Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
View Poll Results: Is BJJ a team or individual sport?
Team sport 9 26.47%
Individual sport 25 73.53%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

07-05-2012, 08:05   #91
Mellor
Unsubscriber

Quote:
You can only enter 2 from each school in an IBJJf tournament. So this is an irrelevant point.
It's a hypothetical situation to highlight the so called non literal team sport.
It could be as simple as a few local clubs getting together. So, it's not irrelevant. Besides, the question was retorical really.

Quote:
It's pretty simple guys, team mates won't fight each other when the rules say they don't have to.
Whats that got to do with my post? I didn't say there was anythign wrong with closing out brackets.

It's pretty simple. It's an individual sport.
If people choose not to fight when they don't have to, thats fine. But it doesn't change the fact that you compete as an individual.
Advertisement
07-05-2012, 21:59   #92
RJJIreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellor View Post
It's a hypothetical situation to highlight the so called non literal team sport.
It could be as simple as a few local clubs getting together. So, it's not irrelevant. Besides, the question was retorical really.

Whats that got to do with my post? I didn't say there was anythign wrong with closing out brackets.

It's pretty simple. It's an individual sport.
If people choose not to fight when they don't have to, thats fine. But it doesn't change the fact that you compete as an individual.
i think it's a team sport. when i compete, i compete as a team in both a literal and non-literal sense. my posts and opinions are also rhetorical and hypothetical, so what has your post got to do with mine?
(2) thanks from:
08-05-2012, 05:54   #93
Mellor
Unsubscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJJIreland View Post
i think it's a team sport. when i compete, i compete as a team in both a literal and non-literal sense.

Even the other posters have the sense to admit that on the mat its a individual competition.
Saying you literally compete as a team just looks like you want to argue.

Quote:
my posts and opinions are also rhetorical and hypothetical,
An opinion can't be rhetorical nor hypothetical.
Either you aren't understanding the posts, or you are just repeating me, which is childish.

Quote:
so what has your post got to do with mine?
You quoted my initial post, or at least attempted to.

Last edited by Mellor; 08-05-2012 at 05:56.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion