Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

03-05-2012, 08:15   #1021
mymo

So AJ did they come and take you away?

I have had to do the same before (numerous times), once had to climb onto a flat roof and in an upstairs window of a flat I lived in, I'd just moved in, and the guards did turn up.
Opened the door and I was unpacking (could of looked like packing stuff to rob)
I was told to get spare key cut and leave it with a neighbour and also don't leave the window open as it if I could get in anyone could
Advertisement
03-05-2012, 12:13   #1022
Zapperzy

I lost my keys once and tried to open the latch which was on the inside of the gate, got my elbow wedged in between the pickets when I was jumping up, luckily I got it out but I gave up and waited til someone came with a key. Had a nasty bruise and splinters as a result.
03-05-2012, 21:47   #1023
adrenalinjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymo View Post

So AJ did they come and take you away?
Na, I'm still here, lets hope the person in the car recognised me as opposed to just letting me get robbed!
04-05-2012, 08:45   #1024
tk123

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalinjunkie View Post
Na, I'm still here, lets hope the person in the car recognised me as opposed to just letting me get robbed!
2 guys tried to break into our house years ago while we were all asleep up stairs..anyhoos neighbour looks out and sees two figures trying to pry the window open with a screwdriver and thought it was me and my brother?!?! Thank you neighbourhood watch lol!!

My last day in work today - WEIRD!! Bailey is delighted with the new arrangements thou lol
04-05-2012, 12:13   #1025
Zapperzy

In bed this morning and the cat decided to sleep right in the middle of the bed leaving me with a tiny corner of a duvet. So I made myself smaller and put up with it! She definitely rules the house here!
Advertisement
04-05-2012, 15:51   #1026
Whispered

04-05-2012, 17:03   #1027
adrenalinjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapperzy View Post
In bed this morning and the cat decided to sleep right in the middle of the bed leaving me with a tiny corner of a duvet. So I made myself smaller and put up with it! She definitely rules the house here!
I often wake up to find I've either manoeuvred myself around the dog or I've been converted into a dog lounger, move her out of the way, then she moves herself back
Thanks from:
04-05-2012, 19:42   #1028
Zapperzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalinjunkie View Post
I often wake up to find I've either manoeuvred myself around the dog or I've been converted into a dog lounger, move her out of the way, then she moves herself back
Just as well I don't share with the dog too or I'd definitely be on the floor! A seemingly small dog can spread himself right out!
I must post the photo I have of the cat sleeping on the big dog cushion and the poor dog curled into a ball on a blanket on the floor beside her.
Thanks from:
04-05-2012, 20:42   #1029
tk123

Ah I wish Bailey slept on my bed!! I stopped letting him up about 2 years ago now what with his legs and all cos we've no carpet on them and I was afraid he'd slip!! Maybe it's time to get them covered so I can start to have lie ins while I'm taking a few months off!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
05-05-2012, 00:15   #1030
Zapperzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapperzy View Post
I must post the photo I have of the cat sleeping on the big dog cushion and the poor dog curled into a ball on a blanket on the floor beside her.
It's a bit blurry but you get the idea, she's a stubborn cat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk123 View Post
Ah I wish Bailey slept on my bed!! I stopped letting him up about 2 years ago now what with his legs and all cos we've no carpet on them and I was afraid he'd slip!! Maybe it's time to get them covered so I can start to have lie ins while I'm taking a few months off!
You might not get much of a lie in with a snoring dog shoving a paw into your back to move over!
Thanks from:
05-05-2012, 00:26   #1031
Zapperzy

There's a little cairn x female in my local pound, spitting image of my fella, just a little slighter and scruffier. Oh I'd love a second one. http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...type=1&theater
05-05-2012, 00:33   #1032
mymo

My dog is currently warming my bed, the cat is in his too Zapperzy
I have a kingsize bed and I sometimes wake up to a dog and two cats pinning me down!
Thankfully little dog can't get up as she's too short and its quite high, but my daughter lifted her up a few times and I woke hanging off the edge, little dogs do take up much more space.
05-05-2012, 00:39   #1033
adrenalinjunkie

I was pre-warned about Shelties finding their voice between 10 and 12 weeks, apparently if it's nipped in the bud immediately you have a non-barking dog for life but if goes on until 14 weeks you have a barking dog for life .

My neighbours got 2 pups on Wednesday and they were left in the house on their own yesterday. I put my two on in the run at 3pm yesterday as I've been easing the pup into the routine my mum will have when I go back to work. Next doors pups were screaming their heads off, que barking from my pup, so I left him out there until he had stopped for half an hour, 3 hours he was out there, two and half of them barking constantly while Poppy sat on the roof of her kennel looking totally depressed. Then he had a good old bark at me for not letting him rob stuff of the table, for putting him in the crate for his nap and he had a good old bark at my niece for not wanting to play tug and one at Poppy for taking his toy. So he just didn't get his way and I threw a blanket over his crate and ignored him when he was kicking off in there. I couldn't put him out of the room for a time-out because he can't cope with that at all and makes a puddle on the floor. I still have a splitting headache from yesterday, but not one single bark today.

Is that it? Have I won Or will sods law come back and bite me tomorrow for posting this? He'll be 12 weeks on Monday, I'm back at work on Tuesday and not very confident about my mums ability not to cave and give in to him!
05-05-2012, 10:55   #1034
rorrissey

I'm bringing Gussie to West Kerry for the weekend! He's going to love it there!
05-05-2012, 11:54   #1035
borderlinemeath

Swallows have begun to nest in our outhouse and the noise from my two is deafening!

This is the first year with them nesting that we've had Benson, for the past couple of years with them nesting it's just been Coco and she would bark at them for a little bit but now she has a partner in crime and it's getting bad!

Keeping them indoors just winds them up even more as the door to the outhouse is about six feet away from the french doors so they sit there and go crazy. And if the weather is nice we always leave the doors open.

When they're outside they run in and out of the outhouse after the swallows and they sit there barking at them while the swallows sit on the ridge of the house roof or the electricity wire. They momentarily stop when called but then after about a minute start barking again.

They're on high alert as well. Benson sat down and let out an audible fart. Coco went ballistic at the noise, misinterpreting it for a noise the birds might have made so then the two of them went crazy.

Of to the beach now for an extra long swim and a run, try and tire them out!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion