Bass Fishing: Oysterhaven/ kinsale/ courmacsherry - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

20-04-2012, 16:39   #1
Ned_led16

Bass Fishing: Oysterhaven/ kinsale/ courmacsherry

Hi there,
can someone tell me how where when with what can u catch bass!
i know theres a technique to it.

(1) Can u use a multiuplier reel - im buying a new set up so maybe just buy normal reel
(2) I normally just go for mackarel or ling if im lucky

i know 3 lads who are into it but wont see them for a while & i know that you need special bait - speacial spot - leave it sit on the sea floor and strike??

interested boat fishing bass!!! really sick of pollock - such a crap fish unless its deep fat fried which is unhealthy!
Advertisement
22-04-2012, 04:10   #2
FanadMan

Don't know how you can say Pollock is a crap fish.....made a load of fishcakes with some Pollock I caught on Friday. And there is so much more that can be done with it. Is great in a fishpie, smoked, baked. But def best when fried
22-04-2012, 11:31   #3
mattcullen

Don't know that area but I've heard its good for bass. Generally if bait fishing people aim to cast to the third breaker on a beach with a bit of a surf running with lug, crab or razorclam. Or find a shallow rough ground mark (be prepared to lose tackle) and lob a chunk of peeler crab into a gulley. Check outh Sea Angling Ireland forum and you'll get loads of info from those who know the area I'd say
22-04-2012, 11:39   #4
jd
A Rod Metro

If you have your own boat this may whet your appetite. Have a look at JimC's posts on SAI.
Thanks from:
28-04-2012, 17:05   #5
Ned_led16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanadMan View Post
Don't know how you can say Pollock is a crap fish.....made a load of fishcakes with some Pollock I caught on Friday. And there is so much more that can be done with it. Is great in a fishpie, smoked, baked. But def best when fried
didnt think of that! fish cakes ... hmmm nice 1!

but still my question is - does having a boat serve any advantage for bass fishing??

Last edited by Ned_led16; 29-04-2012 at 11:28.
Advertisement
28-04-2012, 18:53   #6
Patolagola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned_led16 View Post
Hi there,

(1) Can u use a multiuplier reel - im buying a new set up so maybe just buy normal reel

i know 3 lads who are into it but wont see them for a while & i know that you need special bait - speacial spot - leave it sit on the sea floor and strike??

interested boat fishing bass!!! really sick of pollock - such a crap fish unless its deep fat fried which is unhealthy!
"Can u use a multiuplier reel" Stick with fixed spool, multis are for distance casting and bass are never more than 40 meters from the shore. Iv caught 7lbs fish by lobbing it only 20 feet.

Iv never done boat bassing but shore bassing is great fun if you hook a nice one. They put up a hell of a fight.
23-05-2012, 14:05   #7
tonytoc11

Whats he using in that video above? I do a bit of spinning off the rocks where he's fishing there.
23-05-2012, 20:35   #8
damagegt

savage gear soft plastics, paddle tails and slug eels.
23-05-2012, 22:04   #9
stylie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned_led16 View Post
Hi there,

They are off season now so you have to wait till June 15th

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion