UFC Welterweight Division - Page 2 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

09-05-2012, 00:30   #16
Arawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoPool View Post
GSP is different beast now compared to then.
Did he change his jaw?? pretty sure a flush connection can still drop him.

Fully expect gsp to carry on winning but saying nobody has a chance to beat him is silly
Advertisement
09-05-2012, 03:35   #17
Mellor
Unsubscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlami View Post
How Conduit has a belt around his waist is a joke. He's an absolute flash in the pan, boring fighter who happens to be very good at implementing a gameplan. He begged Dana not to match him with Semtex, and he's already been beaten by Ellenberger and 20 seconds away from losing to McDonald in my opinion. Whatever about the rest of the contenders Conduit has pulled the wool over a lot of eyes to be where he is.
If you think he isn't the best in the division outside of GSP that's fair enough.
but the divisino needed an interim title with GSP out for so long. But he earned the interim titleshot, and he win. simple as that really.

I think Diaz' volume punching could edge a win over GSP if he is smart (when I sayu could I mean he has a better chance than anyoen else). But most likely, GSP will find a weakness and make he look average at best.

Diaz lost the conduit fight be being cocky, sloppy, poor tactics and having a bad corner.
09-05-2012, 09:08   #18
JoeyJJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean09 View Post
People like John Hathaway, Rory McDonald, Kampmann, Rick Story (although he has had a setback with a couple of losses). Jake Ellenberger--who I believe has the tools to beat GSP. I'm not saying any of these guys could beat GSP tomorrow but they're improving.

I think tomorrow could be the best time to beat GSP That knee is still not 100%.
Thanks from:
09-05-2012, 09:35   #19
jossul1179

Johnny Hendricks vs Rory McDonald would be a great fight. I think that they are the #3 and #4 in the division. I don't think either will beat GSP. Maybe they could beat Conduit, as Rory and him already had a good fight and Rory just keeps getting better. Hendricks needs another win for a title shot. He beat Kos on a split decision only, not convincingly.
09-05-2012, 13:42   #20
Logical Fallacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlami View Post
How Conduit has a belt around his waist is a joke. He's an absolute flash in the pan, boring fighter who happens to be very good at implementing a gameplan. He begged Dana not to match him with Semtex, and he's already been beaten by Ellenberger and 20 seconds away from losing to McDonald in my opinion. Whatever about the rest of the contenders Conduit has pulled the wool over a lot of eyes to be where he is.
When did Condit become "boring"?

I've only really seen this said since the Diaz fight, before that it was all "Condit is a killer, 26 finishes from 28 wins!!!!".

Amazing how the tide turns from one fight.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
09-05-2012, 14:03   #21
El Guapo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical Fallacy View Post
When did Condit become "boring"?

I've only really seen this said since the Diaz fight, before that it was all "Condit is a killer, 26 finishes from 28 wins!!!!".

Amazing how the tide turns from one fight.
Very true.
I've seen this on other forums too and it usually comes from the same people who were complaining about Condit "running away" from Diaz. (not aiming that at you Xlami, it's something I noticed from other people)
14-05-2012, 00:56   #22
RWCNT

Condit beat Ellenberger and yes, he was 20 seconds away from losing to Rory, but he proceeded to knock Rory out before those 20 seconds so thats hardly relevant. He's one of very few people to have beat Nick Diaz on the feet and he's only ever picked up a decision win twice in his career, so he's definitely not boring. He absolutely deserves the interim title.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion