Star Wars is crap - Page 10 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
View Poll Results: Do you like Star Wars?
Yes! Bend me over and call me Luke/Leia 164 47.95%
No. Get a life nerds 128 37.43%
Atari. References to old consoles matter more to me 50 14.62%
Voters: 342. You may not vote on this poll

05-05-2012, 20:21   #136
Dudess
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStuffins View Post
You know what else is crap? The Big Lebowski! I seriously think people only like this movie because they think other people do and they feel they should!

"The Dude abides.......". The Dude can suck my balls!
Yeah I can't understand the love for that film. Haven't seen it in years though so might change my mind if I watched it again - generally I really like the Coens.
Star Wars - never seen any of them. I'm not particularly sold on what I do know of them.
Advertisement
05-05-2012, 20:22   #137
Stark

Send a message via AIM to Stark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdkiller1991 View Post
but that is just too far.
Because they made a joke about autism or because they criticised your beloved franchise?
05-05-2012, 20:23   #138
mikom

Quote:
Just having 2 people thanking someone for comparing Lucas' writing of the prequels to that of a child with autism.
Unfair comparison, when the writing is clearly closer to that of a child with downs.
Thanks from:
05-05-2012, 20:24   #139
Nerdkiller1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wibbs View Post
For me the last of the prequels especially after the mid point of the flick was vastly superior to the last Return of the Jedi of the originals. That was beyond crap IMH. Made for TV Star Wars xmas special* with a slightly bigger budget.

*have ye ever seen that? Oh god. Cringe..
Yeah, on YouTube. I guess if we ever get into a discussion on what is truly the worst thing about Star Wars, at least it won't be the prequels.

Also, I think the animated segment of the special is actually on the extras on the Star Wars BD collection.
05-05-2012, 20:30   #140
Nerdkiller1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark View Post
Because they made a joke about autism or because they criticised your beloved franchise?
Who said that I believe that it's beloved in my eyes?

It's more or less because the fans are just so bitter about it that they would make the joke. I mean, how long until they make jokes saying that they would round up people who like the prequels and exterminate them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikom View Post
Unfair comparison, when the writing is clearly closer to that of a child with downs.
Are you sure? It seems to be more that of a fanfic writer moving on from his or her sexual LotR romp.

Well we needed a little light humour in this thread.
Advertisement
05-05-2012, 21:21   #141
mbur

Quote:

Well we needed a little light humour in this thread.
Yes we do. That, and we need more real information instead of this random opinion waffle. I have given you the spin-off that gave us the unforgettable 4-Q-2

All I ask in return is a link to the parody that changed R2D2's name to 'BarStool'. This is really important to me now for some strange reason.

If you are familiar with THX1138 you could be forgiven for thinking that Lucas tried serious si-fi and when it didn't work (ie went over the heads of the great unwashed movie going public) he decided to go with the flow (over to the dark side) and direct the sort of crap that people would actually watch. That is how we got Star Wars.

For all it's weaknesses Star Wars was a game changer in the movie business. There are doubtless many si-fi themed movies that would never have been made or seen if Lucas hadn't show the way.

Please correct me if you think I'm wrong.
05-05-2012, 21:41   #142
Nerdkiller1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbur View Post
Yes we do. That, and we need more real information instead of this random opinion waffle. I have given you the spin-off that gave us the unforgettable 4-Q-2
Why can't I help but imagine that this was an early pitch of Spaceballs, with Mel Brooks using a pseudonym?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbur View Post
All I ask in return is a link to the parody that changed R2D2's name to 'BarStool'. This is really important to me now for some strange reason.
Sorry, but I haven't really followed Star Wars parodies, save for Spaceballs, the Robot Chicken ones and the first Family Guy one. But if someone would give me the title, I'll gladly search for it.
05-05-2012, 22:19   #143
Sindri
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbsquarepants View Post
Absolutely.
It's a pile of shíte. My main problem with it is, they can build spaceships and laser cannons and all this amazing advanced technology, yet they choose to fight with fúcking sticks?

Stand 50 metres away and shoot the bollox, don't get so close as he can hit you with a stick! How retarded is that.
Blasters are unreliable; light-sabers are more deadly when fought with using the FORCE!

That's the whole point of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbsquarepants View Post
They're a shower of stick fighting cock smokers is what they are. And what's the deal with that little gremlin looking fúcker, he's supposed to be the oldest wisest gremlin in the whole universe, or some such ballsology and yet his english is worse than Trapatonis! Play well, will dunne if correctly shoulders heals.
Where's my god damn fighting stick!!
That's because he's so intune with the force he has a minor foresight that makes him talk like that.
05-05-2012, 22:56   #144
Wibbs

I'd reckon that the notion of the Star Wars universe is wonderfully compelling(IMHO sooooo better than LOTR), but that for the most part it's execution is lacking. The idea is better than the "reality". Like meeting the most gorgeous woman you've ever seen* and the disappointment of discovering she's lacklustre in conversation, in bed and in soul. That I reckon is the disconnect with both fans and folks on the sidelines. Lucas came up with a bloody brilliant idea, but the description of that idea has fallen flat more than it hasn't. After all who wouldn't want to be a Jedi Knight with a fcuking laser sword FFS, or the pilot of a souped up space van with a Wookie for a co-pilot. Sign me the fcuk up. Though I'm probably more on the dark side.

*if you're a bloke or a woman who digs this sort of thing.

Last edited by Wibbs; 05-05-2012 at 22:59.
Advertisement
05-05-2012, 23:08   #145
Capt'n Midnight
00:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wibbs View Post
Made for TV Star Wars xmas special* with a slightly bigger budget.

*have ye ever seen that? Oh god. Cringe..
maybe we'll see a Special edition of it re-released with more GCI ?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion