Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread - Page 11 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

09-04-2012, 15:45   #151
DARK-KNIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbelt View Post
Ah come on now, even the Kerrys,Dublins,Tyrones and Corks need luck at some stage.I know you are excited to be in Division 1 next year but come don't be so naive.
Just don't like to hear kildare fans going on bout bad luck I mean yes we have had our fair bit but let's get on with it and hope we won't need it in big decisions I know it's needed but lets not dwell on it.

Actually who was relegated from div 1 I imagine Laois anyways but who else???
Advertisement
09-04-2012, 18:26   #152
lilywhites28
Closed Account

Well Dark knight we have had our fair share of bad luck and no matter what anyone says all teams even great teams need some luck. There can be inches in a game and sometimes its a fine line between winning and losing. Sometimes lady luck can either abandon you or get you over the line but as you said fingers crossed we have enough on the scoreboard to win the big games.
09-04-2012, 21:54   #153
MickySticks
Banned

McGeeneys thought on yesterdays match.

http://www.kfmradio.com/kfm-podcasti...ay-8-4-12.html
10-04-2012, 08:56   #154
blackbelt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK-KNIGHT View Post
Just don't like to hear kildare fans going on bout bad luck I mean yes we have had our fair bit but let's get on with it and hope we won't need it in big decisions I know it's needed but lets not dwell on it.

Actually who was relegated from div 1 I imagine Laois anyways but who else???
Armagh, which is a handy journey once you are on the M1.Donegal is a whole weekend job or a tv job if televised.
10-04-2012, 09:21   #155
Alaska1
Closed Account

Well done to Kildare, IMO it was vital they got up to divison 1, reason being, playin the top sides, week in week out and also a big boost going into the Championship.

They could be a serious threat to any team this year.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
10-04-2012, 09:44   #156
DARK-KNIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbelt View Post
Armagh, which is a handy journey once you are on the M1.Donegal is a whole weekend job or a tv job if televised.
I'll defo do Dublin cork Kerry maybe down and Tyrone won't be allowed a weekend for Donegal as kids would wreck my missus lol
10-04-2012, 10:06   #157
blackbelt

Quote:
I'll defo do Dublin cork Kerry maybe down and Tyrone won't be allowed a weekend for Donegal as kids would wreck my missus lol
You will get on fine in the stand in Pairc Ui Chaoimh if you are under 5'7.
10-04-2012, 10:08   #158
doncarlos

Quote:
I'll defo do Dublin
Going by some of your posts on the Meath thread, maybe you should avoid the Dublin game. You might hear some bad language or soccer style chants and won't be able to enjoy the match.
10-04-2012, 11:02   #159
DARK-KNIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncarlos View Post
Going by some of your posts on the Meath thread, maybe you should avoid the Dublin game. You might hear some bad language or soccer style chants and won't be able to enjoy the match.
TROLL
Advertisement
10-04-2012, 11:17   #160
doncarlos

Quote:
TROLL
Really? No more trollish than your posts about Louth.

I was being serious by the way. You seem to get offended and upset with lads getting satisfaction in getting one over on their rivals so maybe a Dublin match may not be the best place for you to be as a Kildare fan.
10-04-2012, 11:42   #161
DARK-KNIGHT

Quote:
Really? No more trollish than your posts about Louth.

I was being serious by the way. You seem to get offended and upset with lads getting satisfaction in getting one over on their rivals so maybe a Dublin match may not be the best place for you to be as a Kildare fan.
Why would it be? Sure Kildare have beaten Dublin already this season the team
Don't fear playing anyone.

I just disagree with kicking a team when they are down tbh!! But maybe my morals are higher than yours!! I would imagine your delighted as a dub to see Meath struggling but it's bad for Leinster football if Meath are not producing as makes leinster a lot less competitive!!

You should think about the waffle you post before you start having a go for me feeling sorry for a county in decline, remember that it's our national game be proud of it and dont turn it into soccer thuggery or hooliganism!!

Your attitude stinks tbh! My views are mine how dare you question anyone here!!!

Now your dragging this thread off topic so go away please or I'll start using the ignore user feature for the first time on yourself...
10-04-2012, 11:55   #162
keane2097

DARK-KNIGHT is quickly becoming my favourite GAA poster.
10-04-2012, 11:59   #163
doncarlos

Quote:
I just disagree with kicking a team when they are down tbh!! But maybe my morals are higher than yours!! I would imagine your delighted as a dub to see Meath struggling but it's bad for Leinster football if Meath are not producing as makes leinster a lot less competitive!!
I'm a Louth fan and delighted to see Meath struggling. I've always worked and gone to college,school with Meath fans and had to endure plenty of one way slagging over the years so it's nice to have the shoe on the other foot for once.

Quote:
You should think about the waffle you post before you start having a go for me feeling sorry for a county in decline, remember that it's our national game be proud of it
You can feel sorry for who you like but why drag Louth in to it. Why feel the need to get involved?

Quote:
and dont turn it into soccer thuggery or hooliganism!!
Where the hell has this happened? Please quote where I have tried to turn anything to soccer thuggery or holliganism

Quote:
Your attitude stinks tbh! My views are mine how dare you question anyone here!!!
Well then who are you to question anybody else's views?? Numerous posts on Meath thread criticising Louth fans that took satisfaction in getting one over their rivals along with numerous pops saying their fans are "soccer crowds" and no county pride.
Maybe you should have a look at yourself before you get so high and mighty.

Quote:
Now your dragging this thread off topic so go away please or I'll start using the ignore user feature for the first time on yourself...
Ignore if you like, that's what the button is for and we'll leave it at that.
10-04-2012, 12:39   #164
DARK-KNIGHT

Quote:
I'm a Louth fan and delighted to see Meath struggling. I've always worked and gone to college,school with Meath fans and had to endure plenty of one way slagging over the years so it's nice to have the shoe on the other foot for once.

You can feel sorry for who you like but why drag Louth in to it. Why feel the need to get involved?

Where the hell has this happened? Please quote where I have tried to turn anything to soccer thuggery or holliganism

Well then who are you to question anybody else's views?? Numerous posts on Meath thread criticising Louth fans that took satisfaction in getting one over their rivals along with numerous pops saying their fans are "soccer crowds" and no county pride.
Maybe you should have a look at yourself before you get so high and mighty.

Ignore if you like, that's what the button is for and we'll leave it at that.
Your missing my point, it was Kildare in decline 10 or 11 years ago and it's a depressing place to be, fair play to the Louth team for staying up too but it is unsportsmanlike to rub and rub and rub their noses in it tbh. All the talk of 2010 final needs to be forgotten Meath done nothing wrong thebref made a bad call is all.

Sure I get pissed hearing fellow lily fans blaming luck and going on and on about it which is just stupid tbh we looked like a whiny bunch last year here due to some fans dramatising matters, fact is we are having a great run last few years if we never lift Sam again I'll die happy knowing the great days out Kildare have given me and my family!!

Hooliganism comment wasn't directed at Louth but at the general pissing and moaning everyone can have banter but there is a line tbh sure when it comes to rivalry I am top of pecking order in banter stakes

As I said well done Louth you did well to stay up!!!
Thanks from:
14-04-2012, 19:57   #165
MickySticks
Banned

Great win for the minors today.

Kildare 3-19 0-10 Wexford.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text