Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

27-04-2012, 12:38   #166
baords dyslexic
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonB View Post
DID were doing 3G/Cable modems for €45. TL MR3420

http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/d...odel=TL-MR3420

I'm using it with my UPC at the moment. Not sure how do configure it for my Meteor 3G dongle. I suspect the default settings in it for meteor are out of date.

What are the Meteor 3G details for
Dial no
APN
Username
Password
afaik

*99#
broadband.mymeteor.ie

and no Username or Password

but if anyone wants to correct me that fine by me
Advertisement
27-04-2012, 12:44   #167
CraigSmith_IO

Ok it was a configuration issue I think. I prematurely put the USB modem in. I reset the router and followed steps from a different thread. Haven't disconnected, yet.

The reason I'm testing it out is because my store is going to be selling them, so need to make sure it's a stable connection first. The quick start guide is a bit iffy, tells you to plug in the USB modem straight away. If you set all the APN's first etc then plug it in and reboot you seem to get a stable connection from it.

EDIT:

Take that back. Basically after about 5-10 minutes either the connection just doesn't work or my Wireless Connection comes up with no internet access? It was more stable though until it disconnected. As I said to fix it, all I did was disconnect from the wireless network and reconnected. Can't work out where the problem lies.

Last edited by CraigSmith_IO; 27-04-2012 at 12:53. Reason: It disconnected
27-04-2012, 12:54   #168
baords dyslexic
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSmith_IO View Post
Ok it was a configuration issue I think. I prematurely put the USB modem in. I reset the router and followed steps from a different thread. Haven't disconnected, yet.

The reason I'm testing it out is because my store is going to be selling them, so need to make sure it's a stable connection first. The quick start guide is a bit iffy, tells you to plug in the USB modem straight away. If you set all the APN's first etc then plug it in and reboot you seem to get a stable connection from it.
If you read the instructions or followed a wizard then thats where you went wrong

That router doesn't have all the settings necessary for Ireland so easier to do it manually and there is at least one new dongle thats not supported.
27-04-2012, 12:57   #169
baords dyslexic
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSmith_IO View Post
EDIT:

Take that back. Basically after about 5-10 minutes either the connection just doesn't work or my Wireless Connection comes up with no internet access? It was more stable though until it disconnected. As I said to fix it, all I did was disconnect from the wireless network and reconnected. Can't work out where the problem lies.
Then stop using the wireless and see if the wireless is the issue.

If it is do the normal WiFi trouble shooting stuff.
05-05-2012, 12:19   #170
Dunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by baords dyslexic View Post
All you need is the APN, Dial Number and any password to get it to work.

Who are you with and what dongle are you useing.

Can you even get to the home page for the web config of the router?

I posted a screen shot of the settings for 3 here in another thread at the bottom of the page.
It's a vodafone K3765

I decided to try again later. Will report back.

I dunno what the APN, Dial Number or pass/username is (sorry)

How do i find these out? thanks
Advertisement
05-05-2012, 12:44   #171
baords dyslexic
Closed Account

For vodafone, the last TL MR3420 and a K3765 I set up worked with just the APN hs.vodafone.ie, dial no *99# and setting up the wireless with a WPA2 key. Set it up about 3 months ago for a mate and its worked with nothing more than the occasional power off/on reboot since. If the dongle itself crashes then with most 3G routers you can only get back online by powering the dongle on and off and its just as easy to switch the router off and back on at the power switch. I have my edimax 3G router set up with a remote control power switch (from Lidl) as the plug isn't easy to get to.
Thanks from:
05-05-2012, 12:46   #172
Dunny

Thanks, would this be the same with the TL-MR3220?
05-05-2012, 13:40   #173
Dunny

Just reading the manual for it here, do I need a dsl or broadband connection?? All I have is the dongle?
05-05-2012, 16:06   #174
Dunny

Im at a loss, anytime I try hook it up with the laptop i get the no internet access logo

The dongle flashes blue but i cant get it to connect
Advertisement
05-05-2012, 16:28   #175
baords dyslexic
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunny! View Post
Thanks, would this be the same with the TL-MR3220?
They are all the same afaik.

But your giving nothing like enough info to see what your problem is.

When you log in to the router the first page you see is a page that gives you a summary of whats going on on the router (status) and somewhere on that page it tells you if you are connected or not how are you connecting to the router it also tells you if it recognises the dongle and the signal strength. btw forget the EFing wizards all you configuer is the 3G connection and the wireless connection, the router can also use a fixed line broadband connectoin via the WAN port but just forget that you don't have it so your just configuring the 3G bit.
05-05-2012, 17:07   #176
Dunny

How do i log into the router?

I connect it to the laptop via ethernet cable, lights come on and are working according to the manual. I dunno what info you need like?
05-05-2012, 17:49   #177
baords dyslexic
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunny! View Post
How do i log into the router?

I connect it to the laptop via ethernet cable, lights come on and are working according to the manual. I dunno what info you need like?
I can't remember the IP address the router uses just check whatever your default gateway is from an IPCONFIG command from the CMD> promt.

Then open a browser and type that IP into the address bar and press return try 192.168.1.1
18-06-2012, 21:48   #178
-=al=-

Anyone know of any 3g routers apart from the huawei b260a that you can put the sim in instead of a dongle via usb?
04-07-2012, 19:48   #179
mystic86

Hi there,

I have a three.ie 3g modem (Huawei E585) and I want to connect it to TpLink TL-3220.

When I connect one to the other it doesn't work automatically so i go into settings on the TPLink and click on 3G but it only gives me three options - vodafone, O2 and Meteor....
There is a section to enter details myself for the APN but I don't know what to write, could anyone help me out please?

I tried writing a few things but none would work....

Thanks guys
14-07-2012, 00:28   #180
eirator
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystic86 View Post

I have a three.ie 3g modem (Huawei E585) and I want to connect it to TpLink TL-3220.
Bit late to tell you this but that E585 is a MiFi device and not supported when used as a dongle with any 3G router I know of its not on the list of supported dongles for the TL-3220. Just get another dongle but check its supported first.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion