''Static'' caravan tax. Fair? - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
View Poll Results: Caravan tax
Tax caravans for non leisure use 20 68.97%
Don't tax caravans for non leisure use 2 6.90%
Feck off with yourself 7 24.14%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
18-04-2012, 12:50   #1
Phill Ewinn
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,957
''Static'' caravan tax. Fair?

The UK have introduced a static caravan tax. To my understanding it makes a caravan the same as a mobile home, tax wise.

PM has says it closes a loophole in the tax system but it's fair to say that a certain section of society here and there will be targeted by this tax. Not hobbyists or recreational users.

Do we agree with them in the UK? Should we follow suit?
Phill Ewinn is offline  
Advertisement
18-04-2012, 13:00   #2
jester77
Registered User
 
jester77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Hamburg
Posts: 7,916
If this 'van is rockin' then I'm not payin'
jester77 is offline  
Thanks from:
18-04-2012, 13:02   #3
Stark
Registered User
 
Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 16,400
Send a message via AIM to Stark
You can't be expecting ethnic minorities to be paying tax now.
Stark is offline  
18-04-2012, 13:03   #4
SEPT 23 1989
Registered User
 
SEPT 23 1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 17,168
Waste of time they pay no tax anyway and contribute nothing to society
SEPT 23 1989 is offline  
18-04-2012, 13:04   #5
DoesNotCompute
Registered User
 
DoesNotCompute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: ::1
Posts: 1,345
Define "leisure" use. Would Leisure Suit Larry be exempt?
DoesNotCompute is offline  
Advertisement
18-04-2012, 13:06   #6
Rabidlamb
Banned
 
Rabidlamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,169
Look a donkey.

Last edited by Rabidlamb; 18-04-2012 at 14:22. Reason: Giving the game away
Rabidlamb is offline  
Thanks from:
18-04-2012, 13:13   #7
Phill Ewinn
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabidlamb View Post
Mobile homes are exempt from any taxes at present in Ireland.
I know cause I own one.
Van-tastic. I'll mail blip hogan to tell him about this property tax loophole.
Phill Ewinn is offline  
18-04-2012, 13:34   #8
davet82
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,674
good luck to the poor fcukers who have to go knockin on caravan doors tryin to collect that tax
davet82 is offline  
(3) thanks from:
18-04-2012, 13:38   #9
Rabidlamb
Banned
 
Rabidlamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phill Ewinn View Post
Van-tastic. I'll mail blip hogan to tell him about this property tax loophole.
No letterbox, nobody there 90% of the time.
Council would have to find someone to work during the weekends in the summer, hmmmm.
Rabidlamb is offline  
Advertisement
18-04-2012, 13:45   #10
Krispie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabidlamb View Post
Mobile homes are exempt from any taxes at present in Ireland.
I know cause I own one.

Ah, another priceless victim. We'll let Filty Phil know and he can double up on your Household/Water/Static Caravan/Holiday home/waste collection/ Septic Tank taxes, which I'm sure as a law abiding Citizen you will only be too happy to cough up And sure what's more, if you have a 2nd abode for leisure, feck it, you can well afford to pay for it, like the rest of them. There travelling Wilbery houses are far more luxurious than my static bricks and mortor.
Krispie is offline  
18-04-2012, 14:03   #11
Cuddlesworth
Registered User
 
Cuddlesworth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 9,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by davet82 View Post
good luck to the poor fcukers who have to go knockin on caravan doors tryin to collect that tax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabidlamb View Post
No letterbox, nobody there 90% of the time.
Council would have to find someone to work during the weekends in the summer, hmmmm.
Its actually not a bad idea. Prove its taxed or have it seized. Also allows them to be tracked.
Cuddlesworth is offline  
18-04-2012, 14:05   #12
Wossack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 5,393
tax disk in the window, or have it towed, or exploded

could get the guys from Top Gear over to uphold it
Wossack is offline  
(2) thanks from:
18-04-2012, 14:06   #13
mikemac1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 10,770
I bet Phil Hogan is reading this thread
mikemac1 is offline  
18-04-2012, 14:08   #14
davet82
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuddlesworth View Post
Its actually not a bad idea. Prove its taxed or have it seized. Also allows them to be tracked.
not a bad idea i agree but who's collecting the tax, chuck norris maybe?
davet82 is offline  
18-04-2012, 14:09   #15
Rabidlamb
Banned
 
Rabidlamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krispie View Post
Ah, another priceless victim. We'll let Filty Phil know and he can double up on your Household/Water/Static Caravan/Holiday home/waste collection/ Septic Tank taxes, which I'm sure as a law abiding Citizen you will only be too happy to cough up And sure what's more, if you have a 2nd abode for leisure, feck it, you can well afford to pay for it, like the rest of them. There travelling Wilbery houses are far more luxurious than my static bricks and mortor.
Out of my cold dead hands he can pry my money.
Only way of getting names would be through the ESB, we still get billed for standing charge even when there's no usage.
Many owners run jennys so there'd be no record of them.
Rabidlamb is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet