Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread - Page 84 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

22-04-2012, 21:37   #1246
Colm!
Closed Account

maybe the slow, drawn out study of any book with long, winding notes about literary genre can ruin any book... but I dunno. Wuthering Heights just tells the story of several people wasting their lives.
Advertisement
22-04-2012, 22:04   #1247
Jackobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glee_GG View Post
Be happy you didn't do The Book Thief! Theres only 3 people in our class that actually like it, its so so bad.
Woah! I adore that book too... Surprised that so few liked it. It is one of the most emotionally touching reads I've experienced.
22-04-2012, 23:40   #1248
CookieMonster.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackobyte View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glee_GG View Post
Be happy you didn't do The Book Thief! Theres only 3 people in our class that actually like it, its so so bad.
Woah! I adore that book too... Surprised that so few liked it. It is one of the most emotionally touching reads I've experienced.
Yeh I loved it too! I think whoever posted about studying a novel in so much detail can ruin it is right though. My teacher loves The Grass is Singing but I don't think anyone in our class does. I suppose she did give us like an essay a night to do on it to make sure we were reading it.. I swear the chapters were on average at least 25 pages long with very small writing. I love reading but I just really dislike it!
I can't wait until the day I never have to study English again..
23-04-2012, 00:14   #1249
Slow Show

I loved Wuthering Heights when I read it a year ago. Now, with every chapter summary I do, I hate it more and more. Same thing happened with every other book I've ever studied in school.

I can't imagine ever growing to hate some books on the course e.g. The Book Thief, Never Let Me Go but I suppose stranger things have happened.
28-04-2012, 16:08   #1250
bornablonde

Four weeks of 5th year left. Cant believe it! Anyone heading to Irish College during the summer?
Advertisement
28-04-2012, 16:10   #1251
Colm!
Closed Account

Yeah buddy! Going to Coláiste Cúram for the fourth (and sadly, last) year. Only thing that'll keep me going this summer.
28-04-2012, 16:17   #1252
bornablonde

Cool! Going to Chorca Dhuibhne myself for the first time. Tad nervous to say the least. Should come in handy for the oral next year though. I hope!
28-04-2012, 16:40   #1253
smurphy11

any of you lads do technology?
01-05-2012, 16:34   #1254
deise_girl

Lads.
Now I know loads of yee are gonna tell me yee do basically nothing other than homework, and a load more are going to tell me "quality over quantity", but I really need/want to find some motivation to study.
I think if I heard all your crazy amount of time spent studying it would scare me into doing more work(Nothing like a bit of stress to get the brain juices flowing)
Heck, anything you're doing that yee find is keeping yee on top of it all? Studying a certain way, organising a certain way... doing anything!!

Your help is muchly appreciated
Signed,
Your future competition for Leaving Cert points.
Advertisement
01-05-2012, 16:55   #1255
seriouslysweet

Feel free to mail me with any questions, hoping I do well this year. Not stressed yet and well on target for med with my mocks, it is possible to do very well easily enough but it involves using some of the work Summer before 6th year. Also, will be giving away all my notes if ye want them in the West. Best of luck!
01-05-2012, 17:36   #1256
decisions
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriouslysweet View Post
Feel free to mail me with any questions, hoping I do well this year. Not stressed yet and well on target for med with my mocks, it is possible to do very well easily enough but it involves using some of the work Summer before 6th year. Also, will be giving away all my notes if ye want them in the West. Best of luck!
What subjects do you do?
01-05-2012, 19:59   #1257
BrittneyC_xo

Switched off my phone, & 'deactivated' my Facebook until after the Leaving.. and I still can't focus enough and study.. Aha, and trying to learn essays on Soils while watching Hollyoaks is down right depressing!

Then again, there was a girl in my LC Geo class who tried to find USA on a Map of Europe today.. makes me feel a little better to know I'm not THAT bad at Geography!
02-05-2012, 22:17   #1258
ismisekatie
Closed Account

okay.. in fifth year and recently started using boards because my friend swears by it :L but... im starting to freak out about next year tbh!!! i guess this is the place to find people who feel the same, eh?
02-05-2012, 22:40   #1259
0mega

Quote:
Originally Posted by deise_girl View Post
Lads.
Now I know loads of yee are gonna tell me yee do basically nothing other than homework, and a load more are going to tell me "quality over quantity", but I really need/want to find some motivation to study.
I think if I heard all your crazy amount of time spent studying it would scare me into doing more work(Nothing like a bit of stress to get the brain juices flowing)
Heck, anything you're doing that yee find is keeping yee on top of it all? Studying a certain way, organising a certain way... doing anything!!

Signed,
Generally thinking about the orals next year or having a look at the HPAT thread scares me into doing a good few hours of studying.
(2) thanks from:
02-05-2012, 23:50   #1260
tahina

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0mega View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by deise_girl View Post
Lads.

Signed,
Generally thinking about the orals next year or having a look at the HPAT thread scares me into doing a good few hours of studying.
Get a picture of somthing u really want in the future a bugatti veyron?? A house by the sea?? Designer clothes?? Watever makes u tick and get a picture of dat dream house car lifestyle ect and look At it every day and say im gona get dat thing because im gonna study really hard and get to wer i wanna go in life and be the person i aspire ta be then the study will come easy never doubt urself dats the first and last step to failure
Thanks from:
Thread Closed