Pep Guardiola to leave Barcelona - Page 11 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-04-2012, 04:54   #151
Optimalprimerib

Hopefully he doesn't end up at some **** team like Liverpool or Chelsea and get sacked after two games because results don't go his way. He would probably be better off staying in Spain where he understands the game.

It would be interesting to see how good he really is by managing a different style of team though.
Advertisement
28-04-2012, 05:08   #152
aaronh007

Send a message via Yahoo to aaronh007 Send a message via Skype™ to aaronh007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimalprimerib View Post
It would be interesting to see how good he really is by managing a different style of team though.
Not necessarily on here, but I have seen a lot of people say that over the last 20 odd hours and I'm not entirely sure why, for the simple fact that the way Barça have played over the last 4 years was almost entirely Pep's doing.

The Barça style, while being that of tiki-taka nature, Pep completely overhauled it to his style. The high, quick pressing, hunting the ball back in packs, retreating a few yards so as to compact the space for the opposition in possession of the ball... these are all traits of Guardiola's tactics rather than Barcelona's. If you watch a match pre-Guardiola era, Barcelona are a different kettle of fish, despite the main attacking trio being similar.

Given the time to settle, I think he could easily do a job for any team in any league. The club I'd love for him to go to is Arsenal. They have a similar football philosophy and I think he would fit right in there. Although, he might do a Wenger and start stealing our kids as well :/
28-04-2012, 09:19   #153
kryogen

They are all traits of Bielsa's character, which Pep, having been inspired by the tactics, applied to Barcelona so brilliantly
28-04-2012, 10:27   #154
Sgt Pepper 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimalprimerib View Post
Hopefully he doesn't end up at some **** team like Liverpool or Chelsea and get sacked after two games because results don't go his way. He would probably be better off staying in Spain where he understands the game.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...l-control.html
28-04-2012, 10:33   #155
event

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarnes1 View Post
He seems like a classy fella. Too good for the premiership.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Alan View Post

Agreed.
so where does that leave?

Italy? Such a truthful and pure league.
Advertisement
28-04-2012, 10:58   #156
mike65
Closed Account

I think he'd elevate the Premier League like Wenger did before he got a bit obsessive. Pure snobbery to suggest otherwise
Thanks from:
29-04-2012, 17:54   #157
flyswatter
Closed Account

18-06-2012, 21:52   #158
Nuri Sahin
Banned

Send a message via Skype™ to Nuri Sahin
Bild to run with Bayern in negotiations with Guardiola to take over for Heynckes in 2013 as their cover story tomorrow.
18-06-2012, 21:56   #159
Bodhisopha

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ade- View Post
Bild to run with Bayern in negotiations with Guardiola to take over for Heynckes in 2013 as their cover story tomorrow.
It would be an interesting one, for sure. Wouldn't damage his legacy if he took a few titles there while doing nothing spectacular in the CL.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion