Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

30-04-2012, 20:49   #1006
BobMac104

Epic post e.coli nice one!!!
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
30-04-2012, 20:54   #1007
Younganne

Ecoli wow..thanks a million for that, you put it in very good terms for me/us to understand......it is something that i would love to know and understand more so thanks you for starting it off and giving me enought to understand what i'm doing..... heres hoping Sunday will give me a 10 on the after scale....

I was planning on following P&D for the marathon as i've heard of huge improvements from people who have used it...and all the plans are defined as Vo2, LT, GA runs etc...i'm reading the book to get a handle on this but what you have put down in one post has made it so much easier to understand.

again thanks a mil
Thanks from:
30-04-2012, 21:20   #1008
red face dave

NameWeeks SessionsWeeks TotalMonthly TotalYearly totalComments
BobMac104649.10m770.5m strange week but still managed my three important sessions. 21mLSR
rom648miles197m710mMissed two planned runs as too busy but other than that ok
Younganne537.26100.29347.27mhad a great week this week..i did all the runs & hills as prescribed by Ecoli and there was a few extra miles in there too
red face dave 21269291****e week mileage wise, Bad back pain but a new 10k p.b
Nules10    276.3 
run44   297.6m 
KittyMittens   38.8 
Cutex   78.8 
Alitoast   83.94 
Scriba   45.6m158.18m

Bad week, awful pain in my back for most of the week. But managed a new 10k pb yesterday.
Ecoli that is some reply much appreciated for all your help. Some light reading for tonight.
(3) thanks from:
30-04-2012, 22:17   #1009
scriba

NameWeeks SessionsWeeks TotalMonthly TotalYearly totalComments
BobMac104649.10m770.5m strange week but still managed my three important sessions. 21mLSR
rom648miles197m710mMissed two planned runs as too busy but other than that ok
Younganne537.26100.29347.27mhad a great week this week..i did all the runs & hills as prescribed by Ecoli and there was a few extra miles in there too
red face dave 21269291****e week mileage wise, Bad back pain but a new 10k p.b
Nules10    276.3 
run44   297.6m 
KittyMittens   38.8 
Cutex   78.8 
Alitoast   83.94 
Scriba 324.3m69.9m172.48 getting back into it again.

Ok week, 2 quality sessions. Plan is 4-5 outings this week, along with a 13m LSR.

Great running guys, and great posts! Learning all the time here!

Last edited by scriba; 30-04-2012 at 22:20.
(2) thanks from:
30-04-2012, 23:38   #1010
rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMac104 View Post
Ya i run slowly sometimes but i just run by feel mostly on non session days. I don't use a heart rate monitor. I could be wrong but i don't think you can run anaerobically for very long never mind for a 20 mile run. What was your longest run for Dublin? I am never breathing hard on the long runs really and i am able to chat away so i don't think i am neglecting any systems in that respect. In terms of lactate threshold can't you just deduce it from your race times?
Dublin was like 19 miles, not long enough i know but I have help this year from someone that knows their stuff inside out and checks all my logs in a lot of detail, very lucky. I am just saying what i have been told. last week you were supposed to have an easy on but you had a very LSR regarding breathing hard. I did a session today and was not breathing hard for the whole thing. I am taking it all very seriously at present and feel that my stage presently needs a lot of work. if only the Olympic hopefuls were investing what i am/will be even monitoring your resting HR will show you that you are run down and may need a day rest. HRM has been the single best thing to improve my running. hardcore say run by feel but that's ok once you are that level but starting off a HRM is great. at the end of the day you want to have the same effort for the full race and training (not racing) with a HRM will help that. It will mean you get the best performance.
Advertisement
01-05-2012, 09:47   #1011
BobMac104

I don’t feel run down really. I’ve only 2 more LSRs to do before cork anyway then i am into taper. As I said though Its all a bit of fun really isn’t it? When I look at the gap between me and guys who'd be winning races I know i wont be winning anything like! I do appreciate the advice though Rom and as i said i agree with the majority of it.

Last edited by BobMac104; 01-05-2012 at 09:49.
01-05-2012, 11:10   #1012
rom

Quote:
I don’t feel run down really. I’ve only 2 more LSRs to do before cork anyway then i am into taper. As I said though Its all a bit of fun really isn’t it? When I look at the gap between me and guys who'd be winning races I know i wont be winning anything like! I do appreciate the advice though Rom and as i said i agree with the majority of it.
Just know for myself its easy to start over training and when I realize it then its too late. Will be looking forward to how you get on in Cork and any advice you can offer too.
01-05-2012, 12:25   #1013
BobMac104

Quote:
Originally Posted by rom View Post
Will be looking forward to how you get on in Cork and any advice you can offer too.
Ah dont be putting me under pressure now!
01-05-2012, 12:46   #1014
rom

Quote:
Ah dont be putting me under pressure now!
you'll be grand
Advertisement
04-05-2012, 09:50   #1015
BobMac104

midleton 5m report.

So this was kind of a last minute decision to do this race. I was told about it last tuesday after the club session so i said id go down and have a bash in place of thursdays speed work. I wasnt expecting much out of the legs to be honest as they are full of miles at the moment with training for cork. Anyway got the number and ran away down to the start where i did a stride or two to keep warm more than anything else. Bang ! gun went off without much warning and i shot out like a hare, looked at the watch, 5:48 pace."eh no not today" so i pulled back fairly lively to around 6:30 pace. from there on it was just a matter of trying to stay relaxed. Course wasnt the easiest but it wasnt too hard either and without too many negative thoughts I was at half way and was averaging 6:35. 4th mile wasnt easy and i lost a bit of time here but was trying to stay relaxed for the uphills and not blow up. at the 4 mile marker the road fell away for 100m or so and it was a nice flat final mile. I was just holding form and pace at this point. last 400m ! ugh got hard around here but held on for a time of 32:57 (6:35av) I was delighted with this! and a PB of nearly 2 mins from january. Had a lash of sangages and cakes after for eh glycogen replenishment purposes and went home happy.
04-05-2012, 11:12   #1016
PDCAT

Quote:
So this was kind of a last minute decision to do this race. I was told about it last tuesday after the club session so i said id go down and have a bash in place of thursdays speed work. I wasnt expecting much out of the legs to be honest as they are full of miles at the moment with training for cork. Anyway got the number and ran away down to the start where i did a stride or two to keep warm more than anything else. Bang ! gun went off without much warning and i shot out like a hare, looked at the watch, 5:48 pace."eh no not today" so i pulled back fairly lively to around 6:30 pace. from there on it was just a matter of trying to stay relaxed. Course wasnt the easiest but it wasnt too hard either and without too many negative thoughts I was at half way and was averaging 6:35. 4th mile wasnt easy and i lost a bit of time here but was trying to stay relaxed for the uphills and not blow up. at the 4 mile marker the road fell away for 100m or so and it was a nice flat final mile. I was just holding form and pace at this point. last 400m ! ugh got hard around here but held on for a time of 32:57 (6:35av) I was delighted with this! and a PB of nearly 2 mins from january. Had a lash of sangages and cakes after for eh glycogen replenishment purposes and went home happy.
Great Time Bob, congrats on the PB.
Thanks from:
04-05-2012, 11:17   #1017
BobMac104

Cheers PDCAT i was well chuffed to be honest.
04-05-2012, 12:19   #1018
Younganne

Well done Bob, great day there at the office and you made it sound like you were just jogging around!!
Thanks from:
04-05-2012, 12:27   #1019
red face dave

Well done Bob, great running
Thanks from:
04-05-2012, 12:36   #1020
rom

Quote:
Nothing better than a sambo after a race great time.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion