Recommend an Iron Supplement - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

23-04-2012, 12:27   #1
paky
Banned

Recommend an Iron Supplement

Can anyone recommend a good iron supplement?
Advertisement
29-04-2012, 14:14   #2
blatantrereg

Supplements for iron specifically seem difficult to find, so a multivitamin with high iron content and low calcium seems like a good alternative.

I take Lucovitaal multi a-z 50+ with q10 sometimes. It has 100% rda of iron, vitamin c, and 5% rda calcium.

Calcium competes with iron for absorption (and you typically eat a lot more calcium than iron), so this was a key in my choice. I dont know to what extent it matters really, but it seems like a good idea to avoid it being a factor at all.
16-05-2012, 00:46   #3
DeesWholefoods

Natural Iron Supplements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blatantrereg View Post
Supplements for iron specifically seem difficult to find, so a multivitamin with high iron content and low calcium seems like a good alternative.

I take Lucovitaal multi a-z 50+ with q10 sometimes. It has 100% rda of iron, vitamin c, and 5% rda calcium.

Calcium competes with iron for absorption (and you typically eat a lot more calcium than iron), so this was a key in my choice. I dont know to what extent it matters really, but it seems like a good idea to avoid it being a factor at all.
http://www.nelsonsnaturalworld.com/e...rands/spatone/ Spatone is a good natural iron supplement, which is easier on your stomach than other ones.
(2) thanks from:
16-05-2012, 01:22   #4
blatantrereg

Cool. Oddly I did notice I felt nauseated after using the supplement I mentioned a few times since posting about it here (never had previously). Pharmaton made me sick before too...

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion