Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-04-2010, 16:19   #1
bonerm
Banned

Any plans to do "street view" for other non-street locations?

I noted recently that the street set for the TV show Coronation Street was given the streetview treatment:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...,321.84,,0,5.1

So I was wondering is there any plans to maybe extend this idea to other non-street locations? In particular I am thinking sports stadiums.

I think it would it a very popular feature if you could drop the orange-man onto the centre circle of the pitch for a given stadium and then be able to sweep a 360 around the stands and terraces.

So anyone heard anything about this idea maybe becoming a reality like with the coronation st example? Can't imagine it'd be very hard to do and the stadiums/clubs would be getting a nice profile boost from the venture, so it'd be win-win for everyone involved.
Advertisement
20-11-2010, 16:49   #2
yuloni

Old thread I know, but this...the Street View Partner Program. I would love to be in a position to submit requests
20-11-2010, 17:40   #3
bonerm
Banned

Interestingly after I started this I saw that google had done all 10 stadia used for the 2010 world cup finals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_FIFA_World_Cup#Venues

Here's an example : You can move around the perimeter of the pitch and look at the stadium from each point. eg Soccer City, Johannesburg

I'm guessing they'll do more of this sort of stuff in time.
31-03-2012, 15:33   #4
Volovo

I believe Google just took a train through some swiss mountains or something recently with "street view". So now you can be on the slopes, virtually.
12-05-2013, 23:18   #5
FunkyDa2

You can also take to the snow covered slopes...check out the mountains around Davos

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion