Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

01-04-2012, 16:06   #31
44leto
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoollyRedHat View Post

Haha, quite so old chap, those basterds that mind the yacht when I'm not there for 340 days of the year cost a fortune. Luckily I have started using Child Labour, illegal yes, cheap, yes, yes yes.
Indeed, indeed and you can't have them flogged anymore except on open seas, the last time I was on it would you believe the champagne wasn't chilled enough, my trophy girlfriend fainted with the shock.
Advertisement
01-04-2012, 16:07   #32
Fighting Irish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born to Die View Post
£250K a week for kicking a ball around a field is obnoxious.

lol @ jealousy
Thanks from:
01-04-2012, 16:13   #33
dirtyden

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44leto View Post
OK but the upkeep is a bastard, berthing fees, maintenance and it ates the juice.
Yachts use sails.

At least my one does.
01-04-2012, 16:18   #34
WoollyRedHat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44leto View Post
Indeed, indeed and you can't have them flogged anymore except on open seas, the last time I was on it would you believe the champagne wasn't chilled enough, my trophy girlfriend fainted with the shock.
Oh I know, me and my Eton chumps treated it like a sport, it was quite the laugh.. alas we had to stop it for a while when one of the staff died, we made it look like a tragic drowning though haha, and anyway we're much too important and he just a pauper boy...

Oh my, good gracious, I just spat out my caviar, how offence, I hope you hit him around for such atrocious and insulting service. Oh one time, I remember it well, one of the servants I caught sneakily sipping my champagne, well the basterd, I showed him, I said hey, you little ****, you want my champagne, and I proceddded to spit it into his face before, me and the fellows threw him overboard. Unfortunately, he tragically drowned too!

Last edited by WoollyRedHat; 01-04-2012 at 16:22.
Thanks from:
01-04-2012, 16:44   #35
upandcumming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born to Die View Post
£250K a week for kicking a ball around a field is obnoxious.
They deserve every penny.
Advertisement
01-04-2012, 18:06   #36
44leto
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoollyRedHat View Post
Oh I know, me and my Eton chumps treated it like a sport, it was quite the laugh.. alas we had to stop it for a while when one of the staff died, we made it look like a tragic drowning though haha, and anyway we're much too important and he just a pauper boy...

Oh my, good gracious, I just spat out my caviar, how offence, I hope you hit him around for such atrocious and insulting service. Oh one time, I remember it well, one of the servants I caught sneakily sipping my champagne, well the basterd, I showed him, I said hey, you little ****, you want my champagne, and I proceddded to spit it into his face before, me and the fellows threw him overboard. Unfortunately, he tragically drowned too!
Ah Yes Eton memories come flooding back of cricket, cucumber sandwiches dorms and sodomy. Then the recruiters from MI5 and then even more sodomy, by jolly how we ever got to Cambridge MI5 without colonoscopy bags, I will never know.
01-04-2012, 18:35   #37
tdv123
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickySticks View Post
€188 p/w for doing nothing is even more obnoxious IMO.

It used to be €204 a week. €188 for people who are really trying to get work & need it to survive is fine.
Thanks from:
01-04-2012, 19:43   #38
unfortunately

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Palmer View Post
Well maybe take out the sports people move star types that is a totally different group of people. For example a systems architect can be paid 100K pretty easily, I'm not one but the money is justifiable in my eyes.

Friends of mine have no idea what I do and have no idea what I get paid. One has said a lot about "high earners" and works in a trade. He is always trying to figure out what I make. It kind of funny consider how often he mentions doing cash in hand jobs and doesn't see that as tax evasion
There is good money in them actually.

My God, hyphenate man, hyphenate!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion