Cork GAA Discussion Thread - Page 82 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
22-05-2012, 00:45   #1216
D'Agger
Moderator
 
D'Agger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indecisive Ave.
Posts: 10,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by teednab-el View Post

They actually mightn't
On a phone so can't find a bigger picture sorry!
D'Agger is offline  
Advertisement
24-05-2012, 19:32   #1217
IsMiseJoe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 92
Can anyone tell me when the potential Cork/Kerry Semi-final will be played and where it is likely to be?
IsMiseJoe is offline  
24-05-2012, 20:47   #1218
ShamoBuc
Registered User
 
ShamoBuc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Rebeland
Posts: 12,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsMiseJoe View Post
Can anyone tell me when the potential Cork/Kerry Semi-final will be played and where it is likely to be?
Sunday 10th June 2.00p.m. ...down the Páirc
ShamoBuc is offline  
Thanks from:
27-05-2012, 17:55   #1219
ShamoBuc
Registered User
 
ShamoBuc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Rebeland
Posts: 12,068
So, Kerry in 2 weeks, no surprise there. They will of course benefit from the runout, even though they were far from convincing.

Tip in the hurling, who got a right scare from Limerick and I reckon we will have a right crack off them.
ShamoBuc is offline  
27-05-2012, 19:26   #1220
teednab-el
Registered User
 
teednab-el's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Cork
Posts: 2,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamoBuc View Post
So, Kerry in 2 weeks, no surprise there. They will of course benefit from the runout, even though they were far from convincing.

Tip in the hurling, who got a right scare from Limerick and I reckon we will have a right crack off them.
Tipps record in Pairc Ui Chaoimh is shocking. Think they have only won twice in 80 years in Championship hurling and 2008 been the most recent. So I fancy our chances when we meet them. They weren't that impressive today but can improve.
teednab-el is offline  
Advertisement
27-05-2012, 19:43   #1221
Rebel1977
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by teednab-el View Post
Tipps record in Pairc Ui Chaoimh is shocking. Think they have only won twice in 80 years in Championship hurling and 2008 been the most recent. So I fancy our chances when we meet them. They weren't that impressive today but can improve.
How many times in last 80 years have Tipp played in Cork ? Tipp were off form last day we met them in cork, some lucky goals from o halpin
Rebel1977 is offline  
27-05-2012, 20:39   #1222
ShamoBuc
Registered User
 
ShamoBuc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Rebeland
Posts: 12,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel1977 View Post
How many times in last 80 years have Tipp played in Cork ? Tipp were off form last day we met them in cork, some lucky goals from o halpin
I don't care what Tip were that day. Cork played them off the park and if they didn't change their tactic of dropping the ball onto Ó'Halpín's head at the edge of the square, to driving it into the corner, Cork would have won by more than the 10points they did win by!

However, that result will have no meaning in the next game, but I have seen enough of both Cork and Tip this year to believe we can certainly take them!
ShamoBuc is offline  
Thanks from:
27-05-2012, 21:34   #1223
teednab-el
Registered User
 
teednab-el's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Cork
Posts: 2,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel1977 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by teednab-el View Post
Tipps record in Pairc Ui Chaoimh is shocking. Think they have only won twice in 80 years in Championship hurling and 2008 been the most recent. So I fancy our chances when we meet them. They weren't that impressive today but can improve.
How many times in last 80 years have Tipp played in Cork ? Tipp were off form last day we met them in cork, some lucky goals from o halpin
Enough times that it stands out.
teednab-el is offline  
27-05-2012, 21:36   #1224
teednab-el
Registered User
 
teednab-el's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Cork
Posts: 2,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel1977 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by teednab-el View Post
Tipps record in Pairc Ui Chaoimh is shocking. Think they have only won twice in 80 years in Championship hurling and 2008 been the most recent. So I fancy our chances when we meet them. They weren't that impressive today but can improve.
How many times in last 80 years have Tipp played in Cork ? Tipp were off form last day we met them in cork, some lucky goals from o halpin
You make your own luck in hurling.
teednab-el is offline  
Advertisement
06-06-2012, 18:24   #1225
ShamoBuc
Registered User
 
ShamoBuc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Rebeland
Posts: 12,068
Cork V Tipp in the U21 hurling tonight is live on TG4 from 7.15, throw in 7.30.

This has the makings of a very good game but we've had torrential rain in Cork in the last hour in particular, so I expect underfoot conditions to be fairly crap.
ShamoBuc is offline  
06-06-2012, 20:54   #1226
ShamoBuc
Registered User
 
ShamoBuc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Rebeland
Posts: 12,068
Ft Cork 0-17 v Tipp 0-18

Cork were 2 or 3 points ahead for most of the game and were 4 points up with 8mins left. Tipp got 3 fast scores and were apoint down with 5 to go and with injury time approaching took the lead for the first time in the game.
Not a bad game of hurling given the conditions. It didn't rain during the game - actually looked quite sunny - but the the sod was wet enough. Tipp's subs made more of an impact than Corks and that was the difference in the end.
ShamoBuc is offline  
07-06-2012, 01:06   #1227
Carthy303
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cork
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamoBuc View Post
Ft Cork 0-17 v Tipp 0-18

Cork were 2 or 3 points ahead for most of the game and were 4 points up with 8mins left. Tipp got 3 fast scores and were apoint down with 5 to go and with injury time approaching took the lead for the first time in the game.
Not a bad game of hurling given the conditions. It didn't rain during the game - actually looked quite sunny - but the the sod was wet enough. Tipp's subs made more of an impact than Corks and that was the difference in the end.
Cork were brutal from puck-outs, especially from our own.The tactic was to drive it down Lehanes throat, while it's understandable to do it, you have to vary it somewhat. You can't win matches being so one dimensional. It's a problem that seems to be plagueing Cork hurling teams at the moment, that we have no ball winner on the 40. Sweetnam was a big loss tonight and it's just a shame that it coincided with his exams but obviously they take priority. Two positives on the night were the performance of Christopher Joyce at center back and Jamie Coughlan in the corner.
Carthy303 is offline  
07-06-2012, 22:32   #1228
Carthy303
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cork
Posts: 151
http://gaacork.ie/taggedNews/130588/...l_team_v_kerry

Cork team to play Kerry on Sunday was named tonight.Same team that started v Mayo with some positional changes.Knowing Counihan though, there will probably be a few more come Sunday @2pm.
Carthy303 is offline  
07-06-2012, 22:56   #1229
ShamoBuc
Registered User
 
ShamoBuc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Rebeland
Posts: 12,068
I do like the look of that team. There are alot of possibile switches that can be made also. Cannot wait till Sunday!!
ShamoBuc is offline  
07-06-2012, 23:04   #1230
Carthy303
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cork
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamoBuc View Post
I do like the look of that team. There are alot of possibile switches that can be made also. Cannot wait till Sunday!!
Can see maybe Goulding coming in for Goold and Kerrigan pushing out to the wing. It's obvious the plan is to run at them when you look at the half forwards. Can't wait either as long as this rain stops!
Carthy303 is offline  
Thread Closed

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search