Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

10-03-2012, 14:43   #226
QikBax

Adverts

Collection of about 400 put up on Adverts.

Found them under the bed.

http://www.adverts.ie/1432805
Advertisement
15-03-2012, 11:14   #227
indiel

I put my collection up here http://www.adverts.ie/1448738
19-03-2012, 21:36   #228
d-gal

I have thousands of callcards from the 90s, is there anyway if people are looking for certain cards that they can post a picture of it. I wouldn't have a clue what half of them are called but I know my collection is extremely vast.

I know I have 1 or 2 that were of only 1000 produced.

What cards are considered the most valuable? I will definitely put them up on adverts but would need to do a bit of research on them first as it's been a long time since I have looked at them

EDIT:
Just some samples of the 5units and 100units I have (again not looking at selling just looking at valuation first)

MINT
3 Eagle Stars
1 Four Courts Dublin
1 CAN
1 Yesteryear

USED
Blank eircom callcard
Call for justice
Kellogg's
An Slua Muiri
Bloomsday
Suzuki Method
Oisin
Feis Ceoil
Butterfly
Castle
Teilifis na Gaeilge
An tOireachtas
Department of health
Economy

Last edited by d-gal; 19-03-2012 at 23:12.
22-03-2012, 15:12   #229
yoyo

3 Eagle Stars €15-€30. Heard of it going for as low as €10
1 Four Courts Dublin 10-15€
1 CAN ""
1 Yesteryear 3-5€

USED
Blank eircom callcard 5-10€
Call for justice 3-5€
Kellogg's 0 (unless part of a lot/not valuable)
An Slua Muiri 3-10€
Bloomsday ""
Suzuki Method ""
Oisin Gemplus Chip more common than sclum/still not sure you'd get much for either
Feis Ceoil ""
Butterfly ""
Castle Is this the rock of cashel? Its worth a few quid, could be worth €20 in good used condition
Teilifis na Gaeilge 4-10€
An tOireachtas 0
Department of health 3-10€
Economy Schlum chip is rarer, only 10, 000 made. Stilt not sure its worth much

I am basing the above off ebay prices. I've seen the Eagle Star go for ridiculous money, you have some nice cards in that collection . "" means as price above btw

Nick
18-04-2012, 08:22   #230
babouska

I have a callcard collection ranging from common to very rare both used and mint (about 15 albums). I was thinking about putting some doubles up on adverts to make some holiday money, can anyone give me a link to a good site for callcard valuation and does anyone know how much the global chipcard alliance card series 1998 set is worth as I have a few of these sets. As far as I can remember it was a set comprising of 10 cards designed by 10 different countries, 1000 released world wide with 100 sets only in Ireland. Many thanks
Advertisement
19-04-2012, 15:14   #231
yoyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by babouska View Post
I have a callcard collection ranging from common to very rare both used and mint (about 15 albums). I was thinking about putting some doubles up on adverts to make some holiday money, can anyone give me a link to a good site for callcard valuation and does anyone know how much the global chipcard alliance card series 1998 set is worth as I have a few of these sets. As far as I can remember it was a set comprising of 10 cards designed by 10 different countries, 1000 released world wide with 100 sets only in Ireland. Many thanks
If you want details of the print runs you can use my site www.irishcallcards.net for an idea. Throw up a few pics on adverts and see how you get on, A mint gca set could get you €50 easily maybe more I'd say, it all depends on who wants the card though, if you need advice on any particular cards just post up a list of what you have on here!

Nick
19-04-2012, 18:42   #232
babouska

Thank you :-)
24-04-2012, 09:41   #233
littlemac1980

Just going through my collection of used callcards tonight. I have about 150 of the horses (10unit) and 100 of the cottage (20 unit).

I noticed at least one cottage card with a very defined serrated edge along the top, and one horses with a very slight serrated edge also along the top (I'd have to check the rest thoroughly to be sure there are no more).

From my recollection, I think I came across this a bit on other cards, and so its probably pretty common.

Any one else encountered this? And does anyone have an explanation?
24-04-2012, 09:56   #234
Danco

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemac1980 View Post
Just going through my collection of used callcards tonight. I have about 150 of the horses (10unit) and 100 of the cottage (20 unit).

I noticed at least one cottage card with a very defined serrated edge along the top, and one horses with a very slight serrated edge also along the top (I'd have to check the rest thoroughly to be sure there are no more).

From my recollection, I think I came across this a bit on other cards, and so its probably pretty common.

Any one else encountered this? And does anyone have an explanation?
These cards are common enough. The serrated edge was created either when the card was being packed in it's plastic wrapper or when it was originally being cut from a larger sheet of plastic with many cards printed on it. If a card was a few millimetres out of place when being packed or cut, the machinery used would give it a serrated edge.

For cards like the Cottage and Irish Horse Racing there will be numerous examples of cards with serrated edges out there because so many of these cards were printed. Generally there would be a few serrated edge cards in every batch printed.

The World Cup '94 and Trinity 400 cards also turn up with a serrated edges quite often. These cards are not hugely valuable, but people do collect them so if you have a card that is more serrated than normal, or one that is in unusually good condition you'd probably get something for it. I'd imagine a sealed example of a serrated card would be a big deal for some collectors too, as would a serrated version of a card that was issued in a small print run.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
26-04-2012, 12:52   #235
Lister1

A few snaps of my rares as I had a look through my collection as someone pm'ed me asking me about the Communications '93 one. I did notice that the older ones that I have haven't aged well at all. Even some of the mint ones in their plastic wrapper appear very faded...

26-04-2012, 16:55   #236
yoyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lister1 View Post
A few snaps of my rares as I had a look through my collection as someone pm'ed me asking me about the Communications '93 one. I did notice that the older ones that I have haven't aged well at all. Even some of the mint ones in their plastic wrapper appear very faded...
Do you still have the mint JFK 100u with the wallet? That card could be worth a few quid for you mint with wallet. If your interested in selling then put them up on adverts, should be able to get a few quid for each of the mint ones in their folders.
I'm after a different run of the dublin millenium with the white spot on the notch so unfortunately none there I need

Nick
01-05-2012, 11:05   #237
Lister1

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo View Post
Do you still have the mint JFK 100u with the wallet?
Nick
Afraid not, I have two wallets but no cards. Either way I dont plan on parting with these. Memories of my early years collecting them are worth more then money....
(2) thanks from:
05-05-2012, 00:04   #238
scullyxxx

my dad owns a call card from 1992. its a great irish famine walk event card. any body have any idea of its value?
05-05-2012, 00:10   #239
yoyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by scullyxxx View Post
my dad owns a call card from 1992. its a great irish famine walk event card. any body have any idea of its value?
Do you have a picture, its not this one:

is it?
That card had 125, 000 made and is very common, it would be worth a few euro mint, but nothing used. I'm not aware of any other famine related card (although its possible there is a different brand/non chipped remote memory cards out there ),

Nick
21-05-2012, 15:03   #240
Bistoman

A friend was asking Me if I knew how to get Call cards valued, So I said I would ask the Good and kind people of "boards.ie" So any help would be great, He has a few books of Cards, Mostly Irish some Mint, a lot of European and middle east and some Japanese.
Ware is the best place to find a value for them?? Thanks In advance

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion