Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honningbarna (Norwegian punk rock), Whelan's Tues April 10th

• 03-04-2012 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

Whelanslive.com presents
    HONNINGBARNA
    + guests
    Tuesday 10th April
    Whelan's,
    Doors 8pm
    Tickets €11 including booking fee available to buy online from http://www.wavtickets.ie

“Well i’m a man that has seen some punk rock bands in his time and some rock and roll bands in his time, and let me tell you: One of the finest I’ve seen in many, many years is Honningbarna.” – Vic Galloway, BBC Radio Scotland

“Easily our favourite band at Eurosonic 2012. Fast, furious and fiery Norwegian punk rock from a bunch of wild-eyed yahoos who had all the right moves and sterling tunes too. Few will forget their demonic frontman in his blue jumper wielding a cello like a machine-gun in a hurry.” - Jim Carroll, The Irish Times

“I knew very little about these Norwegian kids before I walked into Vera to catch them apart from three different people recommending them in a week. I was blown away. A bunch of brats playing political punk-rock in their native Norwegian language who all looked 16 yet played like they’ve been doing it since they were born.” – Nialler9 (Eurosonic review)

“These Norwegians have an expertly honed coil/release thing going through the songs and even the introduction of a cello into the singers hands doesn’t stop him almost destroying it when the song inevitably hits the most rock of moments. Our eyes were glued to every second.” – State.ie

“Honningbarna are probably among the best acts to see in the flesh, as their youthful exuberance rarely leaves their shows lacking any punch or vigour.” – Luke Slater, Drowned In Sound

HONNINGBARNA – THE REVOLUTION WILL BE CELLO-VISED

Cello & Hammond organ would make terrible weapons in a revolution but they may just provide it’s visceral & surreal soundtrack if Norway’s Honningbarna have their way. Six musical firebrands driven by punk rock fury, most still under twenty years of age, have got all of Europe salivating at their high intensity and all-consuming live shows. Having taken Eurosonic by storm and captured the imagination of every critic who crossed their path, Honningbarna (Honey children) are now set to take on the rest of Europe as they set out to export their ferocious musical insurrection across the continent.

Comments

Advertisement