€11.5 million settlement as a result of uninsured driver - Page 19 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

22-04-2012, 19:54   #271
bananarama22
Banned

Will this woman be allowed to drive the car now if she gets an adapted one from the state? At the very least she should have a driving ban and have to resit her exam again.
Advertisement
22-04-2012, 20:13   #272
RoverJames
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananarama22 View Post
............. At the very least she should have a driving ban and have to resit her exam again.
I agree with the driving ban, anyone driving without insurance should get one and they generally do. Don't see the need for a resit of a driving test tbh.
22-04-2012, 20:13   #273
bananarama22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unklerosco View Post
My mams friend has 2 children that are now in their 20's that need round the clock care, she works her ass off for them, she's spent the last year fund raising to get her daughter to the states for an operation that she desperately needs... It wasn't through her negligence that her children will need to be cared for for the rest of their lives, where's their €11 million... Where's the rest of the families in similar situations €11 million...

I don't get this, from RTE "Ms Kennedy was uninsured at the time. The system used in court saw the case taken by the child's grandfather - against Ms Kennedy."

hear, hear
22-04-2012, 21:23   #274
TheChizler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertakill View Post

Firstly, she has been found to have committed a crime and also confessed to it... so why is she exempt from punishment exactly?
Just because she's paralysed her child does not mean she should be made exempt from any laws she's broken.

Secondly, for everyone defending her - how would you feel if she was driving on her own in her own car, uninsured, and her concentration magically lapsed again and, god forbid, she hit you head on and your son was left paralysed for life.
Do you think she should be brought in front of a court over the fact she was driving illegally?

Also, people seem to think that driving insured and uninsured are exactly the same.
They're not.
If I don't have insurance on my car or if I couldn't afford it, I wouldn't drive it - end of.
I wouldn't dream of taking it out uninsured.
If this mother used that kind of common sense, her son would be unaffected.
I'm not stating any opinion on what I think should happen or if she was right or wrong to be uninsured. I'm pointing out what we know as fact and how it affects other drivers.
26-04-2012, 12:31   #275
signostic

From AH Thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2056612846

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDream View Post
This was posted on Facebook. I'm not sure if it's a legitimate account or not so maybe someone else can shed some light.

TOO ALL THOSE WHO THINK THERE INSURANCE WILL GO UP COS OF MY SONS CLAME, UR IDIOTS, IT WONT, HIS MONEY CAME FROM THE 'MIBI' OF IRELAND. ITS A SEPERATE ORGANISATION TO INSURANCE COMPANYS AND THE MONEY HAS BEEN SITTING THERE FOR YEARS WAITING FOR SUMONE TO CLAME IT AND MY SON DID AND HE BLOODY DISERVES IT AFTER THE TORTURE HE WENT TRU. OK. LONG MAY HE LIVE !!!!!!!!! feckin begrudgers!!!! nutin else worrying them but insurance isnt it well for them, without that money he wont get proper treatment, and with that money he can eventualy go over seas for stemcell life changing treatment so F*^# the begrudgers!!!!

Link

Probably not the smartest move either.
Advertisement
26-04-2012, 12:46   #276
el diablo

What a cúnt. I feel sorry for the poor kid. (Assuming it's not a hoax).
26-04-2012, 12:58   #277
yllw.ldbttr

If that FB post is legitimate then... WOW... just wow.
26-04-2012, 13:01   #278
keithclancy

Not only can she not drive, it appears she cannot spell either.

What a tard.
26-04-2012, 13:03   #279
Guy:Incognito

Probably should have put my post in the more serious of the 2 threads :-)

I see her friends are like minded anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facebook
Paddy Kilbane i dont bother with insurance so its grand haha!!
28 minutes ago · 1

Sure lets all have a laugh and joke about it.
The childs welfare is clearly at the front of all their minds

I think that post on Facebook gives a bit of an insight in to the mind of the woman that caused the child all the hurt but doesnt accept any of the blame.
Advertisement
26-04-2012, 14:05   #280
MargeS

Quote:
Originally Posted by signostic View Post
From AH Thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2056612846
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDream
This was posted on Facebook. I'm not sure if it's a legitimate account or not so maybe someone else can shed some light.

TOO ALL THOSE WHO THINK THERE INSURANCE WILL GO UP COS OF MY SONS CLAME, UR IDIOTS, IT WONT, HIS MONEY CAME FROM THE 'MIBI' OF IRELAND. ITS A SEPERATE ORGANISATION TO INSURANCE COMPANYS AND THE MONEY HAS BEEN SITTING THERE FOR YEARS WAITING FOR SUMONE TO CLAME IT AND MY SON DID AND HE BLOODY DISERVES IT AFTER THE TORTURE HE WENT TRU. OK. LONG MAY HE LIVE !!!!!!!!! feckin begrudgers!!!! nutin else worrying them but insurance isnt it well for them, without that money he wont get proper treatment, and with that money he can eventualy go over seas for stemcell life changing treatment so F*^# the begrudgers!!!!

Link

Probably not the smartest move either.
And where does she think MIBI got the money???

Oh ya! Magic... I forgot.
26-04-2012, 20:53   #281
Damien360

I had a look at the link. I don't think that is the same person.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion