to believe we can certainly take them!
Thanks from:
27-05-2012, 21:34   #1223
teednab-el

Quote:
Quote:
Enough times that it stands out.
27-05-2012, 21:36   #1224
teednab-el

Quote:
Quote:
You make your own luck in hurling.
Advertisement
06-06-2012, 18:24   #1225
ShamoBuc

Cork V Tipp in the U21 hurling tonight is live on TG4 from 7.15, throw in 7.30.

This has the makings of a very good game but we've had torrential rain in Cork in the last hour in particular, so I expect underfoot conditions to be fairly crap.
06-06-2012, 20:54   #1226
ShamoBuc

Ft Cork 0-17 v Tipp 0-18

Cork were 2 or 3 points ahead for most of the game and were 4 points up with 8mins left. Tipp got 3 fast scores and were apoint down with 5 to go and with injury time approaching took the lead for the first time in the game.
Not a bad game of hurling given the conditions. It didn't rain during the game - actually looked quite sunny - but the the sod was wet enough. Tipp's subs made more of an impact than Corks and that was the difference in the end.
07-06-2012, 01:06   #1227
Carthy303

Quote:
Ft Cork 0-17 v Tipp 0-18

Cork were 2 or 3 points ahead for most of the game and were 4 points up with 8mins left. Tipp got 3 fast scores and were apoint down with 5 to go and with injury time approaching took the lead for the first time in the game.
Not a bad game of hurling given the conditions. It didn't rain during the game - actually looked quite sunny - but the the sod was wet enough. Tipp's subs made more of an impact than Corks and that was the difference in the end.
Cork were brutal from puck-outs, especially from our own.The tactic was to drive it down Lehanes throat, while it's understandable to do it, you have to vary it somewhat. You can't win matches being so one dimensional. It's a problem that seems to be plagueing Cork hurling teams at the moment, that we have no ball winner on the 40. Sweetnam was a big loss tonight and it's just a shame that it coincided with his exams but obviously they take priority. Two positives on the night were the performance of Christopher Joyce at center back and Jamie Coughlan in the corner.
07-06-2012, 22:32   #1228
Carthy303

http://gaacork.ie/taggedNews/130588/...l_team_v_kerry

Cork team to play Kerry on Sunday was named tonight.Same team that started v Mayo with some positional changes.Knowing Counihan though, there will probably be a few more come Sunday @2pm.
07-06-2012, 22:56   #1229
ShamoBuc

I do like the look of that team. There are alot of possibile switches that can be made also. Cannot wait till Sunday!!
07-06-2012, 23:04   #1230
Carthy303

Quote:
I do like the look of that team. There are alot of possibile switches that can be made also. Cannot wait till Sunday!!
Can see maybe Goulding coming in for Goold and Kerrigan pushing out to the wing. It's obvious the plan is to run at them when you look at the half forwards. Can't wait either as long as this rain stops!
Thread Closed