Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-04-2012, 07:40   #3526
Lawros Tache

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvbulmers01 View Post
Yeh i dont mind send it to a mod im sure hell see no problem with the pm i sent , i sent you a pm instead of derailing this thread which you seem determined to do for some reason

Anyway im out of here thanks for being so helpful.

I have indeed sent it to him.

I'm sure when he deciphers the grammatical and spelling errors and puts the punctuation back into the relevant places then he'll get back to us.
Advertisement
17-04-2012, 07:41   #3527
Lawros Tache

Quote:
Originally Posted by pada1981 View Post
i agree with you, lawros tache knows it all, in his opinion anyways and by the way its the only one that counts apparently
Coming from you pada, that's a compliment.
18-04-2012, 09:21   #3528
senordingdong

Good to see this place hasn't changed at all.

Everybody should chill out and take every post here with a pinch of salt.

Last edited by senordingdong; 18-04-2012 at 09:29.
18-04-2012, 10:02   #3529
pada1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by senordingdong View Post
Good to see this place hasn't changed at all.

Everybody should chill out and take every post here with a pinch of salt.
thats true, a few bitter 'jailers' on this that have become the stereo-typical 'jailer', bitter and twisted and know it all, sad really, i dont know why these people are on this, probably lonely when there not in work and have no life when outside of work. this thread is about helping people along in this very time consuming horrible process and giving advice, not personally attacking people.
18-04-2012, 10:10   #3530
senordingdong

Quote:
thats true, a few bitter 'jailers' on this that have become the stereo-typical 'jailer', bitter and twisted and know it all, sad really, i dont know why these people are on this, probably lonely when there not in work and have no life when outside of work. this thread is about helping people along in this very time consuming horrible process and giving advice, not personally attacking people.
It's funny that if you read back through the thread, between the noise, there is a constant repetition of a rookie asking a question, an old dog giving an answering, and an argument of crossed wires following.

But then again it's definitely an accurate representation of how the jails are so maybe it's for the best.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
19-04-2012, 12:55   #3531
pada1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by senordingdong View Post
It's funny that if you read back through the thread, between the noise, there is a constant repetition of a rookie asking a question, an old dog giving an answering, and an argument of crossed wires following.

But then again it's definitely an accurate representation of how the jails are so maybe it's for the best.

i disagree, maybe its the condensending attitude when certain people answer. 99% of staff are more than willing to give 'rookies' a small bit of respect and help them as best they can and then you have the 1% of staff that forget that they were ever 'rookies' and are bitter about getting over looked for promotion.
19-04-2012, 13:23   #3532
senordingdong

Quote:
i disagree, maybe its the condensending attitude when certain people answer. 99% of staff are more than willing to give 'rookies' a small bit of respect and help them as best they can and then you have the 1% of staff that forget that they were ever 'rookies' and are bitter about getting over looked for promotion.
Well I meant more about the 'not talking back to your seniors' carry on.
19-04-2012, 17:33   #3533
Yourwellcum

Quote:
99% of rookies are quite happy to take any advice given to them and then make up their own mind if its good or bad. There is always that 1% that think they know it all because they are either jail pups or just pups full stop. Its not just senior staff who can be bitter
(3) thanks from:
20-04-2012, 22:58   #3534
brat74

Its not that senior staff are bitter, they have just seen it all before and just have no interest whatsoever any more. They dont ignore new people on purpose, they just hardly even notice them. Recruits will learn soon enough by just watching the senior staff. The job just becomes second nature and you run on auto pilot eventually. And from my own experience, 99.9% of the staff who are playing the big hard man in front of so called rookies, are more than likely not in the job a wet week themselves. So, anyone thats joining, all the best, every day is a school day, new staff are badly needed and will be welcomed. And if it does "kick off" dont try to be rambo, just be quietly confident in your ability and do what you have to without any fuss or bravado and you will be fine. Good luck to all..
Advertisement
21-04-2012, 01:52   #3535
cordub

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat74 View Post
Its not that senior staff are bitter, they have just seen it all before and just have no interest whatsoever any more. They dont ignore new people on purpose, they just hardly even notice them. Recruits will learn soon enough by just watching the senior staff. The job just becomes second nature and you run on auto pilot eventually. And from my own experience, 99.9% of the staff who are playing the big hard man in front of so called rookies, are more than likely not in the job a wet week themselves. So, anyone thats joining, all the best, every day is a school day, new staff are badly needed and will be welcomed. And if it does "kick off" dont try to be rambo, just be quietly confident in your ability and do what you have to without any fuss or bravado and you will be fine. Good luck to all..
I agree brat , after you are 20 years + in the job you work on auto pilot and have no interest whatsoever in playing the hard man leave that to the stupid young fellas you get more sense as you come to realise theres no point, the name of the game at this stage is to get in to work do your time as quietly as possible and go home in one piece
23-04-2012, 14:34   #3536
cappojc

well lads, any post arrive for anyone? I am away at the moment so cant check letterbox.. Following this thread a good while , only posting now cause interview went well. Thought i could see the light at end of tunnel ..anyone any info? even a whisper.....
23-04-2012, 20:24   #3537
pada1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat74 View Post
i never said all senior staff in jails are bitter, all i said was there are some bitter jailers on this thread that are too quick to ****e all over comments left by people with less service than them, but i agree with everything else you said
23-04-2012, 23:58   #3538
killabban182

We have all come across bitter jailers during work, possibly some people are getting bitter very early in their service, thankfully I think most would help out a fellow worker, (from my experience ) . I also think that for anyone following this thread who are hoping to join the prison service most jailers who are bitter its caused by the SYSTEM, its not because they hate to see new officers coming in. I think if people in the job want to bitch on about the job, it should be on a different thread not this one as some things being said is very negative and don't give a true reflection of work in a prison. There are people following this tread who know very little about working in a prison and this thread is not as helpful as it could be. On a personal level I enjoy going to work bar the pay cuts in the last few years.

Last edited by killabban182; 24-04-2012 at 00:08.
(2) thanks from:
24-04-2012, 09:00   #3539
senordingdong

Yeah, it's definitely not all bad.
Thanks from:
24-04-2012, 23:28   #3540
bitter_lemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by killabban182 View Post
We have all come across bitter jailers during work, possibly some people are getting bitter very early in their service, thankfully I think most would help out a fellow worker, (from my experience ) . I also think that for anyone following this thread who are hoping to join the prison service most jailers who are bitter its caused by the SYSTEM, its not because they hate to see new officers coming in. I think if people in the job want to bitch on about the job, it should be on a different thread not this one as some things being said is very negative and don't give a true reflection of work in a prison. There are people following this tread who know very little about working in a prison and this thread is not as helpful as it could be. On a personal level I enjoy going to work bar the pay cuts in the last few years.
yeah and that is why i don't post anymore. i think when you first come in you are unaware of how "the system" effects you. its only after time you realise how futile it is complaining especially now with the way management has turned in the past few years. what with the inspector of prisons and ombudspeople i can understand why management are running scared. every i has to be dotted and every t needs to be crossed. it has come to the times that prison officers are on trial for disciplinary reasons because of an inmates words.
no p19s are done anymore. whats the point? the new pims system is great! the governors are happy. the inmates are happy - that is all that matters.

i understand we are moulding a new breed of prison officer but i'm sorry when you used to be able to give them a hiding those were the good days. now you can't touch them and they are given a playstation for throwing **** at officers to placate them.

i watched an officer get walked to the gate this evening on disciplinary charges and that was enough for me. it broke the camels back! someone who was a good officer and had a lot of experience and service.

and when i look at my wage slip on my first year and realise i was earning more than all these years later now it disgusts me.

good luck to them. i will do little and have no interest in the job. they have taken everything away from me. i can barely afford my mortgage now.

the guards feel the same. i don't care anymore. they don't care anymore. its a wonder ireland has not gone into anarchy.

i wonder when people rely on our public services what do they expect?

so thank you alan shatter - yes you are right - morale is high

this is the new liberal world they speak of and to take cheap shots at eachother here is petty and futile. you have plenty of colleagues to soundboard off.

for this reason killabban what you said is right. i was a bit confused about this thread. was it for new recruits or seasoned officers? it seems to be advice for new officers and i have no place here.

also i can understand we are in a recession and new recruits that have come in in the last year or so are happy and grateful to have a job. we have to look at the other side of the coin.

for these reasons this thread does not interest me much.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion