The middle aged Irish woman - Page 13 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

30-04-2012, 20:05   #181
JupiterKid

You know, after being on AH and having read many a thread over the past 7 1/2 years or so, I think you can condense the general sentiments expressed in new threads on AH pretty much down to the following:

Isn't Ireland just pure sh*te and everywhere else is simply amazing?

I'm pretty locked and I shouldn't be posting but sure feck it I will anyway.

Aren't Irish women stuck up tangoed bitches who are two faced and money obsessed?

Aren't Irish men lazy, fat good for nothing ugly trolls who are also uncouth pervs?

All boggers/culchies are muck savages with the manners of a sewerpig.

All townies/Dubs/jackeens are skanger junkies and teenage welfare mums.

Yore Ma

Ireland is the absolute worst country in the world - no, make that the universe

etc. etc. etc.

Last edited by JupiterKid; 30-04-2012 at 20:13.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
30-04-2012, 20:19   #182
tempura

Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterKid View Post
You know, after being on AH and having read many a thread over the past 7 1/2 years or so, I think you can condense the general sentiments expressed in new threads on AH pretty much down to the following:

Isn't Ireland just pure sh*te and everywhere else is simply amazing?

I'm pretty locked and I shouldn't be posting but sure feck it I will anyway.

Aren't Irish women stuck up tangoed bitches who are two faced and money obsessed?

Aren't Irish men lazy, fat good for nothing ugly trolls who are also uncouth pervs?

All boggers/culchies are muck savages with the manners of a sewerpig.

All townies/Dubs/jackeens are skanger junkies and teenage welfare mums.

Yore Ma

Ireland is the absolute worst country in the world - no, make that the universe

etc. etc. etc.

You forgot three fiddy !
(4) thanks from:
30-04-2012, 20:21   #183
dj jarvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudess View Post
I didn't say YOU were responsible for the above, I said that's what this thread was started for - all I said was I can't understand why you feel it's so audacious of Irish women to get defensive in relation to a thread like this, which is not a constructive criticism thread. You will be hard pushed to find "All men are bastards" claims here too, as opposed to the "Irish women are bitches and unattractive" threads.

I'd assume those two posters are just pissed off by your posts implying women are unreasonable and bitter for defending themselves from vitriol. I'm not attacking you but that is how they read.

ok i never said it was a constructive criticism thread or implied that ,
i asked the question did people find Irish women dont take it ( CC ) well ,
in my experience they dont , now obviously i cant speak for all irish women but surely that would have been taken as a granted - how could i know all women , so no offense should have been taken - and if it was then other reasons are at play

and in fairness i NEVER implied any of what you have said dudess , again read my first comment , then read the subsequent ones against me and my post , do you really think the response to what i asked was justified ?? a little over recreation maybe ? as i said a little history here , nothing else

i take offense to being portrayed as a chauvinist when its not deserved in the slightest - if people are SO sensitive about such matters maybe a public forum is not the place for them

funny , i got a 7 day ban once for picking up against some gob****e who was trying to say that women with prams should get out of his way , silly cows bla bla bla , totally a d1ckhead , but as i said before people who have a axe to grind just dont do context or facts , upsets their rants

usual AH sh1te - cherry pick and ignore the rest
30-04-2012, 20:25   #184
Dudess
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by catthinkin View Post
maybe us ladies like to look nice for ourselves ! No one else just us ha
Tbh I like to look good when I'm out and about to attract attention from men, but also for myself. But I agree - that post is... significantly Patrick Bateman-esque.

Last edited by Dudess; 30-04-2012 at 20:32.
Thanks from:
30-04-2012, 20:32   #185
Dudess
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj jarvis View Post
ok i never said it was a constructive criticism thread or implied that ,
i asked the question did people find Irish women dont take it ( CC ) well ,
in my experience they dont , now obviously i cant speak for all irish women but surely that would have been taken as a granted - how could i know all women , so no offense should have been taken - and if it was then other reasons are at play

and in fairness i NEVER implied any of what you have said dudess , again read my first comment , then read the subsequent ones against me and my post , do you really think the response to what i asked was justified ??
Ah in fairness, it totally looked like you were saying "So what if there are loads of insults being thrown at you on this thread, get over it! You can't say anything to an Irish woman" etc etc. I'm not saying that's what you meant, now that you've clarified it, but you did say it on this thread (a women-bashing one) and didn't specify that you were talking about constructive criticism in general, just this thread and how it's about women, not men "so suck it up instead of bitching about it". You also said women here are always resorting to "All men are bastards" - they're not! Vast majority of the time, they defend, they don't provoke. The two are entirely different and I can't understand why some folks treat them as if they're the same.
Quote:
i take offense to being portrayed as a chauvinist
Didn't in the least bit portray you as one - that's only what you're thinking now in fairness, not what I'm saying. I even said you don't usually strike me as someone who'd say what you said.
Quote:
funny , i got a 7 day ban once for picking up against some gob****e who was trying to say that women with prams should get out of his way , silly cows bla bla bla , totally a d1ckhead , but as i said before people who have a axe to grind just dont do context or facts , upsets their rants

usual AH sh1te - cherry pick and ignore the rest
See my post above. And maybe just mull it over for a sec and consider how you could easily have been misconstrued...
Thanks from:
Advertisement
30-04-2012, 20:40   #186
JupiterKid

There are a lot of women bashing threads on AH and there are a few men bashing one too.

If I was a sociologist asked to give an opinion of Irish people based solely on AH I'd come to the conclusion that the Irish as a race were actually doomed, as Irish men and Irish women had completely gone off each other.

Last edited by JupiterKid; 30-04-2012 at 21:09.
Thanks from:
30-04-2012, 20:45   #187
Dudess
Closed Account

Quote:
Quote:
there a a few men bashing one too.
I honestly can't think of any, other than one by some scary nut-job whom I think got banned. It's probably because there are far fewer women than men on Boards, and I'm not saying there aren't women who make sweeping statements about Irish men (there sure are) but I just don't associate the above with actual threads being started, just the odd stupid "Yeah well men are crap" comment following provocation.
Thanks from:
30-04-2012, 20:52   #188
dj jarvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudess View Post
Ah in fairness, it totally looked like you were saying "So what if there are loads of insults being thrown at you on this thread, get over it! You can't say anything to an Irish woman" etc etc. I'm not saying that's what you meant, now that you've clarified it, but you did say it on this thread (a women-bashing one) and didn't specify that you were talking about constructive criticism in general, just this thread and how it's about women, not men "so suck it up instead of bitching about it". You also said women here are always resorting to "All men are bastards" - they're not! Vast majority of the time, they defend, they don't provoke. The two are entirely different and I can't understand why some folks treat them as if they're the same.

Didn't in the least bit portray you as one - that's only what you're thinking now in fairness, not what I'm saying. I even said you don't usually strike me as someone who'd say what you said.

See my post above. And maybe just mull it over for a sec and consider how you could easily have been misconstrued...

ok look im going to put this one to bed ,

obviously my initial post was taken up the wrong way , granted i might have poised the point/question in a different way , i thought it was a fair question to ask , also i read the OP , and posted a reply , i did not see the posts that followed the original OP , or the direction it was taking

i still think it was a totally valid question to ask , it should not have been taken the way it was - and the response to my question was fairly OTT ,

and the insinuation by some posters that i have " form " for this kind of thing is absolute rubbish - i dont do " shes a gee bag / hes a prick " threads
(2) thanks from:
30-04-2012, 21:16   #189
Itwasntme.
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rented Mule View Post
There was a French woman on Gerry Ryan several years who had written a book about 'Why French Women don't Get Fat' or something to that extent.
The following year, a study was released that stated that 'French women had the highest obesity levels in Europe'.

Don't drink the kool-aid.
True story. As for the asians...-->http://caloriecount.about.com/forums...naturally-slim
Advertisement
30-04-2012, 21:22   #190
sunflower27
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempura View Post
You forgot three fiddy !
Ihave never understood what that means
Thanks from:
30-04-2012, 21:53   #191
44leto
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lustrum View Post
I'm with Eve on this one, I wouldn't sway my wife for all the fake tits in Colombia (for those who haven't been, there are mucho!) and she's all Dublin.

It's gas how lads think that all Irish women are munters, I can understand the idea that Italians are beautiful, but as for the french and especially the spanish, there are a lot more moonpigs in Paris and Madrid than Penelope Cruz lookalikes

The perfect post, but only 2 thanks.
30-04-2012, 22:00   #192
PrincessLola

Number of AH threads complaining about fat men: 0

And men say they are the hated sex
30-04-2012, 22:07   #193
sunflower27
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessLola View Post
Number of AH threads complaining about fat men: 0

And men say they are the hated sex
They're all fat!
30-04-2012, 22:11   #194
jaffacakesyum
Closed Account

It's not surprising there's more sweeping generalisations made about Irish women on AH. What's surprising is the men making those comments still don't see how pathetic they are being. I'm sorry that you can't get your hole. It's not my fault, as a woman who has done absolutely nothing to you.
30-04-2012, 22:15   #195
sunflower27
Closed Account

Gets popcorn
Thread Closed