Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

12-05-2012, 00:38   #1
enemylines

Hinterland

I have just read that this ambitious and very well presented paper will close this week. What a shame. surely it should have amalgamated with the Tramore free advertising sheet and between them perhaps there would have been sufficient revenue to keep it afloat. This was the start of a nice local paper. Sad to see it go!
Advertisement
12-05-2012, 01:45   #2
woody33

It's a shame alright, fair dues Jamie O'Keeffe and all staff and contributors for the brave attempt. The best of luck in your next enterprise.
Thanks from:
13-05-2012, 21:21   #3
Siamsa Sessions

Sad to hear it's gone.

I had bought it nearly every week since it started.
14-05-2012, 10:51   #4
Guramoogah

Hinterland is an excellent publication and will be sorely missed. Top quality photography on high-grade paper and not a single typo error. Jamie achieved about a quarter of sales of all the local newspapers in just a few weeks. I'd say that smokey junior was very worried. Wishing him the very best of luck with his next venture, whatever it may be.
(2) thanks from:
14-05-2012, 17:24   #5
ex_infantry man
Closed Account

sad to see this happen to a start up, i'm sure jamie will go on to bigger and better things and that maybe one of the big papers will scoop him up
Advertisement
14-05-2012, 18:38   #6
barneystinson

As is all too often the case in Tramore, other local businesses just didn't get behind him. It wasn't lack of readership (if the impressive rate referred to above is correct), but lack of advertising revenues.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion