Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

22-05-2012, 01:37   #1126
Zapperzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispered View Post
Phoenix and Harley managed to destroy Harleys harness over the weekend. Well, I was told Phoe did it, but I refuse to believe he didn't have help.

Phoe pulled off Harleys collar too, and lost the tag. Harley pulled phoes tag off too.

Have to get a new harness, new collar and 2 new tags. Costing me a fortune these two dogs are.

How did everyones exams go?
Il find out 11th June! Iv given up trying to estimate how I done because I always get it completely wrong! Was happy enough with it anyways.

The cat made a break for freedom today, ended up diving on top of her in my pjs in the garden! The space where the cat enclosure was planned to go 2 years ago has now been cleared so there's a push on to start work on that now! I'd love to have it done for the summer!
Advertisement
22-05-2012, 01:43   #1127
Whispered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapperzy View Post
Il find out 11th June! Iv given up trying to estimate how I done because I always get it completely wrong! Was happy enough with it anyways.

The cat made a break for freedom today, ended up diving on top of her in my pjs in the garden! The space where the cat enclosure was planned to go 2 years ago has now been cleared so there's a push on to start work on that now! I'd love to have it done for the summer!
That's good at least you won't be thinking too much about it. 11th June is not very long to wait at all!

Have you a plan for your cat enclosure or is the plan to start building and see what manifests (that's usually how things get done here)
22-05-2012, 02:06   #1128
Zapperzy

Quote:
That's good at least you won't be thinking too much about it. 11th June is not very long to wait at all!

Have you a plan for your cat enclosure or is the plan to start building and see what manifests (that's usually how things get done here)
Not at all, August will be a long time to wait to repeat though if need be!

Sort of, there's a space in between the shed and a partially finished partition fence about 7ft by 4ft with a big dashed wall at the back and a concrete floor so I have 2 and a half sides already. So just need a few lats to finish the fence, a few wooden lats stuck together and a roll of wire! Easier said than done but I'm not the one doing it! Hopefully the decorating will be the fun part, a tree branch with different levels, a small kennel, a hidey hole for a litter tray and probably loads of hidey holes for hiding when the neighbours kids are too loud! The areas a sun trap so hopefully she'l like it!
22-05-2012, 02:27   #1129
Whispered

You won't repeat, sure you were up studying all hours

Decorating sounds brilliant. You'll have to post pics when you have it done.
22-05-2012, 02:46   #1130
Zapperzy

Quote:
You won't repeat, sure you were up studying all hours

Decorating sounds brilliant. You'll have to post pics when you have it done.
Suppose an animal related discussion forum is somewhat related to my course so it's kind of like extra reading material!

Iv been waiting nearly 2 years so I wouldn't hold your breath if I were you! Don't worry il take plenty of photos, projects here generally are in the planning process many months or years but when it comes round to actually doing them its like building the pyramids all over again with such precision, so many photos were taken of the various stages of the building of the patio I could do a time lapse presentation and it'd run perfect!
Advertisement
22-05-2012, 04:09   #1131
SillyMangoX

My exams were going great but then I had biochemistry.. Will be seeing that one again in August! Already failed it at Christmas so I really hav low hopes! But on the up side, ive only Large animal husbandry left on Wednesday then I am finito! (until Monday when I start placement )
Thanks from:
23-05-2012, 16:05   #1132
Zapperzy

Good luck with placement, I'm sure you'l love it!

Oh how I love getting puked on by a cat in the morning!
24-05-2012, 13:51   #1133
SillyMangoX

My Uncle is minding his dog's mother at the moment while her owners are on holidays, the 2 of them are fab out in the garden together (both our houses share a garden). We decided to bring the dogs to the woods/lake this morning. We don't know if Kero has finally gotten trained or is she just copying everything her mom does I also had a good look at the 2 dogs and I think I've come to the conclusion Kero's dad was a rottie, she has a shorter muzzle, she's taller and stockier, and she has the rottie markings but a bit faded. And she's only gorgeous
24-05-2012, 15:57   #1134
Zapperzy

I cleared out under my bed yesterday and I'm a very happy person right now! I found €25 and a very large bag of old coins including punt and shillings and I had a look on ebay, some of them are being sold for €15 each! I was obviously a very smart child collecting them!

And Charlie seems to be 100% with small dogs! With the good weather all the dogs are out, we've met loads over the past week and he doesn't pass any heed of small dogs anymore regardless of whether their on or off lead, friendly or barking their little mouths off at him! Also passes no heed of bikes and getting very used to cattle too, either he ignores them 75% of the time or the other 25% of the time a quick ah ah stops him when I see him getting too excited over them. Still having issues with big dogs but getting much much better, if they're off lead and approach him for a sniff all is mostly fine so long as their not overly boisterous, it seems to be onlead big dogs that's the problem now. It would be brilliant to have a doggy daycare to send him to.

Loving this weather, took looooaads of photos yesterday at the beach (250+ ), must upload some of them to the photos thread.
Advertisement
24-05-2012, 19:00   #1135
SillyMangoX

Opinions please! Do you reckon Kero's daddy might be a rottie? We thought it was a GSD, but her muzzle is short, shorter than her mothers (a purebred golden retriever), and she has the markings. What do ye think??

24-05-2012, 21:32   #1136
ABajaninCork

Yup - Face and build look Rottie to me!

Lovely dog - have you thought of getting her DNA tested?
24-05-2012, 21:38   #1137
tk123

There's a retriever x gsd in our park didn't thing to take his pic but he looks a lot like lovely Kero!!

Anyhoos (sake!).. there's a dog in the park who has gone for Bailey and all the other dogs any time we've met her... she comes along this evening and it's like he decided he was taking a stand and not being bullied by her...and tried to hump her -I could have died - especially since both dog and owner are so volatile it could have been messy. The guy just ROARS at her which I find really uncomfortable / infuriating!
24-05-2012, 21:40   #1138
SillyMangoX

She appears to have the build and markings of a rottie, but is a bit of an eejit like her mum I'd love to get her tested, she belongs to my uncle so I have partial custody of her so I'll have to speak to him about it. Do you know does is cost much??

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk123 View Post
There's a retriever x gsd in our park didn't thing to take his pic but he looks a lot like lovely Kero!!
We were convinced she was a GSD X but I recently saw a male rottie wandering in the estate she came from, and I have never seen a GSD any time I'm down there (but that doesn't say much, I know they can come from miles!) Plus she has a fat face rather than a skinny GSD one

I put up other pictures in the pics thread if that would help anyone

Last edited by SillyMangoX; 24-05-2012 at 21:44.
25-05-2012, 13:40   #1139
SillyMangoX

One human + one blanket + 2 dogs + 2 cats = not a whole lot of fun! Kero ran up to Cream, Cream has the paw up ready for a slap, but Kero got there first and gave him a big massive lick up the middle of his face! Cream's jaw dropped. Literally. It was HILARIOUS!
26-05-2012, 01:04   #1140
Zapperzy

Does the bottom wire on an electric fence normally be live? Went on a new walk tonight and he ran in beside an electric fence, the bottom wire was only about 12" off the ground and shocked him, the top wire was also only maybe 4' high. Bit annoyed because it's a newly finished public walkway in a popular tourist spot with seating so there's probably a lot of dogs and kids running along there peak times during the day, just seems a weird thing to have right beside where so many people are walking. Now I know what an electric fence looks like, it was just through heedlessness I never thought the bottom wire would be live that he got shocked but it's a very popular tourist spot a lot of foreigners visit so maybe others wouldn't have the cop on to keep kids away from it or know what an electric fence looks like because there's no warning signs up about it.

Charlies fine, he got an awful shock and ran away with his tail between his legs but quickly forgot about it. Good thing he had dried off though. Between the poor fella peeing in the car and getting shocked it was an eventful day!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion