Arsenal v Norwich KO 1245pm - Page 23 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

05-05-2012, 16:48   #331
eagle eye

The big problem for Arsenal today was the midfield which was non-existent for most of the game. People are blaming the referee and the defense. The defense got no protection at all. Referee was terrible but it balanced out over the 90 minutes I think.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
05-05-2012, 21:34   #332
KaiserGunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle eye View Post
The big problem for Arsenal today was the midfield which was non-existent for most of the game. People are blaming the referee and the defense. The defense got no protection at all. Referee was terrible but it balanced out over the 90 minutes I think.
Didnt see the game so cant comment but sounds like the ref had an absolute stinker. Fair enough it balanced out over the 90 mins but surely the ref has to be punished for his disgraceful performance.
05-05-2012, 22:16   #333
Oranage2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiserGunner View Post
Didnt see the game so cant comment but sounds like the ref had an absolute stinker. Fair enough it balanced out over the 90 mins but surely the ref has to be punished for his disgraceful performance.

Have to agree with what eagle said, we were terrible for most of the game. The penalty decisions most notably the RVP one but if would have been bad refing as Ger'donkey'ho was offside.

The Ref was poor but so were we.
05-05-2012, 22:20   #334
jonneymendoza

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle eye View Post
Yup. i can see why people dont rate Song
05-05-2012, 22:22   #335
batistuta9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonneymendoza View Post
Yup. i can see why people dont rate Song
there's posts in this thread lauding him for the amount of assists he had.
Not what a DM should be doing at all, hopefully a proper one is signed
Advertisement
05-05-2012, 23:43   #336
Mr. Guappa

Just finished watching extended highlights of this. What an entertaining game. Fair play to Norwich for going for it and playing some nice stuff in the process. I watched them at Old Trafford earlier in the season and they played well that day too, and were undone by a couple of late goals after Pilkington missed a great chance.

The ref was poor but Arsenal can't complain as he was rubbish for both teams. Arsenal had some glorious chances to win it in the 2nd half but that would have been harsh on Norwich.

Take RVP out of that side and they are pretty ordinary.
05-05-2012, 23:49   #337
batistuta9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Guappa View Post
take him out & they'd have scored 2 goals less than liverpool & probably be around the same position
06-05-2012, 01:45   #338
cson

Quote:

But we have him, so you know, that's irrelevant really.
(3) thanks from:
06-05-2012, 01:55   #339
gnfnrhead

Quote:
Take Rooney out of United, take Ronaldo out of Madrid, take any clubs best player away and they obviously won't be as good. Hardly a shocker.
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
06-05-2012, 02:09   #340
L'prof

Quote:
In fairness, we've taken out Nasri, Clichy, Fabregas & Wilshere and pretty much maintained our mediocrity!
06-05-2012, 02:13   #341
HazDanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'prof View Post
In fairness, we've taken out Nasri, Clichy, Fabregas & Wilshere and pretty much maintained our mediocrity!
I would even go as far to say we've improved our mediocrity!
06-05-2012, 02:18   #342
cson

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'prof View Post
Thats a fair point, I'm sure people said the same thing last year - "Take Fabregas out of that team and they're nothing" etc etc.
06-05-2012, 16:44   #343
kensutz

Send a message via Skype™ to kensutz
I was working at the game and I have to say it was one of the best I've been to in quite a while. I see a lot of people singling out the ref but that doesn't hide the fact that Arsenal defenders couldn't handle Holt at all, midfield was shocking and strikers had plenty of chances to put us away. Now I see a report that Wenger said that Johnson went out to break Sagna's leg. Sorry, but that is complete rubbish. Johnson checked his run to try and get out of the way but the 2 players collided and was a pure accident. Ramsey, yes he should have been sent off and so Koscielny too when the hop ball took place out side the box and Morision won it and was pulled back.

Arsenal fans weren't exactly behind their team for 90 minutes either. I have to say it was absolutely dreadful support from the home supporters. Norwich fans have been immense all season and looking forward to next weeks game against Villa with no pressure on us.
06-05-2012, 19:55   #344
The_Kew_Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensutz View Post
I was working at the game and I have to say it was one of the best I've been to in quite a while. I see a lot of people singling out the ref but that doesn't hide the fact that Arsenal defenders couldn't handle Holt at all, midfield was shocking and strikers had plenty of chances to put us away. Now I see a report that Wenger said that Johnson went out to break Sagna's leg. Sorry, but that is complete rubbish. Johnson checked his run to try and get out of the way but the 2 players collided and was a pure accident. Ramsey, yes he should have been sent off and so Koscielny too when the hop ball took place out side the box and Morision won it and was pulled back.

Arsenal fans weren't exactly behind their team for 90 minutes either. I have to say it was absolutely dreadful support from the home supporters. Norwich fans have been immense all season and looking forward to next weeks game against Villa with no pressure on us.
They get on their back far too much, its a stadium that has no atmosphere at all.

Highbury was far better.
06-05-2012, 20:19   #345
batistuta9

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Kew_Tour View Post
They get on their back far too much, its a stadium that has no atmosphere at all.

Highbury was far better.
does anyone know the reason for this?

I kinda think myself that a lot of people who have season tickets/go to matches and are living in london are just going there for the style of football arsenal were playing regularly a few seasons back.
Sort of like if you moved to barcelona you wouldn't be looking for a season ticket for espanyol

another reason could be which is mentioned is on the wiki page bit about supporters is that the fan base comes from well off, mixed & working class areas due to the location of the club

the away fans are v.good though & can often be heard out singing the home team but highbury was also known as the highbury library so it's not an emirates exclusive problem

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion