Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castle - Season 4 [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Three weeks? Is it that long? There's been a two week break twice so far with this season. It's getting kinda annoying. Especially with a two parter like this.

Are you sure there's a three week break till the next?
    Hmm, my bad. Double, triple & quadruple checked. The promo for 4x16 says "Next Monday". Maybe it's after this ep they go on the 3 week break.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MegGustaa

DeWitt wrote: »
    Hmm, my bad. Double, triple & quadruple checked. The promo for 4x16 says "Next Monday". Maybe it's after this ep they go on the 3 week break.

The episode "Once Upon A Crime" airs Feb 27th but I think the break is after that because there's seemingly no word on what ep comes after that!

I'm rather excited for Linchpin, but I'm avoiding spoilers like the plague (not easy on Tumblr)

MegGustaa wrote: »

The episode "Once Upon A Crime" airs Feb 27th but I think the break is after that because there's seemingly no word on what ep comes after that!

I'm rather excited for Linchpin, but I'm avoiding spoilers like the plague (not easy on Tumblr)

Haha, yeah! There's so many Linchpin GIFs out there already. Castle is the one show I actively try and avoid spoilers for, but it's so hard social media wise with a fandom as passionate as ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

:eek: roll on episode 16! That was a great episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MegGustaa

Haha, yeah! There's so many Linchpin GIFs out there already. Castle is the one show I actively try and avoid spoilers for, but it's so hard social media wise with a fandom as passionate as ours.

ha tell me about it :P I watched all the sneak peeks for The Blue Butterfly and that really ruined the episode for me, so I'm making an effort to avoid the GIFs etc, as well as the video clips themselves :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Castle needs it's DWTS lead-in to be assured a fifth season.

Kicks off tonight on RTE1.

Anyone watch Linchpin yet?
    Really enjoyed it. Only had a quick run through it though during lunch break, wil have to watch the whole thing later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Won't be able to watch it till this evening. Can't wait to see it though. The two part format works so well. They just flesh it out so much better. The pacing is perfect, where occasionally the normal eps can feel a bit rushed.

Really enjoyed part 2 this week. The description of how the linchpin would bring about
    WW3
    was good, with the
    Chinese buying off debt and US running out of money if they didn't

Jennifer Beals was really good as Sophia I thought, particularly at the end. Obviously the mention of Castle's Dad was really unexpected. I'm curious to see how they develop that, if at all.
    When Beckett and Sophia were talking about her and Castle's relationship I was thinking "Here we go, a step backwards" but nice to see at the end like it doesn't seem like she's gonna take what was said too seriously.

Overall it was a really good ep. Loved at the end when Ryan is pulling Esposito's leg by pretending they told him what happened. Nice little gag.

I'm just hoping now that the rest of the series stays as good.

Edit: Also, the scene in the morgue was comical. Nathan's face when he realises Alexis was there was absolutely perfect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 733 ✭✭✭jeff greene

Saved last weeks, knowing the wait would kill me, watched both just now. Interesting plot with lots of twists. I suspected Sophia from the start, just fyi. Her little pep talk to Beckett, at first I thought more delay tactics for them but at least it’s in her mind now, will she risk it? But Castle made the distinction that what they have is different and also Kate said Sophia told a lot of lies. Seeing Beckett jealous is always great. Something needs to happen soon between them, just have a falling out or something, it’s too chummy now, they’re losing their spark.

Got a reminder of Beckett's moms case which I can’t wait for them to revisit, Rick is still working on that, which Sophia said he never stops digging. Kate probably knows Rick is doing it too. Ryan and Esposito had little but were funny. Think they went a little overboard with the car in the water and too much fancy computer stuff too, Castle works best when it’s kept simple and not too hollywood.

• Advertisement

Great post jeff greene, I totally agree about the high tech stuff being unnecessary, and with this point in particular
    Something needs to happen soon between them, just have a falling out or something, it’s too chummy now, they’re losing their spark.

You're dead right that a falling out or something is needed to bring a bit of excitement back. I'm starting to feel a bit more confident now that the rest of the series will bring this back.
    Hopefully being back to normal cases will give some time to focus on Castle looking into Beckett's mam's case, maybe getting found out. Or maybe he keeps lying and covering up what he knows, bit of guilt when he's around her.

Something like that would definitely change the dynamic a little. But at the same time you still want it to have some fun. So hopefully the writers will handle it well.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Good episode and the linchpin reveal was done well. One thing I hated though was the high-tech computer nonsense: There's enough of that rubbish in CSI. 'Castle' doesn't need technical trickery that basically cheats to get the answer. What it does best is Castle and Beckett puzzling through and using their own brains, not some program that couldn't possibly exist. Less of that and more of the duo!

Enjoyed this weeks episode. All though I did think the
    girl murdering the others
    was kinda disappointing... I dunno. The start had me thinking it was gonna be a serial killer. Still, kept me guessing as to who did it, and I actually hadn't expected her.

Shame it's a couple of weeks until the next new episode :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,739 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

it was that bitch from suits!

Another fun episode. Favourite part was Esposito's little "As you wish" as he walked away from Beckett. Castle meets Princess Bride and it put the biggest dopiest smile on my face.
    The foreshadowing, secrets being like timebombs & the couple falling apart because of secrets....OMG I can't wait to see what happens between Castle & Beckett.

[sadface] the hiatus begins now, but at least we have RTE. 4x02 "Heroes and Villains"is on tonight at 11:15pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

it was that bitch from suits!

Yea I thought that, she wasn't looking as well as she looks in suits though!

And fairly standard Castle episode. Quite enjoyed it as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2012/03/adam-baldwin-to-reunite-with-nathan-fillion-on-castle/
    ABC is about to host a Firefly reunion.
    Network sources confirm to TV Guide Magazine that Adam Baldwin - most recently known for Chuck but Jayne Cobb to Nathan Fillion's Mal Reynolds on the aforementioned cult favorite - will guest star this spring on Castle as a detective named Ethan Slaughter.Viewers can expect these two to team up, as Slaughter shows Castle a dirty side of the law and, through their alliance, places the show's title character in danger. Baldwin is only booked for one episode at the moment.

Not a fantastic episode this week, too many twists with the twins and false identities... really was missing everything that has been making Castle so excellent this season.

Marlowe said this was the last "normal" ep and we're now heading into the storm.
    The promo for next week is insane. Gave me heart palpatations.
    Spoilers galore in the promo vid btw.

Yep! Love those kind of Castle episodes.

• Advertisement

Fun ep on RTE @ 11:20 tonight "Eye of the Beholder".

Also, I knew this would happen those stupid cunucks!! RTE have pushed Castle to 12:20 next week. I give up.

I thought this weeks episode was fairly standard Castle fair, but a bit more dull.

That trailer for next week looks good. But I gotta say, they give away too much in the trailer. Like the fact I know Castle finds out Beckett lied kinda ruins the surprise. In my opinion they shoulda kept the trailer to the bomb clips, then when you watch the episode and Beckett reveals her secret it's like *BAM*.
    Also, is it just me or does she not sound very sincere giving that line? I dunno, I think I've just been more critical of it this season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    I thought this weeks episode was fairly standard Castle fair, but a bit more dull.

That trailer for next week looks good. But I gotta say, they give away too much in the trailer. Like the fact
    I know Castle finds out Beckett lied kinda ruins the surprise. In my opinion they shoulda kept the trailer to the bomb clips, then when you watch the episode and Beckett reveals her secret it's like *BAM*.
    Also, is it just me or does she not sound very sincere giving that line?
    I dunno, I think I've just been more critical of it this season

Aww man! Spoiler much!? The person who posted the video said there were spoilers and we were warned whether to watch or not, then you come on and blatantly tell us all about it?! Spoiler tags! Use em!

The last ep with the pseudo twins was ok but it was fairly bog standard cop show. Didnt have much castle that I love in it though Ryan and Espinito with the ring was funny. :D

Skinfull wrote: »
    Aww man! Spoiler much!? The person who posted the video said there were spoilers and we were warned whether to watch or not, then you come on and blatantly tell us all about it?! Spoiler tags! Use em!

The last ep with the pseudo twins was ok but it was fairly bog standard cop show. Didnt have much castle that I love in it though Ryan and Espinito with the ring was funny. :D

Ah sh*t sorry! I'm normally careful in relation to spoilers, just didn't think cause it was a trailer. And with me only complaining about the spoiler!!

Apologies. But yeah Ryan and Esposito were funny in the latest episode. They chemistry between them works well for humourous scenes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

New ep! Really good. I think it was the first time in a while that I wasn't shouting at the screen telling them who the killer was. the story was great the investigation was well done and their logic wasn't the usual black magic leaps they have taken in the past.

And Castle / Beckett towards the end was really well played but I just hope that they don't drag it on for too long.

Great ep, but I really have to step away from tumblr & twitter when it comes to Castle because practically the whole episode was spoiled during the week.
    Not one Cockblocks, but two. TWO!! Stupid Ryan & Espositio.
    I was hoping for some sort of confrontation between Castle & Beckett, but what the writers are doing might be for the best. Next week looks like so much fun with all the added tension.
    I'm still hoping Ausiello's blind item is related to Castle.

Didn't we have an RTE Castle air thread?
    Anyway, it's on tonight. Pushed back again *RME* 12:20am "DEMONS".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I enjoyed the episode. The killer was a genuine mystery to me until the reveal which rarely happens.

However, I just hope the writers do something good with the Castle/Beckett story now, and not have them isolated in a precarious position before they then reveal how they feel.

Great episode all right. It was a very down to earth case compared to some, and I totally agree that I didn't have a clue who the killer might be.

The reveal with Beckett was good done well. I like that she doesn't know that he knows anything yet, and he seems more set in leaving things this time.
    The scene with him and Martha at the bomb site was simple and really good.

The writers have lots of room to do something interesting with their relationship now, but like Otacon said, I hope it's not another near death experience they use to deal with it.

Unfortunately, depending on whether they're hopeful for another season, I could see them having Castle start seeing someone else in the wake of that reveal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,739 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

i dunno sometimes they try too to do too much.

once again we get a cop show where we continuely asking why isn't the fbi handling this?

Advertisement