Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

25-04-2012, 16:31   #1
hug0

Can anyone recreate super8 Style for wedding?

Hi everyone,

Im getting married in September. I love the super 8 vintage style but unfortunately it seems to be very expensive.

Does anyone know if it can be created with newer video cameras and also know anyone that could do it in the Dublin/Wicklow/ Wexford region?

I think I have looked at all the super8 websites in Ireland so I dont need links to them as they are working out way too expensive!

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
25-04-2012, 18:04   #2
ScumLord

Quote:
Originally Posted by hug0 View Post
Hi everyone,

Im getting married in September. I love the super 8 vintage style but unfortunately it seems to be very expensive.

Does anyone know if it can be created with newer video cameras and also know anyone that could do it in the Dublin/Wicklow/ Wexford region?

I think I have looked at all the super8 websites in Ireland so I dont need links to them as they are working out way too expensive!

Thanks in advance!
It can be applied as an effect afterwards. The good thing about doing it that way would you'd have an original good quality copy of the wedding too.
25-04-2012, 18:07   #3
hug0

Would love a recommendation who could do this, as I think the videographer would need to have a bit of style and be into this to be able to recreate it. Would love to see a sample of someones work on this.

Please PM is you're not able to recommend on a post! Cheers!
26-04-2012, 17:12   #4
ScumLord

I don't know any film production companies but even an amateur could carry this off it's not incredibly complicated. If you search for "super 8 effect" on youtube you'll see loads of guides on how to do it with the right software.
Thanks from:
26-04-2012, 17:32   #5
m83

I have both Super 8 and HD digital cameras. No matter what effects you apply to digital footage it's just no comparison to the real thing. So it's definitely worth the cost if you go down the authentic route, especially for your wedding day.

If it were me I'd shoot the wedding in HD and some highlights in 8mm to compliment it. You can get footage scanned at HD resolution so the two would be easy to edit together. Or you could do a standalone Super 8 montage. Your call really...
Advertisement
26-04-2012, 20:28   #6
hug0

Quote:
Originally Posted by m83 View Post
I have both Super 8 and HD digital cameras. No matter what effects you apply to digital footage it's just no comparison to the real thing. So it's definitely worth the cost if you go down the authentic route, especially for your wedding day.

If it were me I'd shoot the wedding in HD and some highlights in 8mm to compliment it. You can get footage scanned at HD resolution so the two would be easy to edit together. Or you could do a standalone Super 8 montage. Your call really...
Yes I'd like this if I could find someone to do it. Just some of the quotes have been a bit crazy!
05-05-2012, 09:28   #7
reece

Hi,
Andrew Krammer has a tutorial on videocopilot.net that may help achieve the look you want - http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/old_film_look/ .
07-05-2012, 16:57   #8
Splinters

Nick Cambells Vintage Looks (addon pack for Magic Bullet Looks) is a great way to get that classic vintage look too. It might not be exactly Super 8 but I use them frequently and can throughly recommend it. It really wouldnt be too hard to build effects on top of it, the jittery frame effect to give something very similar to Super 8. Anyway, just had a quick look on youtube to show you an example and found this, it really doesnt showcase how good it is but might give you an idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGRta_AW8U0

Magic Bullet Looks is a relatively cheap bit of software too so Im sure plenty of videographers would have it.
08-05-2012, 02:36   #9
im invisible
Closed Account

theres an app for that
Advertisement
08-10-2012, 21:34   #10
Crazy World

Hi Hug0,
Did you find someone to do it? If so i'd love to find out more details.
Crazy

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion