Repeats repeats - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

23-04-2012, 22:57   #1
Iceboy

Repeats repeats

Okay guys basically I kind of made a balls of my first year in college, I failed 4 out of 6 subjects in semester 1 and it looks like i mite be failin 2 out of 5 in semester 2

Can i repeat these in the summer or do i have to do the year over again :/
Advertisement
24-04-2012, 17:08   #2
LaughingJoker91

I think it depends on the specific module. Best to email the lecturer.
25-04-2012, 11:36   #3
Xios

Send a message via MSN to Xios
I'm fairly sure you can do repeat exams in august for them all. But even if you pass them all, you still need a GPA of at least 1.66 (?) to progress into second year, you gotta repeat some subjects next year to bring your GPA up i think.

If you get all D's in first year, you're not allowed to continue cause of the low gpa.

Don't quote me on this though
01-07-2012, 00:16   #4
Block G Raptor

Send a message via MSN to Block G Raptor
Anyone know what the story with repeats if ya still have fees outstanding and also whats the story with repeating 100% CA Modules
04-07-2012, 14:44   #5
Chief_Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xios View Post
I'm fairly sure you can do repeat exams in august for them all. But even if you pass them all, you still need a GPA of at least 1.66 (?) to progress into second year, you gotta repeat some subjects next year to bring your GPA up i think.

If you get all D's in first year, you're not allowed to continue cause of the low gpa.

Don't quote me on this though
I was recently in contact with a lecturer about how this all works. You do need a certain level GPA but its 2.00 not 1.66 to progress. Or is for my course anyways but I am pretty sure its a standard for the whole place.

If you got an F you need to repeat the subject in August, end of. Some repeats will be 100% on a written exam, some will give you some C.A tests to do as well as a written exam. If you get a D you can get compensatory pass and not repeat it but to do so you need to have a GPA above 2.0 and have at least one B in another module.

I literally was in talks with a lecturer yesterday about this so this is accurate.
Advertisement
04-07-2012, 20:01   #6
LaughingJoker91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief_Jack View Post
I was recently in contact with a lecturer about how this all works. You do need a certain level GPA but its 2.00 not 1.66 to progress. Or is for my course anyways but I am pretty sure its a standard for the whole place.

If you got an F you need to repeat the subject in August, end of. Some repeats will be 100% on a written exam, some will give you some C.A tests to do as well as a written exam. If you get a D you can get compensatory pass and not repeat it but to do so you need to have a GPA above 2.0 and have at least one B in another module.

I literally was in talks with a lecturer yesterday about this so this is accurate.
Correct.

Although your GPA will be on your results, if it's not, you can calculate your own GPA by using this doc. This also shows the percentages for each grade
http://www.itb.ie/currentstudents/documents/4ras04.doc

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion