UAE, DUBAI/SABIS TEACHING!! - Page 27 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

29-03-2012, 20:10   #391
bluebee

Quote:
Originally Posted by M442 View Post
I don't actually know yet, but he said it would be young children so I'm hoping for kindergarten too!!!
They said to me that they had more kindergarten places than other positions so hopefully you will! I think we get a classroom assistant for the little ones which will be nice

Afordy- I think they said four to six weeks but I'm not quite sure. they said to keep posted for email notification though.
Advertisement
31-03-2012, 07:28   #392
adlima

Hey guys. I'm currently out in the gulf working for the company. Some people don't find out where they will be going until a month or two before they leave, others find out straight away. Its depends on the position. There are a lot of schools out here and they are big. It's difficult to get a place in Dubai or Abu dhabi, even if you put them as your choice. Everyone wants to go there. Best of luck to everyone who's heading over for September.
31-03-2012, 13:19   #393
Closed Account

Hi

Did anyone have an interview and take 24 hours to think about the job? When you replied to them, did they acknowledge your e-mail? I took the 24 hours thinking time. I sent them a mail saying I'd take the job, but there wasn't any acknowledgement from them that they received it.
Thanks from:
01-04-2012, 18:36   #394
kitty111

Quote:
Originally Posted by adlima View Post
Hey guys. I'm currently out in the gulf working for the company. Some people don't find out where they will be going until a month or two before they leave, others find out straight away. Its depends on the position. There are a lot of schools out here and they are big. It's difficult to get a place in Dubai or Abu dhabi, even if you put them as your choice. Everyone wants to go there. Best of luck to everyone who's heading over for September.
Hi Adlima, what school are you working in? and how long are you working there? are you enjoying the work and life over there in the gulf? I ended up declining because I didn't realise that they can't guarantee a school so I was a little apprehensive about that. Also, a couple of my friends applied too and they said at the start they'd keep us together but then later on said they couldn't guarantee that. Anyways, I think it's probably not for me yet as I am just finishing college but I would defo keep it in mind sometime down the line. I'd love to hear about your experience with the company SABIS!
04-04-2012, 23:18   #395
Redstrips

Same subject SABIS

Hi all,

Firstly, I'm delighted for all of you that had your interviews and got offered places!

I myself am left very confused.......I got an email at the start of March saying they would be in contact over next few weeks about interview in Ireland. (I had passed telephone interview just before Xmas) But never heard anything for an interview, am quite disappointed! I sent away the garda data protection thing and reference checks were all done ect. Hmmmmmmm! Only thing, I didn't do the you tube video, perhaps this was my downfall! Has the above happened to anybody else? Or anybody else know any public schools in Dubai I could apply to? Apparently, you get paid better in them and better conditions???? :0
Advertisement
05-04-2012, 11:36   #396
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstrips View Post
Hi all,

Firstly, I'm delighted for all of you that had your interviews and got offered places!

I myself am left very confused.......I got an email at the start of March saying they would be in contact over next few weeks about interview in Ireland. (I had passed telephone interview just before Xmas) But never heard anything for an interview, am quite disappointed! I sent away the garda data protection thing and reference checks were all done ect. Hmmmmmmm! Only thing, I didn't do the you tube video, perhaps this was my downfall! Has the above happened to anybody else? Or anybody else know any public schools in Dubai I could apply to? Apparently, you get paid better in them and better conditions???? :0
There's a thread in this forum about the Al-Najah private school in Abu Dhabi. Perhaps you could ring them and see if they're doing interviews. I'm not sure about Dubai. They said the competition for positions in the Choueifat schools in Dubai was strong and that there were a lot of applicants this year.

I didn't do the video CV myself I have to say. They never asked me to do it. I was in the same position as yourself a few weeks ago, I had heard the interviews had started, so I contacted them to see what the status of my application was. It would be no harm to follow it up. At least they can give you a clear answer as to where you stand. Good luck.
05-04-2012, 16:41   #397
Mishmish1

Quote:
Hi all,

I'm in the same boat. Completed application, phone interview, police check, references etc. Was told should expect face to face interview in March so was panicked to see they'd gone ahead without me. Anyway contacted SABIs offices to see what the story was. Was assured that if I was told I'd get interview, it would happen. Something about conducting the interviews in phases. I don't know, tbh have my doubts but there's hope in that.
08-04-2012, 01:21   #398
Siobh78

Anyone Have any idea what the next stage in the process is after u get offered a job? Anything u can do on ur side to make the visa operation go quicker? Going away for a month during the summer so would love to get organised now!
08-04-2012, 14:29   #399
Alia89

Hey everyone,

Any London applicants heard anything about interviews in London? Still anxiously waiting to hear back from them..
Advertisement
10-04-2012, 09:52   #400
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siobh78 View Post
Anyone Have any idea what the next stage in the process is after u get offered a job? Anything u can do on ur side to make the visa operation go quicker? Going away for a month during the summer so would love to get organised now!
I think, for the next stage, we get contacted directly by the school that we will be going to. At least that's what they said to me. I counted six weeks from the end of March so it's in late April. If you're going away before that, maybe you should contact them.
11-04-2012, 23:15   #401
Redstrips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishmish1 View Post
I'm in the same boat. Completed application, phone interview, police check, references etc. Was told should expect face to face interview in March so was panicked to see they'd gone ahead without me. Anyway contacted SABIs offices to see what the story was. Was assured that if I was told I'd get interview, it would happen. Something about conducting the interviews in phases. I don't know, tbh have my doubts but there's hope in that.
Thanks Mishmish for your reply....Just wondering did you email or call them? I've emailed them twice and no reply, was thinking of calling them tomorrow.
11-04-2012, 23:43   #402
Mishmish1

Quote:
Thanks Mishmish for your reply....Just wondering did you email or call them? I've emailed them twice and no reply, was thinking of calling them tomorrow.

Emailed them to no reply and then called office. Not fair to be strung along! Keep in mind when calling that weekends are different over there, think it's either thurs/fri or fri/sat. Good luck.
14-04-2012, 19:19   #403
cj2007

Hello!

Sorry if this has already been answered but I have just found out about Sabris and went to their website but cant really find many answers!! I am studying a degree in business..What kind of position could I apply for with them?

Thanks in advance
15-04-2012, 12:24   #404
JezZCaa...X

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWNS View Post
Mines not till Thursday.. What are hoping to teach over there?

Well, I got the job anyway & I presume I'll be teaching English because my degree is in English & Media!

They said in the interview I'd be told of what school I got in the last week of April. I said Dubai or Abu Dhabi but I kinda wish I stressed Dubai more; heard better things about it! I'll just wait & see!

Woo! Roll on August!
15-04-2012, 12:58   #405
maggie_cork

hey all. I'm currently teaching here in the emirates, in Abu Dhabi.. yes its very up in the air about which grade you will get really until you get here.. for example I was told I would get grade 6 upwards... but when i got here I was given grade 1... on my second year now and its great.. people who are going for kindergarden I would say its hard going.. they are realy just babies here when they are sent to school at 3 yrs old.. plus side to kindergarden though is that you have a helper.. not all grades have this.. but in Kindergarden you really need them- for toilet accidents and the likes !!!!!
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion