Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

19-04-2012, 14:06   #9706
Groinshot

There's a guy, has been in here every day this week before me, leaves at ten am, comes back around 11:15, leaves at 11:30 and comes back when I;m on lunch, and leaves again around 2, and picks up his stuff at like half 5...
What a dick.
Advertisement
19-04-2012, 18:40   #9707
Larianne

'Sniffers' in the library. Blow your nose god damn it!
19-04-2012, 18:51   #9708
Kez1

what really písses me off... People spending their whole time on facebook. Now I know it's a stressful time and all, but taking up a space and spending four hours (as the guy next to me did today) facebook chatting... WTF??

It's unfair on those coming in looking for a place to STUDY as the 24hr room is meant to be used. Also it's extremely distracting for others. I had to turn away from him cos it was distracting. I don't mind a few mins but seriously, four hours? Just go home and sit the repeats.
19-04-2012, 20:23   #9709
true-or-false

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleFistMixer View Post
I was responding to a scenario where the desk was either unoccupied for "hours on end" or a total of 1.5 hours in the day, where the difference is the length of time for which the desk is unoccupied. Hence my answer. I don't see how this is disputable.
I get that the length of time is the difference, but what I was looking for was an explanation of how an hour and a half is acceptable to some people here as an amount of time to leave your desk, whereas many hours is completely inconsiderate. I'm genuinely interested as to what the reasoning is (other than the shorter time is the amount of time they like to take).
19-04-2012, 20:54   #9710
Lisandro

Quote:
Originally Posted by true-or-false View Post
I get that the length of time is the difference, but what I was looking for was an explanation of how an hour and a half is acceptable to some people here as an amount of time to leave your desk, whereas many hours is completely inconsiderate. I'm genuinely interested as to what the reasoning is (other than the shorter time is the amount of time they like to take).
I'd like to suggest that the matter is not so much the total amount of time spent on breaks in a single day, but more whether that time is reasonable. I have no problem with someone taking short breaks every few hours because there's nothing wrong with taking a little bit of time to recover and refuel before going back to work. The issue with someone who takes one hour-long break over the course of an entire day is that it's no longer taking a quick breather, but is now a major gap in the desk's usage, at which point it's no longer reasonable to expect someone else not to use it. In that sense, the two partitions (the first a number of short breaks and the second one long break) are not equivalent.

Mind you, a break for half an hour is in taking the piss territory. Anything beyond twenty minutes is really pushing it.
Advertisement
19-04-2012, 21:09   #9711
Dónal
Category Moderator

That zero instead of the O in the Library's "ATTENTI0N" sign really annoys me every time I see it.
20-04-2012, 15:44   #9712
languagenerd

Non-library-related rant... I hate people who go through the 10-items-or-less self-service tills with a weeks's worth of shopping.
Thanks from:
20-04-2012, 17:53   #9713
FloatingVoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by languagenerd View Post
Non-library-related rant... I hate people who go through the 10-items-or-less self-service tills with a weeks's worth of shopping.
...or get surprised when asked to pay for said goods at at cashier till, fumble for change, then choose to pay with a card (whose PIN they forget)....(as queue of muderous people mount slowly but surely behind them).

Last edited by FloatingVoter; 20-04-2012 at 17:56.
22-04-2012, 15:14   #9714
splnaiven

G'day Mates,

The names Johnno, and I hate every single one of youse. All of youse are dipstick, bogan, bludgers who spend every second of their day looking at stupid arse pictures. You are everything **** in the world. True Blue, have any of you ever had a root? I mean, I reckon it's fun taking the piss out of people because of your own bull****, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even more ****ed than wanking to pictures on facebook.

Don't be a ****in' swagman. Just hit me full on deadset. I'm pretty much Fair dinkum. I was captain of the footy team, and I'm built like a brick ****house. What sports do you play, other than "Crack a fat to naked drawn Chinkys"? I also can skull a whole longneck in 10 seconds, and have a beaut sheila (We just had a root; **** was SO cash). You are all dole bludgers who should just go the outback with no water. Thanks for lending an ear.

Pic Related: It's me and me sheila

(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
22-04-2012, 15:14   #9715
splnaiven

G'day Mates,

The names Johnno, and I hate every single one of youse. All of youse are dipstick, bogan, bludgers who spend every second of their day looking at stupid arse pictures. You are everything **** in the world. True Blue, have any of you ever had a root? I mean, I reckon it's fun taking the piss out of people because of your own bull****, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even more ****ed than wanking to pictures on facebook.

Don't be a ****in' swagman. Just hit me full on deadset. I'm pretty much Fair dinkum. I was captain of the footy team, and I'm built like a brick ****house. What sports do you play, other than "Crack a fat to naked drawn Chinkys"? I also can skull a whole longneck in 10 seconds, and have a beaut sheila (We just had a root; **** was SO cash). You are all dole bludgers who should just go the outback with no water. Thanks for lending an ear.

Pic Related: It's me and me sheila

22-04-2012, 15:47   #9716
Jammyc

So good it was posted twice.
22-04-2012, 15:59   #9717
Hande hoche!

I must admit I was reading that in a stereotypical aussie voice in my head.
22-04-2012, 18:48   #9718
FloatingVoter

Very good post for a kangaroo. Who's the Sheila in the baseball cap ?
23-04-2012, 13:49   #9719
Lawliet

Why do people think it's okay to come into a room where the door is closed and then leave it open? Not only is there noise in the corridors, but it's freezing in here, the extra draft is not necessary.
23-04-2012, 17:50   #9720
The Black Oil

Back to the no motivation routine.
(3) thanks from:
Thread Closed