8x18 'Body and Soul' [US] **Spoilers** - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

24-04-2012, 17:43   #1
The Black Oil

8x18 'Body and Soul' [US] **Spoilers**

I generally liked this one, though the whole religion/science thing wasn't anything new. I still find the Park/Chase thing funny.

House's domestic life is still a mess - another failed relationship.

Poor Wilson. That came out of nowhere. It does reek a little, though, as said in one review, 'hey, we're near the end, ergo, big twist'. I guess now we know why next week's episode is called 'The C Word'...
Advertisement
24-04-2012, 18:17   #2
ScrubsfanChris

The boy floated on the bed and then not explaining it felt a bit stupid for the House universe.

I know this sounds a bit dark, but I can see House attempting suicide again if things get any worse, Wilsons death might just push him over the edge.
The last episode is called "Everybody Dies" after all.
(2) thanks from:
25-04-2012, 00:33   #3
Somnus

Really enjoyed this weeks episode. I always love the one's where we see House with some regrets, or a bit of an emotional aspect.
I predicted Dominique finding out and leaving, but still at the endI just wanted House to stop her and tell her that he likes her.

Didn't see Wilson's reveal coming at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrubsfanChris View Post

I know this sounds a bit dark, but I can see House attempting suicide again if things get any worse, Wilsons death might just push him over the edge.
The last episode is called "Everybody Dies" after all.
I totally agree. Between losing Dominique, Wilson, and his team seeming less and less dependant on him, I could totally see it going this way.
25-04-2012, 08:50   #4
Jacksquat

Wilson was a real twist, did not see that coming at all. I agree with Scrubsfanchris about the levitating. They should have had an explanation for it somehow.
25-04-2012, 09:57   #5
squonk

Send a message via MSN to squonk Send a message via Skype™ to squonk
A lot happened in that episode. I like the Park and chase thing. It's funny indeed! As for the levitating, I kinda forgot that with everything else that happened. The POTW storyline was a bit BS though. My take on it was that it could have been a spiritual thing or the Ibuprofen. I took it to mean that to House, maybe not everything is scientifically explainable and perhaps it's an indicator to him that he's not alwasy right and can't use deduction to solve everything, and I know he wasn't comfortable with that.

In the context of Dominique moving out and poor Wilson, and the fact that his team are becoming able themselves, perhaps it's just another indicator that he's losing control of his world. That couild have consequences, like suicide for him. Next time he might just get it right.

I'm kind of sorry in a way. I wanted to see House end up finally happy and it looked like things were going that way. Now it looks like his world is falling apart worse than ever before so the next few episodes could be quite rough.

I'm not sure Dominique would have stayed even if he'd have asked her to?
Advertisement
25-04-2012, 10:45   #6
The Black Oil

When did House attempt suicide before? I can't recall.

For a second there I thought they were writing it so that he was going to hang on to Dominique and make her out to be somehow half his intellectual match/make him more interesting for him.
25-04-2012, 16:00   #7
gavmcg92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Poca View Post
I totally agree. Between losing Dominique, Wilson, and his team seeming less and less dependant on him, I could totally see it going this way.
I agree. I think right from the beginning of this season I expected with end on a sour note.
25-04-2012, 16:03   #8
gavmcg92

With FOX being as conservative as it is... will we see this season end on a suicide? I agree though... I think the only acceptable way to end a series like house is on a sour note and in this case I would see it fit for house to kill himself while his world collapses around him.
25-04-2012, 18:02   #9
The Black Oil

I don't think Fox will have much influence over what David Shore and co. want to say or do in the finale. Not the business execs anyway.
Advertisement
25-04-2012, 23:18   #10
omniscient_toad

I was really confused by that one, I was absolutely sure at some point they'd latch onto the mysterious neurological symptoms the boy was experiencing which were attributed to demons and (,according to the grandfather,) the out of character act of madness by the father in killing someone with a sledgehammer out of nowhere which was also attributed to demons. I had assumed that someone would have a lightbulb moment and see through the common thread of possession to an underlying shared genetic neurological disorder and they'd not only save the child but possibly end up having the father freed/retried. I was completely wrong .

Like someone else said, the levitation bit was very odd, it seemed bizarre not to have House down there interrogating the grandfather, planting hidden cameras and dismantling the bed in search of high powered electromagnets. Perhaps it was supposed to signify the distraction caused by his emerging feelings for his faux-wife.
26-04-2012, 14:59   #11
The Black Oil

Interview with Hugh Laurie here. He references Spoiler: suicide, but who knows...

Possible spoilers in the link.

http://www.npr.org/2012/04/25/151354...o-pain-no-gain

Last edited by The Black Oil; 26-04-2012 at 15:49.
26-04-2012, 15:45   #12
witnessmenow

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Oil View Post
Could you please spoiler these things.
26-04-2012, 18:46   #13
The Black Oil

Sorry, yep. Wasn't thinking there.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic