Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
01-05-2012, 02:05   #631
Smidge
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by prinz View Post
Yes you are wrong. You made a number of claims not about the bible but about the position of the RCC which is a different thing. You are most definitely wrong in what you claimed.
Meh some people like fairy stories.
What ever your bedtime read.
Smidge is offline  
Advertisement
01-05-2012, 02:07   #632
K-9
Moderator
 
K-9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Donegal
Posts: 34,706
It's personal choice. Same as abortion is personal choice, so is a 14/15 year old keeping the baby.


My sons mother was 18, just going on 19, and no matter what we have disagreed on since, a very brave, strong, independent woman.

Strange thing is, 10 years later I think she'd have come to a different decision! And not by independent choice!
K-9 is offline  
01-05-2012, 02:07   #633
prinz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dublin
Posts: 14,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishkalucy View Post
Meh some people like fairy stories.
What ever your bedtime read.
Like I said, no problem, continue on making false claims, at the end of the day it only undermines your own argument.
prinz is offline  
01-05-2012, 02:09   #634
hondasam
Closed Account
 
hondasam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 29,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neyite View Post
I'm not worried. Its a very much planned and wanted pregnancy and whatever comes I will be delighted to experience it.

.
Best of luck with it. Nothing like meeting your baby for the first time.
hondasam is offline  
(7) thanks from:
01-05-2012, 02:10   #635
LH Pathe
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,483
It's not a good look for the schools crest, having this big bump bulging out of it. I dunno how young some of the folks are here, clamouring to be accepted as adults but some day you'll look back n say how young and naive was I.

You're only adults biologically, all of a sudden and such a bodyshock can make one feel old but don't go getting ahead of yourselves. Because you'll regret it when you should be enjoying your young lives instead of casting yourselves into ouldwanhood at 15 or whatever
LH Pathe is offline  
Advertisement
01-05-2012, 02:10   #636
Smidge
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by prinz View Post
Like I said, no problem, continue on making false claims, at the end of the day it only undermines your own argument.
My argument is this girl should be supported not scorned.

You can argue whatever way you care to.

Religion, smidgeon.

BTW we all know the Catholic priests position
Smidge is offline  
01-05-2012, 02:12   #637
Smidge
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondasam View Post
Best of luck with it. Nothing like meeting your baby for the first time.
First baby?
You'll do fine!!

As will this girl, she has youth on her side and hopefully a supportive family
Smidge is offline  
01-05-2012, 02:15   #638
K-9
Moderator
 
K-9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Donegal
Posts: 34,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondasam View Post
Best of luck with it. Nothing like meeting your baby for the first time.

One of the rare times movies meet reality.

I never really got babies until she had a caesarian, and got a bottle and nappy presented to me, before she woke up.

Wtf gathers meaning.
K-9 is offline  
01-05-2012, 02:17   #639
Smidge
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-9 View Post
One of the rare times movies meet reality.

I never really got babies until she had a caesarian, and got a bottle and nappy presented to me, before she woke up.

Wtf gathers meaning.
Hope you kept it after C-Section
Smidge is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
01-05-2012, 02:17   #640
hondasam
Closed Account
 
hondasam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 29,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishkalucy View Post
First baby?
You'll do fine!!

As will this girl, she has youth on her side and hopefully a supportive family
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-9 View Post
One of the rare times movies meet reality.

I never really got babies until she had a caesarian, and got a bottle and nappy presented to me, before she woke up.

Wtf gathers meaning.
Neyite is having a baby but I can assure ye all Hondasam is not.
hondasam is offline  
(2) thanks from:
01-05-2012, 02:18   #641
Smidge
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondasam View Post
Neyite is having a baby but I can assure ye all Hondasam is not.
HAHA the girl I was talking about was the original girl in the article
Smidge is offline  
01-05-2012, 02:29   #642
hondasam
Closed Account
 
hondasam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 29,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-9 View Post
One of the rare times movies meet reality.

I never really got babies until she had a caesarian, and got a bottle and nappy presented to me, before she woke up.

Wtf gathers meaning.
You managed I take it, nothing to it.
hondasam is offline  
01-05-2012, 02:44   #643
charlemont
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,559
I find it sexist too, I'm sure the father would have no problem getting a place in a CBS school, But the girl gets denied, Yea That's so stupid, Its not like she is going to bring the child to class with her everyday.

Isn't it in the UN charter about the right to education.

I hope this makes all the main European newspapers, She should also seek legal advice and see does the schools decision breach any EU law, This school should be named and shamed in court in Strasbourg..
charlemont is offline  
01-05-2012, 03:33   #644
K-9
Moderator
 
K-9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Donegal
Posts: 34,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondasam View Post
You managed I take it, nothing to it.


No family member was scarey.

I'm a loner by nature and I never felt as alone as that, seriously death threateningly alone. Nearest family member in Donegal, 200 miles away and this before mobiles as a common tool. TGe phone box was the first contact to the external world.

I've never been as scared as my life as seeing my ex wheeled out in a trolley, and me told to sign this sheet of paper, with nobody within 200 miles. Even after putting a nappy on my son, the first I ever put a nappy on a baby, my first thought was my ex.

If it was a choice between my ex and my son, there was only one winner.
K-9 is offline  
(2) thanks from:
01-05-2012, 05:13   #645
crucamim
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 867
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlemont View Post
I find it sexist too, I'm sure the father would have no problem getting a place in a CBS school, But the girl gets denied, Yea That's so stupid, Its not like she is going to bring the child to class with her everyday.

Isn't it in the UN charter about the right to education.

I hope this makes all the main European newspapers, She should also seek legal advice and see does the schools decision breach any EU law, This school should be named and shamed in court in Strasbourg..
Since when did the UN charter impose diuties on a Catholic school?

Since when did the EU have authority in education?

Why would the school being named cause it any shame? It might improve its reputation.
crucamim is offline  
Thread Closed

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search