The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389 - Page 429 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

18-04-2012, 12:57   #6421
Galvasean

Send a message via MSN to Galvasean
Guilty as charged.
Advertisement
18-04-2012, 13:25   #6422
Armaghmagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvasean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaghmagic View Post
I was thinking of leaving it until Sunday (as her first week back may be tough, with Juniour Cert practical exams on), and then calling her to find out what the story is. What do you think?

I just really like her and we have spoken about the way you have to ignore people on POF if you dont like their messages but I think we have gone beyond that stage of it being ok to ignore me??
Sounds like she has found somebody else or lost interest in you but is too cowardly to give you the time / decency to tell you. Happens a lot (and it's not exclusive to people you meet online either) these days. As Lotwan said, it takes a few seconds to take a text. If she's not willing to spare a precious minute of her life for you then she's being extremely rude and not worth your time.
And yes, it has gone well beyond the stage where it is okay for her to simply ignore you, but people can be rude dicks like that.
It's happened to a few times at this point. It sucks donkey balls when it happens, especially if thing had appeared to be going extremely well, but the best thing you can do is move on and forget her.
As an aside, personally I like to text them to tell them how rude they have been and how they lack common courtesy. It never achieves anything, but damn I don't like the idea of just letting them away with being so callous.
Yeah I was thinking I was being ignored alright but didn't want to admit it......in fairness when we were chatting about meeting up it could take her a day to txt back! I definitely can't leave it like this! If I hear nothing there will be contact made about how rude she is being, there is a real person with real feelings here! Nothing worse than plain bad manners.
18-04-2012, 13:37   #6423
That_Guy

Send a message via Skype™ to That_Guy
Quote:
Yeah I was thinking I was being ignored alright but didn't want to admit it......in fairness when we were chatting about meeting up it could take her a day to txt back! I definitely can't leave it like this! If I hear nothing there will be contact made about how rude she is being, there is a real person with real feelings here! Nothing worse than plain bad manners.
It sounds like she might be ignoring you mate. Sucks. It shouldn't be a case of you having to figure it out for yourself by "taking the hint". It should be a case of her having the decency to just let you know if she's interested or not.

It only takes a minute to send a text or give you a call to let you know where you stand instead of racking your brains about it.
18-04-2012, 14:02   #6424
Armaghmagic

Well im glad people see why I am annoyed / confused......a terrible thing to say but there are plenty off the site that I would love to have ignore me! Just the way life is I guess!

Well I have sent her a txt, and this is the jist of it:

"Hey Mary (fake name), I was just wondering why you have been ignoring my txts.....if you don't want to see me again then that is ok, I just think I deserve at least a text after collecting and dropping you from and to your house, taking you out for dinner, etc. I realise you may be busy with work but it should'nt take this long to reply. I basically just want to know where I stand as I do like you but can't wait around forever, you understand?"

A bit OTT or what do you guys think?
18-04-2012, 14:13   #6425
Galvasean

Chances are she wont reply to you, but with any luck you may have sewn some seeds in her mind so she might be a bit nicer to the next poor sap.
Advertisement
18-04-2012, 14:18   #6426
That_Guy

Seems like an alright text to me lad. Now stick in a few F Bombs and you're good to go.
18-04-2012, 14:28   #6427
Armaghmagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvasean View Post
Chances are she wont reply to you, but with any luck you may have sewn some seeds in her mind so she might be a bit nicer to the next poor sap.
Yeah I realise that but I have signed up to free txts to all networks so at least it cost me nothing
18-04-2012, 14:51   #6428
Armaghmagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Guy View Post
Seems like an alright text to me lad. Now stick in a few F Bombs and you're good to go.
Oh trust me I had to restrain myself

Not tarring all the ladies with the same brush, im sure this is an isolated incident.....if any wish to reinstate my trust in the female species feel free to PM me
18-04-2012, 15:07   #6429
andreac

Quote:
Oh trust me I had to restrain myself

Not tarring all the ladies with the same brush, im sure this is an isolated incident.....if any wish to reinstate my trust in the female species feel free to PM me
If its any consolation ive been through this several times recently with several different guys, being ignored after meeting up, its horrible.

A simple text isnt that hard to write to someone. You dont have to see the person ever again, its only a few words.

But on the other hand, the guy i met a month ago is lovely, we've met up twice and had a lovely time, been in touch everyday and hes great at keeping in contact. I have a good feeling about this one
Advertisement
18-04-2012, 15:11   #6430
Armaghmagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreac View Post
If its any consolation ive been through this several times recently with several different guys, being ignored after meeting up, its horrible.

A simple text isnt that hard to write to someone. You dont have to see the person ever again, its only a few words.

But on the other hand, the guy i met a month ago is lovely, we've met up twice and had a lovely time, been in touch everyday and hes great at keeping in contact. I have a good feeling about this one
Well it is good to hear a success story to keep the spirits up so thanks and I hope it works out for you

It will be interesting to see what she replies with (if anything which is unlikely). There are POF in the sea so I guess I will just have to polish the rod (no innuendo meant) and add some new bait!
18-04-2012, 15:35   #6431
LoTwan

Regardless of the llama guy I have turned my profiles off. I need a few days to clear my head

Armaghmagic... I'm sorry she messed you around. It's not nice, at all.
18-04-2012, 15:37   #6432
That_Guy

Quote:
I guess I will just have to polish the rod (no innuendo meant) and add some new bait!
My tagline is "Just sticking my rod out there so apologise you need not.
(2) thanks from:
18-04-2012, 15:47   #6433
Armaghmagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Guy View Post
My tagline is "Just sticking my rod out there so apologise you need not.
Love it.......has cheered my day up no end
18-04-2012, 16:00   #6434
BraziliaNZ

Do none of you tire of this dating thing? It's just such a pain meeting strangers and going through the same chit chat all the time. Some of you seem to go on so many dates I don't know where you get the enthusiasm. Tried dating for a while and the whole thing just made me appreciate being single tbh. Anyone else feel this way?
18-04-2012, 16:04   #6435
Galvasean

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraziliaNZ View Post
Do none of you tire of this dating thing? It's just such a pain meeting strangers and going through the same chit chat all the time. Some of you seem to go on so many dates I don't know where you get the enthusiasm. Tried dating for a while and the whole thing just made me appreciate being single tbh. Anyone else feel this way?
Sometimes. Take a break. Long for it again. Go back. repeat cycle ad nausea.
Thread Closed